Month9Books discussion

Discussions > OMG. The Vampire Diaries Season 4 premiere, epic or what?

Comments (showing 1-37 of 37) (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) Season 4 officially kicked off with the first episode.

(view spoiler)

message 2: by Georgia, Publisher (new)

Georgia McBride (Georgia_McBride) | 18 comments Mod
Could have been epic-er. I wish I had liked it better. BUT, I am super looking forward to tomorrow night. OMG. And now that The Walking Dead is back on, I am in TV heaven.

message 3: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) Haha yeah it did seem a little cram-packed but the Elena/Stefan exchange was too touching to not make up for it all. ;)

And yes! The Walking Dead, zombie fun.

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (Rockets2Writing) OMG the second episode was a roller coaster of emotions! I felt like Elena there! I really really enjoyed it. I'm curious to see what all this means for Elena. It's going to make her struggle to transition even more difficult. And what's with the new vampire hunter. I do not like him! He's not nearly as cool as Alaric.

message 5: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) I know the second episode opened up questions in relation to her doppelganger blood. Can't say I am a fan of the new vampire hunter either, especially stabbing a human! & how touching was Damon at Alaric's grave?

message 6: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (Rockets2Writing) oh poor Damon! My heart bleeds for him! I just so badly want him to be happy. But I think that's one of the reasons he's so likeable, because he's so tortured and things never seem to quite work out in his favor.

I'm really enjoying the questions surrounding the doppelganger blood and I hope they continue to explore that. Although wasn't Katherine also a doppelganger before she became a vampire? I wonder if she will return and somehow help Elena.

I can't wait for more tonight :)

message 7: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) Right. What are your thought on this so called vampire cure?

If does exist there must be a catch, right?

My guess is it only works on one vampire alone. Or the cure is actually an instant wipe-out button. Because why would you kill the very things you know you can cure?

message 8: by Nereid (new)

Nereid (nereidp) | 3 comments There is always a catch and no matter how it would benefit Elena Kraus will cause more mayhem than good. He stabbed his family for heaven's sake and can't be trusted. There is no way Kraus will let Stefan become human as he still wishes they were best buds lol

message 9: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (Rockets2Writing) I thought the cure was interesting but I'm guessing there's a huge catch to it. I'm not sure if it will go back to the whole doppelganger thing again, for instance maybe the doppelgangers have to die for the cure to work, or the cure wont work on doppelgangers. Who knows. But I definitely don't expect an easy ride for any of them.

message 10: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) Maybe the doppelganger part might come into play. If Katharine hears wind of a cure she might take Elena's place and receive the cure instead of Elena. She's fooled them before.

So many different possibilities. It'll be great seeing which one plays out.

message 11: by Georgia, Publisher (new)

Georgia McBride (Georgia_McBride) | 18 comments Mod
The vampire cure. I love this concept. And I love that Stefan and Damon are on opposing sides of this. LOVE.

message 12: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) Well the last episode, the big question is 'What will happen now?'

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Jamie (last edited Nov 11, 2012 05:11PM) (new)

Jamie Krakover (Rockets2Writing) Mia K wrote: "Well the last episode, the big question is 'What will happen now?'

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

I'm really curious to see what happens now!

message 14: by Mia K (last edited Nov 11, 2012 07:51PM) (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) It is a definite lesson learned for both Stefan and Damon. They should put a stop to their secrets right now before they dig a bigger hole for the lot of them.

I don't think the other hunter had a killing compulsion, but was driven by wanting to know about the tattoo (or how I understood). I think Alaric just killed vampires for sport, out of both anger and vengeance (otherwise hello major plot hole).

message 15: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) Alrighty ladies. Thoughts on the last episode?

(view spoiler)

message 16: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (Rockets2Writing) wow...
(view spoiler)

message 17: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) If Jeremy was so willing to kill one for Elena, I think he might go further if it means a cure for her. Though more than one person's word would be a really good thing to have.

And agree, Vampire Diaries just wouldn't be the same without the triangle.

message 18: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) Alright, we had to go through a week with no Vampire Diaries, and then they dropped this one on us.

(view spoiler)

message 19: by Nereid (new)

Nereid (nereidp) | 3 comments Poor Damon, just when things seem to be going his way, Elena seems to have no control of her feelings and he will not be happy when he finds out. Jeremy may go the way of Conor as the more vamps he kills the more driven he will become which is sad as he was such a likable guy.

message 20: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (Rockets2Writing) What a great episode!
(view spoiler)

message 21: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (Rockets2Writing) So I had an interesting thought....
(view spoiler)

message 22: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) That is an interesting idea Jamie, because at present the need for 12 hybrids does seem kind of odd.

(view spoiler)

message 23: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (Rockets2Writing) The last episode is interesting....
(view spoiler)

message 24: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) (view spoiler)

message 25: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (Rockets2Writing) (view spoiler)

message 26: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (Rockets2Writing) excuse the language but that was a huge WTF episode... I still need to process all the insanity. It seemed like they kind of made the rules up as they went along too. Cough Cough Jeremy and Elena vs Jeremy and Damon Cough Cough

And I'm still not sure what happened with Klaus and the 12 and what all that means...

Too much to consider.

Next years episodes should be interesting.

message 27: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) It isn't a Vampire Diaries season without a heart being ripped out =P. And it did appear Hayley knew exactly what she was doing to those poor 12 hybrids, and she didn't even seem remorseful.

(view spoiler)

But yes, next year should prove interesting.

message 28: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) So we've had one episode since its mid-season break finished.

Thoughts on what Rebecca did to Elena and Stefan and compelling them to the truth? Poor Stefan.

Bonnie realised it was dark magic Shane got her to do, but she doesn't seem full-on against it.

And as for April? I am not liking her. At all.

message 29: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (Rockets2Writing) I felt like the compelling bit with Elena and Stefan felt a little contrived. I felt bad for Stefan but it felt like an excuse to force out a problem that could have come out more slowly and naturally.

I'm surprised Bonnie seemed to go along with the dark magic, she seemed a little upset by it affecting April, but in the long run I think this is going to be a problem for her.

I too do not like April. She seems like she is just a follower and does not think for herself. She's Rebecca's little pawn.

message 30: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) So we've had another two episodes to digest. It seems like we might get the cure story thread pretty soon as they now have all the pieces.

I was interested by Klaus's reaction to Kol's death. He didn't seem to care much when they killed Finn. But go Bonnie trapping him, and she's still happily using the magic. Do you think Kol's death will force Elijah to resurface, or we won't be seeing him again this season?

message 31: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (Rockets2Writing) I agree, although I have to wonder what else with go wrong with finding the cure. Killing Kol seemed too easy. Well not the actual act of killing him but killing him to get the tattoo complete. I'm a bit sad cause I thought Kol's character had some serious evil potential but I know they needed to advance the cure story. I do have to wonder if Elijah will come back or if he still doesn't want to be entangled in his family's giant mess. I can't recall how close Elijah and Kol here. I'm guessing he wont even hear about the death until he returns at a later date.

I so glad Bonnie finally has a good story. Her continued use of magic is not going to end well, but I'm going to enjoy some serious spell work from her.

message 32: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) Been another couple of weeks. Did you see Katherine coming out of the wood works? I was still leaning towards Elijah that was on the island, but of course it is selfish Katherine.

I knew the cure was a once use only kind of deal, and was nice to see I at least got something right. Hahaha. But we've got a snapped neck Jeremy and a dying Bonnie. Is the story of Silas able to bring back the dead a lie? If so, was Jeremy still wearing the ring?

Guess we'll have to wait and see how it unfolds.

message 33: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (Rockets2Writing) I'm not sure how they are going to dig out of the Jeremy being dead hole without him wearing the ring or Silas somehow being involved. I'm curious to see how Silas will factor into all this. It could definitely stir the pot.

I didn't see Katherine's entrance until part way through the episode. I'd love to see Elijah again but I'm not sure if we will.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

message 34: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) Wonder if they actually keep him dead? If so, poor Elena. All her family would be dead. And if he is dead dead, then /sad.

I'd love to see Elijah again as well, as I think he is my favourite original.

message 35: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (Rockets2Writing) Mia K wrote: "Wonder if they actually keep him dead? If so, poor Elena. All her family would be dead. And if he is dead dead, then /sad.

Because of how they left things I'd be very surprised if Jeremey stayed dead.

message 36: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) Thoughts? I'm thinking Jeremy is going to stay dead. There is no way they'd let Bonnie bring back to life every dead supernatural creature. As they said, it would bring back some very annoyed vampires, like Kol for instance.

And Elena has switched off her humanity. And poor Matt, felt so sorry for him as he cried alone in his truck. He's like the only non-supernatural left.

message 37: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (Rockets2Writing) Ugh! I'm so sad about Jeremy, but I think you are right he is dead. We may get a ghost Jeremy at some point for an episode or two, but I'm guessing that other than that we won't be seeing him again. :(

As for Matt, I felt horrible for him. He felt like he had to be so strong for everyone else and then he just lost it when he was alone. Poor guy!

I'm curious to see if Elena goes all ripper now that she has no humanity. Should be really interesting.