Australian Women Writers Challenge discussion

Miscellaneous > Queensland Writers Centre

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 10 comments I've just joined the Queensland Writers Centre. Are there any other Goodreads authors who belong to QWC?

Charming Language (CharmingLanguage) | 13 comments Hi, I'm a member, although I'm not very active. I enjoy their newsletter and membership keeps me up to date with news from the writing scene, but I've yet to attend any workshops. What are your aims now that you're a member?

message 3: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 10 comments Hi This Charming Mum

Thanks for your reply. I am keen to have contact with some Australian authors. I self-published my first book thru Amazon which of course is American based. I only found out by accident that in Australia you are supposed to lodge a copy of your book with the National and State Libraries. I'd like to know about any other applicable Australian laws, to discuss marketing tactics and the Australian market in general.
I see you put UK literature as one of your interests -are you originally from the UK as I am?

Charming Language (CharmingLanguage) | 13 comments Oh I see. Well, hopefully the QWC can help you with some of that information. I am not British, but I worked over there for several years, including at the British Library. Marketing is something I find hard to understand where literature is concerned. It seems to me that a lot of emphasis is put on personal appearances in Australia (festivals, signings) whereas that wasn't the case in the UK. Blog tours also seem to be increasingly popular with Australian publishers. Several of the review copies I've received have been thanks to authors on blog tours. Anyway, best of luck!