A Song of Ice & Fire Fans discussion

So...Podrick Payne.

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 13 comments What's the deal? Is he alive? What was Brienne's word? Did she say it to save herself or did she say it for him? Just kind of want to hear thoughts.

message 2: by *Secret*Fatty* (new)

*Secret*Fatty* (YouknowNOTHINGJonSnow) | 76 comments I'm really confused about that whole story line too. I really felt there had to be some reason why Podrick was brought back into the story and specifically to Briannes part of the story.
Unfortunately I don't think Stoneheart spared his life as well as Briannes. I do believe Brianne saw Podrick hang and officially die. I think she said something about how his legs stopped twitching or something to that affect. I don't have the book on me otherwise I would have already looked it up!

message 3: by Gianluca (new)

Gianluca (GianlucaG) | 118 comments I can't remember everything about that scene, but I had the impression that Brienne said what she said in order to save his life (and hers, of course). So, I guess he could still be alive after all. At least I hope so, I liked his character.

message 4: by Prin (new)

Prin (prncss1121) | 126 comments Podrick's one of my favorite characters! I hope in TWOW, there'll be a chapter as seen from his POV. :) Anyway, I don't think Podrick died. I think Brienne's talked just in time to save his life. From what I remember, Brienne saw Podricks legs kicking in the air as he was being hanged. Sooooo I'm guessing (hoping as well) that he's still alive. :P

message 5: by Prin (new)

Prin (prncss1121) | 126 comments PS
I was hoping Podrick could squire for Barristan. That'd be awesome!

message 6: by Gianluca (new)

Gianluca (GianlucaG) | 118 comments Prin wrote: "Podrick's one of my favorite characters! I hope in TWOW, there'll be a chapter as seen from his POV. :) Anyway, I don't think Podrick died. I think Brienne's talked just in time to save his life. F..."

I doubt he'll get PoV chapters (even though I would like that), but maybe we'll see him , or at least know what happened to him, in Brienne's and Jaime's chapters!

message 7: by Dantezgirl (new)

Dantezgirl | 190 comments Have a bad feeling Pod is dead. Have a feeling Brienne's last words were "I YIELD!" I would like to think it was for Pod, but for herself as well.

message 8: by Prin (new)

Prin (prncss1121) | 126 comments I'll cry if Pod dies :)

message 9: by Kbee (new)

Kbee | 12 comments nah i think pod is dead he was tyrions squire and we all know how catelyn felt about lannisters and now shes all badass as stoneheart i dont think she cares much for ppl who were actually sworn to defend lannisters

message 10: by Seed (new)

Seed | 64 comments There definitely won't be a Pod POV if he's still alive, as GRRM has stated that there will be no more new POVs from here on out. We're stuck with all the POVs we already have. Unless, of course, young Pod ends up as a prologue or an epilogue...which won't bode well for him.