Ask Nelson DeMille - October 18, 2012 discussion

Books to movies and TV

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Larry (new)

Larry | 2 comments Love most of your books. My favorites are Up Country and Word of Honor. Least favorite was The Gatehouse. Wondered how much control you have once the book is purchased for a movie or TV. The Generals Daughter was made into a very good movie but Word of Honor was an absolute stinker of a TV movie.
Thanks

message 2: by Steven (new)

Steven (TBones) | 4 comments I didn't know that Word of Honor was made into a movie. The General's Daughter was very good. Travolta played the part very well and the ending was quite dramatic. What I'd love to see is a movie with a character like John Corey or Travolta's character where they meet up with say a homicide detective like Patterson's Alex Cross or maybe Ben Coes's Dewey Andreas. I think this type of movie would be something fresh and would draw fans of more than one author and introduce characters that people haven't read about yet.

message 3: by Tess (new)

Tess Mertens-Johnson | 2 comments Will any of the books with John Corey be made into movies? I can see George Clooney playing him, or Harrison Ford

message 4: by Barb (new)

Barb | 1 comments You have tons of fans down here in Dallas and would love it if you could put us on your next tour list. Looking forward to reading The Panther. Thanks!

message 5: by Corey (new)

Corey | 1 comments "Word Of Honor" became a made-for-TV movie starring Don Johnson and son Jesse, who played the same character in both 60's Vietnam and 80's Washington.