Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay question

which death were you the most sadest about??
Michelle Michelle Oct 09, 2012 08:29PM
OMG i was really sad about all the deaths in this book. okay this i going to sound dum or silly, but i was like depressed for a day or two when i found out that finnick dies i didn't even read the book while i was depressed but i finished it twice!!!

That of the English language

F 25x33
Mary I agree, but consider this. Perhaps this was written by a little girl who is just reaching out to others who may have loved a book as much as she did. ...more
Oct 26, 2012 07:17AM

I say Prim and Finnick too.

I mean Finnick just got MARRIED!

Katniss LOVES Prim!

It's just not fair :(

Well, Finnick's death was pointless. He didn't need to die, so, really, I was just pissed about it. Gale should have died Finnick's pointless death instead. It was just gore really. It wasn't really depressing.

Now, Prim, for me, was extrememly touching, because at the time that i was reading mockingjay, my sister had just turned 13, and i was Katniss's age, and it was just dreadful, because all I could think of was my own sister blowing up to bits as I watched. So, i had quite an attachment to prim. Still do. Probably always will.

actually I think Finnick's death was for me the saddiest one!!!!
Annie was so weak...
I couldn't realize it...

Coin's death. I just can't believe she's gone! And Snow too! It's not fair.

Ellen Woolf I think she's being sarcastic, or pointing out that they're really the only interesting characters in the whole trilogy.
Oct 26, 2012 07:55AM

Cerrwida (last edited Oct 14, 2012 08:39AM ) Oct 12, 2012 06:32AM   0 votes
Prim and Finnick i felt sooo bad i mean he had just gotten married after all

Finnick and Prim. I cried myself dry in those last few chapters of the book.

prim and finnik

Finnick's death was the most annoying. In fact, Katniss' entire raid on the capital was annoying. I'm okay with a story killing characters I like, but not like this. I don't remember why the group was even in the capital, except that Katniss wanted to kill Snow. However, it seemed like Snow and the capital posed very little threat to the rebels at this point. The war was already won as far as I could tell. Sure, it wouldn't be terribly exciting if Katniss and Finnick and Gale just hung back until the rebels secured the capital, but that's really all they needed to do. The rebels didn't really need her anymore once the war had already started. Her part was done. She was only important because Collins said she was important. The whole thing was really contrived and not necessary at all. Finnick and the others died because Collins didn't know to make the rebels' assured victory suspenseful or exciting. In Lord of the Rings, Frodo HAS to sneak into Mt. Doom, because the main army won't be able to defeaut Sauron's forces unless the ring is destroyed. In Mockingjay, Katniss is not Frodo, Snow is not Sauron, there's no ring to destroy. The army would have fine without Katniss leading her stupid suicide mission.

When she died.

Finnik's death... because I still believe it was pointless

I was SOOOOO sad when Prim died:'( I wanted to cry. I mean, how could this happen? Suzanna Collins has got aa sick mind!!!!!!!!! (But it is brilliant)

Prim's death was really sad but Finnick's affected me more.

Finnick's death was so sad i cryed for two days!!!
Prim's death it was so sad but it happened so fast i had to re-read the page a couple times to get in my head to understand what had happened. It was like one minute she is there and the next she is gone.(I didn't even cry it was so fast)

FINNICK AND PRIM!!!!!!! PRESIDENT SNOW IS SO CRUEL!!!!!!!!!

also CINNA!!!!!!!!!
and finnick

Prim's death was definitely the saddest.

Cinna

Prim dying made me cry...

was there any reason for finnick to die?abit pointless really.

Briana (last edited Oct 18, 2012 07:50AM ) Oct 14, 2012 11:22AM   0 votes
The psychological death of Peeta when he is hijacked, he never really does get his memories back. He just created new ones. So for me the real Peeta never coming back is worse than if he had died. Finnick's death was so unnecessary and un-mourned (poor guy). And by the time Prim's death came around I was so shell-shocked by everyone's else's gory deaths I was too emotionally drained to care.

Prim and Finnick for sure :( I got this book for my last birthday, finished it that day and just spent the entire evening crying and drowning in despair. THANKS FOR A SUPER BIRTHDAY PRESENT SUZANNE COLLINS.

deleted member Oct 14, 2012 03:41AM   0 votes
Finnick and Cinna... i didnt like prim that much but her death was still sad :(

prim and finnick ;( i cried

Prim...and even though this was sad, I felt like Katniss wasn't even that sad!(When you compare to when Rue died.) Also it happened too fast. It was like she was running, she sees Prim, turn the page...WOAH WAIT! go back...Prim died? I didn't even cry! I really wanted to but it happened too fast. I sat for maybe ten minutes and read the passage twice just to get myself to cry..didnt work but still way sad.

Laura (last edited Oct 14, 2012 02:18AM ) Oct 13, 2012 11:31PM   0 votes
βιβλιοφάγος (a.k.a. Cat) wrote; "Prim's death also seemed so unnecessary. Everything Katniss does is technically for Prim, and "Oh, hi Katniss. Everything you ever did was for nothing because Prim just got blown up." EXACTLY. This is one of the most important points of the series, if not the main point. Suzanne Collins deliberately and intentionally did this. It all started because Katniss volunteers to save Prim but then Prim ends up dying anyway, implying that it was all for nothing. But really it wasn't all for nothing. Not for the districts anyway. Katniss has changed everything for the people but can never again be whole as she is scarred by what she has gone through in helping free Panem of the evil government. She is left a broken, hollow shell of a human.

Finnick's. Prim's was a sad one, but it so to speak fit within the whole story, as a last blow of fate to Katniss. Finnick's death, on the other hand, just felt to me like the author had to kill one more character, and he was there at the wrong place at the wrong moment. I mean, he deserved at least a more flamboyant/described death, didn't he?

Gloria (last edited Oct 25, 2012 07:18PM ) Oct 25, 2012 07:16PM   0 votes
I was so sad when Finnick died, I was like, "NO!!!! DON'T LEAVE ANNIE!!! FINNICK!!!" *collapses sobbing* I was pretty sad when Cato died in the first book too, I really loved him...(more like I love Alexander Ludwig, but...)I was also really sad when Prim died, because she was Katniss's main focus, throughout the books Katniss's goal was always to protect Prim. Hunger Games was Really good, Catching Fire was okay, Then Mockingjay was DEPRESSING!!!

Brave Finnick lovely fella and what a horrible way to go :-(

Finnick's death was so sad, i cried even more at it than anything else :(

I think it hurts most to read your grammar and spelling. "Which death were you most sad/saddest about?"

Prim. Of course.

i thought mostly all of their deaths were sad because rue was really young and her in the hunger games was just sad and unfair. prim was loved and like ya'll said her and finnicks deaths were soooo sad and unexpected you could even say a little pointless and cinna i loved him but i didnt care about coin or snow.

deleted member Oct 10, 2012 01:46PM   0 votes
Prim and Finnick. No question about it. Finnick doesn't even get a cool monologue! He just gets half a paragraph and then BAM! He's dead.

And also, Prim's death also seemed so unnecessary. Everything Katniss does is technically for Prim, and "Oh, hi Katniss. Everything you ever did was for nothing because Prim just got blown up."

Laura (last edited Oct 13, 2012 11:32PM ) Oct 13, 2012 11:22PM   0 votes
Rue's was the saddest for me in the whole series. But in Mockingjay it was Finnick. I couldn't believe he had died, I didn't want to believe it. I kept expecting someone to rescue him from the mutts but then Katniss closed the door and i was like; oh my gosh, he is actually dead, like he's not coming back. My sister thought that was pretty funny but i was just completely grief stricken. I couldn't comprehend it.

I was most upset at prim's death

Prim, Rue, and Finnick... :'( They just had to die didn't they???

PRIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cried so hard!

Finnick's death was specialy sad if you have in mind that he was just married and he was about to be a father. It was also very sad because of Annie's mental health depended on him. Prim's death was shocking but she was ment to die since the beginning.

I think it hurt more when prim dies, :(

I found three deaths the most painful.
Rue's, Finnick's and Prim's. Rue's death really disturbed and upset me, Finnick's death was really unbearable and Prim's death was heartbreaking, especially considering the way she died, right in front of Katniss.

I know everyone will hate me for saying this but, i wasn't really saddened by Prim's death. Only because it was really sudden and so i didn't have time to cry or anything. Please don't send me death threats...

I think how it was written Prim's death was more shocking and unexpected. However it was a lot sadder when Finnick died.

Finnick

Finnick and Prim's death. Noooooo! Come back to life!

i would say Prim, Finnick and Rue

Prim's death was the saddest for me

Finnick, Prim, and Cinna

Prim I think, I mean she's the reason that Katniss got into the hunger games in the first place. And I know I would be pretty much unable to live if my little sister died, especially if she was right in front of me.

Finnick