Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) Poison Princess question

The Ending **Spoilers
Liana Liana Oct 10, 2012 03:28AM
What did you guys think of the ending? I felt it was little rushed and I was really dissapointed in Jack's reponse. I never thought he would really do they cross thing. I hope it picks up right where it left off and that he can look past it. Does anyone know anything about the next book?

I don't know any thing about the next book. But I was a little disipointed in the end. I wish Jack wouldn't have done the cross thing but maybe(crossing my fingers) he'll get over it and take Evie as she is. Hope the next one comes out soon cause I want to know what's gonna happen.

I can't wait until the next book. My heart kind of broke when Jack did that. I never thought he would ever like...think of her as something like a demon. I think the ending was a bit rushed, I thought the ending was very mysterious and I'm sad that it's over, I would've liked it if Jack had like come in and saved the day, or at least would've acted differently. I can't stand the thought of Jack hating Evie. But all in all it was a very mysterious, cliffhanger, it left me wanting more.

Annie I know. I don't want Jack to hate Evie. Wnat to read the second book so bad! Wait. Is there a second book? There better be, considering that cliffhang ...more
Oct 27, 2012 04:23PM

Nope. Loved it, it made me want to kill Kresley ofcourse but I also admired her for it, nothing could've made me want to buy the next book more. As for Jack, that had to happen because: A. he was too accustomed to seeing Evie as some poor lamb in need of saving ofcourse it's going to be a shock seeing her as some crazy (but in my opinion kind of awesome) all-powerful sorceress chick. B. Despite her visions (or even because of them, remember he knew plenty of divinators)she was his tie to the normal world, how often does he tell her in the book that she's the only one to remember that world with? C. He's obviously been raised extremely religiously and has clung to that religion because of the chaos he's been tossed into, for all we know that wasn't so much an act of fear as grasping at something he found familiar and comforting in the face of something so obviously alien. D. And I do feel this is the most important reason, it gives him something to work for in the second book. As he never really knew this side of her in this first book he only loved the side he was familiar with, the second book will give him a chance to fall for her darker side, and damn that is going to be good, on top of that he's going to have to gain back her trust so ole Jack has his work cut out for him.
So sorry about the major rant I usually don't post much I just can't stop thinking about that book, it's driving me up the wall.

Spacklefritz well I think I'll have to ditto everything Lena said, especially with the religious background. I mean here is Evie sprouting thorns and stuff, if you ...more
Oct 28, 2012 12:18PM

Why would Jackson be such a jackass and do that to Evie? I mean, isn't he always telling her to... idk, toughen up? Dude! She's doing that right now! Stop it with the crosses!

K Oct 22, 2012 05:25AM   0 votes
I don't think the ending was too rushed. I just hate that it was a cliffhanger. I really think that the second book is going to be better. Evie has come into her powers, and she's beginning to accept what she's become...although the fact that she remembered that she has to kill all of the other cards might push her back some. Jack's response was disappointing (and a little funny), but I'm hoping that it won't take too long for him to get over it and take Evie as she is. He told her they could get through anything. Actually, I wonder if Evie will try to push him away to keep him out of danger. I can totally see another card trying to threaten Jack to get to Evie. I want to know more about their connection. He seems to be her anchor to...humanity? I just hope that we won't have to deal with Selena trying to seduce Jack for much longer. I'm over love triangles. Kresley has already said that Death will have a bigger role, so that should be interesting. Being that it's Evie's biggest foe, I wasn't expecting to find out much about him so soon. I really want to know what he has on Matthew. Should Evie really trust Matthew? I do believe that he cares for her, but still... Also, the rain has come, so I'm really looking forward to some action!

The ending had me gasping! I honestly didnt think he was going to the cross thing when he found out. sheesh, can't wait for the next book! Loved, loved, loved this one!

Ebony (last edited Feb 12, 2015 03:36PM ) Oct 13, 2012 12:00PM   0 votes
I haven't heard anything about the second book yet, but I have to say I loved the whole of the first book including the ending, it made me hooked and want to know what happens next. Yeah sure I had hoped Jack would have been fine with what Evie is, but then I wouldn't feel the need to read the second book and find out what happens next... Can't wait till the next one comes out and I am with Liana, I hope it picks up where it left off.:)

I'm scared for the next book as much as I'm excited for it. While I REALLY want to know what happens with Jack (I don't entirely (entirely) blame him for the cross thing he did when he fist saw her as she was at the end, but god help me he better make up for it good in the next book) I'm scared that before he does realise it doesn't matter (if it takes him longer than thee first chapter) that he will turn to Kresley first. That is my greatest fear as I'm not sure their relationship could last through that.