The Doctor Rules!!!!!! discussion

Making Doctor Who

Comments (showing 1-50 of 77) (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Leyah (new)

Leyah (WholockianHobbit) | 365 comments For all the creative Whovians out there!! If you've made, baked or crafted something to do with Doctor Who, you can share them here.

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments My sister knitted me Baker's scarf. Bow in jealousy before me!

message 3: by Zohal (new)

Zohal | 202 comments I put together the tardis model that Leyah gave me. ;) and I put together my doctor who bookmarks that Leyah also gave me ;) and decorated them.

:)

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments Aww that's awesome! :D

message 5: by Eris Vianney (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments You and Leyah know each other in real life? That's awesome! :D

I made a Doctor Who t-shirt a while ago, and now I'm making a Dalek with tea one. I'm also making the original Fourth Doctor scarf from "Robot" and I painted my pencil box to look like the TARDIS.

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments You have way too much talent :p

message 7: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I'm getting jealous of all of you. Seriously, as someone said, it's awesome. I know of someone online who found a pattern and made Tardis Kindle cover. If you have patterns or directions for any of the non-sewing crafts you have done or know of a link let me know. My most "creative" endeavor was simply to cut out Doctor Who pictures, glue them to cardstock and laminate to make myself bookmarks. Maybe next Christmas I will ask for a Sonic Screwdriver and see if that can help me make something!

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments It should! XD

message 9: by Axela (new)

Axela | 415 comments Get the Make-Your-Own-Sonic one so you can even be creative with that! I got that!

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 147 comments I draw Daleks every day :)
I make colorful collages. With crayons. About 10. And carry them around. Yes.

message 11: by Leyah (last edited Dec 25, 2012 11:34PM) (new)

Leyah (WholockianHobbit) | 365 comments Karen B wrote: "I'm getting jealous of all of you. Seriously, as someone said, it's awesome. I know of someone online who found a pattern and made Tardis Kindle cover. If you have patterns or directions for any..."

That's OK. Anything Doctor Whoish that we make ourselves is still pretty cool!! If anyone can post pictures, that'd be great!!

Eris Clara Oswald wrote: "You and Leyah know each other in real life? That's awesome! :D

I made a Doctor Who t-shirt a while ago, and now I'm making a Dalek with tea one. I'm also making the original Fourth Doctor scarf fr..."

Well, not in real life. We met on Goodreads, like so many others. She invited me to a (virtual) bookclub and they had a Kris Kringle.

message 12: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (last edited Dec 31, 2012 05:04PM) (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 147 comments [image error]

I'm so proud of this. I didn't think I could make a gif.

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 1145 comments Mod
Cool.

message 14: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (Steampunk) | 774 comments You made it by yourself? Nice.

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 147 comments Yeah it was kind of a lot of work. and thanks!

message 16: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Well your hard work shows! I love everything about it including your selection of background which really set the pictures off. It's amazing what you have done!

message 17: by Eris Vianney (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments Nice gif! :D That looks like it took a lot of work, but it came out really nice.

message 18: by Leyah (new)

Leyah (WholockianHobbit) | 365 comments Well done!!

message 19: by Zohal (new)

Zohal | 202 comments ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮-ωα ⊰♡1017 & ♡ Tardis!⊱ wrote: "

I'm so proud of this. I didn't think I could make a gif."

AWESOME!

message 20: by Arwen (new)

Arwen wow i am really impressed

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 147 comments Thanks sososo much!

message 22: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 1507 comments Ebony~My God's not dead, He's surely ALIVE! wrote: "My sister knitted me Baker's scarf. Bow in jealousy before me!"

wow!!!! Meee waaaaant! :D :D

message 23: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (MissWannaReadALot) | 1507 comments Cool gif thing! How'd you make it??

message 24: by Sidnee (new)

Sidnee I'm knitting myself a Baker scarf!!!!

message 25: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments I'm so proud! You'll love it, I love mine :)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 147 comments Janeen-san wrote: "Cool gif thing! How'd you make it??"

I got the pics using print shop and edited them, then used an online picture to gif service.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

sorry i have not been on i am totaly addicted to my other group.

GlitchObsession-Eridan's Matesprit (DontlaughIknowwhereyoulive) I made a big sign on my door that says "NO PEARS ALOUD BEYOND THIS POINT!"

GlitchObsession-Eridan's Matesprit (DontlaughIknowwhereyoulive) ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮-ωα ⊰♡1017 & ♡ Tardis!⊱ wrote: "

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 30: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) I guess I missed something ... the reference to the Pears, was that in the show and I don't remember it? Sorry about that.

message 31: by Eris Vianney (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments It wasn't technically in the show, but it is considered canon. In Human Nature, there is that scene where Martha accesses a video from the Doctor telling her what to do while he is human, and there is a moment where she fast-forwards the tape. Well, David Tennant still had to say something for the part that is fast forward, so David went very random and hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW1x2T...

Bingle bongle dingle dangle yickety do yickety da ping pong lippy tappy to ta.

GlitchObsession-Eridan's Matesprit (DontlaughIknowwhereyoulive) Yep! Thanx! XD

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 147 comments Obsession-Oncie wrote: "ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮-ωα ⊰♡1017 & ♡ Tardis!⊱ wrote: "

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Thanks!

I noticed he also mentions a Rory. I forget if there was a Rory character in that episode.

message 35: by Eris Vianney (last edited Jan 05, 2013 02:00PM) (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments No, Rory is the name of one of the behind-the-scenes guys that David was speaking with earlier. He went out of character for a bit.

Eris Clara Oswald wrote: "No, Rory is the name of one of the behind-the-scenes guys that David was speaking with earlier. He went out of character for a bit."
Ah got you.

GlitchObsession-Eridan's Matesprit (DontlaughIknowwhereyoulive) ik I was confused, too, but, my friend ruined a lot for me so I was confused the whole time she was talking. I WILL NEVER FORGIVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 38: by Leyah (new)

Leyah (WholockianHobbit) | 365 comments I'm making edible TARDIS's and Adipose. Yum! Wish me luck!

message 39: by Eris Vianney (last edited Jan 06, 2013 05:08PM) (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments Oh, sounds yummy! Good luck!

By the way, I'm trolling this Goodreads thread over here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1... I've claimed it in the name of Doctor Who, which basically means that I'm just posting Doctor Who stuff in this random thread someone made. If anyone wants to help Whovinize it, please come. :D

message 40: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments Omgosh that list of depressing quotes! ;,( it literally brought tears to my eyes.

message 41: by Eris Vianney (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments That ripped my hearts out, so I definitely wanted to share it. :( The person who compiled it didn't include this one, though:

"Don't let me in."

The Girl Who Waited. :(

message 42: by Emily (new)

Emily (lafillebrigitte) | 1085 comments That's a good one too :,(
So many feels in Doctor Who!

message 43: by Eris Vianney (last edited Jan 14, 2013 09:20PM) (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments Leyah said I should post this on this thread, so boom!

I made it last year when I was starting out as a Whovian, and I tried to shove as much Doctor Who symbolism into it as possible. The D has Tenth Doctor quotes in it, while the W is composed of Eleventh Doctor quotes (including the Pandorica Speech; that took forever to write, and because of that I have memorized the whole speech). I put in the blue stars as a reference to Ten's love of Converse, and I put teeny bow-ties at the bottom. The fob watch is, of course, from Human Nature and Family of Blood.

The only problem is that I can't ever wash it, because I rather stupidly used non-permanent markers. I'm thinking of making the t-shirt again, though, only with these nifty fabric markers and sharpies that I have.

message 44: by Leyah (last edited Jan 14, 2013 09:25PM) (new)

Leyah (WholockianHobbit) | 365 comments Eris Clara Oswald wrote: "Leyah said I should post this on this thread, so boom!

I made it last year when I was starting out as a Whovian, and I tried to shove as much Doctor Who symbolism into it as possible. The D has ..."

And Utopia, of course.

Is it OK if I try to copy it? I will put a homage to you at the bottom corner, so everyone knows it wasn't me!

message 45: by Eris Vianney (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments Utopia, of course! That watch in particular on the t-shirt was the Doctor's - the Master's might have been the same design, though.

Sure, go right ahead! I am extremely flattered that you would want to do that. :)

message 46: by Zohal (new)

Zohal | 202 comments @Eris

WOW!!!

That us SO creative.

I wish I was that creative.

message 47: by Eris Vianney (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments Isabelle wrote: "@Eris

WOW!!!

That us SO creative.

I wish I was that creative."

Thank you, Isabelle! It only came out because of a lot of practice and an artist mom. :)

message 48: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) Wow that is fantastic! I bet you could sell them if you wanted to but I have a feeling this is a one-of-a-kind special.

I did notice something and I've been meaning to ask about this on one of the lists ... When Doctor Ten says "Allonsy" does that mean something particular or is it like Eleventh saying "Geronimo"

Karen B wrote: "Wow that is fantastic! I bet you could sell them if you wanted to but I have a feeling this is a one-of-a-kind special.

I did notice something and I've been meaning to ask about this on one of the lists ... When Doctor Ten says "Allonsy" does that mean something particular or is it like Eleventh saying "Geronimo""

Pretty much, at least that is how I have interpreted it.

message 50: by Eris Vianney (new)

Eris Vianney (SeeYouSpaceCowboy) | 1188 comments Karen B wrote: "Wow that is fantastic! I bet you could sell them if you wanted to but I have a feeling this is a one-of-a-kind special.

I did notice something and I've been meaning to ask about this on one of th..."

Allons-y is French for "let's go," but I don't know if it has a meaning outside of that. The Doctor likes his catchphrases!

« previous 1