Literary Fiction by People of Color discussion

Alice Walker and Pearl Cleage In Conversation

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wilhelmina (new)

Wilhelmina Jenkins | 2042 comments Mod
I was able to attend this great conversation between Alice Walker and Pearl Cleage at Emory University last week. It was wonderful to hear these two amazing authors talk about their work. In honor of the 30th anniversary of the publication of The Color Purple, Walker read an excerpt from it at the end. The whole event is now available on YouTube. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01GqEa...

message 2: by Jean (new)

Jean | 128 comments Mina, thank you so much for sharing this link. Very nice.

message 3: by Che (new)

Che (chezon) Mina, it seems we're often in the same place. I attended and was overjoyed. Got an opportunity to take a picture with both. Those pictures are my new pride and joy. Thanks so much for sharing this link.

message 4: by Wilhelmina (new)

Wilhelmina Jenkins | 2042 comments Mod
You got pictures, Chezon! That's wonderful!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow Mina, I'll bet this is going to be a special memory. Can' imagine seeing and hearing both authors talk to each other while I listened from the audience.Wow!

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 386 comments what an awesome exchange between these women. Loved it.

message 7: by Tonya (last edited Oct 18, 2012 10:29AM) (new)

Tonya (tonyalit) | 6 comments Thank you so much for sharing such an inspiring post! They are absolutely dynamic women. I wish I had the opportunity to see Pearl's play! Sounds quite interesting. They've given me the push to resume my rewrite! Thanks again!

message 8: by Hazel (new)

Hazel | 191 comments Thank you for sharing this link, Mina. I've passed it on to several friends and will want to watch the video again.