Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Bulletin Board > Help for Indie Writers

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charlie (new)

Charlie Bray (charlie-bray) | 80 comments Hi All, I've just launched a new blog, 'The Indie Tribe', dedicated to helping Indie authors by reviewing their books, promoting their blogs, helping them with writing, editing, self-publishing and marketing, and finding them readers. If any of this would benefit you, please join The Indie Tribe now. http://theindietribe.wordpress.com/20...

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) Hi, Charlie. Please feel free to share one of my books with your readers: Some Brief Advice for Indie Authors is a freebie download on Smashwords. Thanks!

message 3: by Matthew (new)

Matthew McFarland (MatthewWMcFarland) | 22 comments Hi, I joined your tribe via the website

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

And me too.

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex Albrinck | 20 comments I'm signed up as well.

message 6: by Charlie (new)

Charlie Bray (charlie-bray) | 80 comments Hi Sharon, Matthew, L.J.R., C.J. and Alex.

Thank you all for joining The Indie Tribe. Look forward to flying the Indie flag with you all.

Keep spreading the word

Charlie

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm following the blog.

message 8: by William (new)

William Stuart (TheGemstoneChronicles) | 72 comments Charlie wrote: "Hi All, I've just launched a new blog, 'The Indie Tribe', dedicated to helping Indie authors by reviewing their books, promoting their blogs, helping them with writing, editing, self-publishing and..."

Just joined!!

message 9: by Charlie (new)

Charlie Bray (charlie-bray) | 80 comments Thank you Courtney and William.

Please help promote The Indie Tribe wherever you can. Let's make it a force to be reckoned with.

message 10: by Richard (new)

Richard (amazoncomauthorricharddparker) | 29 comments Hi Charlie, I just joined!

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) Hi, Charlie. Is there a particular button or widget you would like for us to use on our websites? I did not find one, but it's possible I didn't look through enough places. Thanks!

message 12: by Florence (new)

Florence Osmund | 174 comments Thanks, Charlie. Your blog is interesting, and I just joined.

message 13: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Graziano (AlexandraMarieGraziano) | 2 comments Hello!
I just joined the tribe! I just recently self-published my first novel, "The Colors of Rayne." I look forward to reading more into your blog!
-Alexandra

message 14: by Justin (new)

Justin (JustinBienvenue) | 2069 comments This sounds very interesting! Very helpful and useful, I'm definitely going to check into this. Thanks Charlie

message 15: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) Hmm. Now getting a "page not found" message. Odd.

message 16: by Charlie (new)

Charlie Bray (charlie-bray) | 80 comments Hi Sharon,
Apologies, sounds like a gremlin at work. The volume of activity since launch has been very high. I'll look into it. By the way, I'm working on a link button to The Indie Tribe to display on your blog or website, as per your remark on the last post. If you have any further problems accessing my blog, please email me on c_bray1@sky.com. Many thanks, Charlie

message 17: by Amy (new)

Amy Mah (AmyMahVampire) | 1 comments Hi any author want some free advertising?

I will do a feature on anyones book if they in turn do one on my books. email me at: amymahvampire@aol.com

And take a look at my blog which has about 34000 hits so far

http://amymahvampire.blogspot.co.uk/2...

message 18: by Justin (new)

Justin (JustinBienvenue) | 2069 comments So I just checked this out and unfortunately I dont qualify because my first book is under contract with a publisher, I do have two other books without any but I dont know if i want to take this route with them. Could I possibly just to get it out there to promote n maybe it catches on for a publisher after? hmm...

message 19: by Charlie (new)

Charlie Bray (charlie-bray) | 80 comments Good idea Justin, send me a copy and I'll see what I can do.

message 20: by Justin (new)

Justin (JustinBienvenue) | 2069 comments Alright, I'll send the short poetry one over to you. Thanks Charlie

message 21: by Justin (new)

Justin (JustinBienvenue) | 2069 comments where do I send it?

message 22: by Charlie (new)

Charlie Bray (charlie-bray) | 80 comments Hi Justin, email a pdf or word doc to c_bray1@sky.com

Thanks, Charlie

message 23: by Justin (new)

Justin (JustinBienvenue) | 2069 comments hey Charlie sending it now.