Author's Corner discussion

Young Adult > Young Adult

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Karr (Karr) | 69 comments Mod
For youth works.

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Wittmack | 1 comments Hello Fellow Writers! If you have a penchant for Young Adult Paranormal/Fantasy and like witches... my debut novel, Eliza's Shadow, has your number. Check it out!
Eliza's Shadow

Eliza Gowan’s past has come back to hunt her. Since her mother’s mysterious disappearance, Eliza has enjoyed a quiet life under the care of her aunt in the sleepy town of Port Rune. But the moment magnetic Ren Alden appears in her high school classroom, Eliza is thrust into the exciting world of magic and the path of danger. Menaced by an otherworldly enemy, Eliza embarks on a quest to solve the mysteries of her past and end the hunt for good.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

HI YA indie writers. My name is Evelyn Ink and Ill-fated is my first YA Fantasy novel. Any of you bloggers as well? Free Kindle ed. for a review (serious book bloggers only, must post on goodreads and amazon) Check it out: Ill-Fated

message 4: by Anthea (last edited Dec 25, 2012 06:21AM) (new)

Anthea Carson (AntheaJane) | 2 comments Hello writers,

I have a YA romantic suspense Call me Jane If you'd like to review it, PM me for a gift copy.

Jane isn't the type to steal her best friend's boyfriend but there's just something about Paul.

"Judy Blume meets Catcher in the Rye in this edgy tale of adolescence."

message 5: by John (new)

John Raptor (JohnRaptor) | 1 comments An exploration of the dark underbelly of high school. UNCENSORED, UNCUT.

Hell High: a small Midwestern high school. Here, teenagers lose their innocence in a cesspool of recreational and psychiatric drugs, meaningless sex, pseudo-macho ideals, and incessant verbal, psychical, and sexual torture. After a cruel prank causes a girl to commit suicide, the school must face their inner darkness. At the junior prom, none of them may survive when a gun-wielding maniac opens fire on the festivities.

"Raw, real, shocking. Three things that more books need. Very reminiscent of Jim Carroll's The Basketball Diaries - if only a publisher today would be brave enough to mass publish this. Thanks for bringing to the front what is at the back in the deepest pits of the mind." -- Karl Vadaszffy, UK author of FULL OF SIN

"Hell the town's called, and a hellish picture Lindensmith paints of its high school. It's not long since this young author was himself incarcerated in one of these Halls of Learning, and grim places they must be, if they at all resemble his fictional, small-town school, where all the cruelty and confusion of youth comes together in a satanic dance that culminates in nihilistic slaughter.

The outer hell of high school is mirrored by the fiery pits of anger and emptiness within each of Lindensmith's characters. Shallow, pointless sex, often between people who loath each other, the confusion of recreational drugs and quick-fix psychiatric medication, the jealousies of possession and lust, the rigidity of pseudo-macho ideals. Sometimes love is found in this cesspit, and then as swiftly lost, to be replaced by unceasing sorrow.

Incessant bullying stokes these inner fires, and is usually performed by characters who writhe with self-doubt, themselves the victims of bullying or humiliation, while a mocking, ignorant teaching establishment ignores the rising hatred and terror. Nor is this climate of grief relieved by the 'Christians' also boiling in this stew; hypocrites, who drone out trite formulas lacking the force of any kind of depth, values, understanding or commitment.

All the foulness that can happen populates the pages of Lindensmith's Hell, a hideous compression of small town evil, and Lindensmith's writing deals in no half measures. But how much does the novel reflect real life, and how realistically describe the hell that would exist if our worst desires were always made true?

Exaggerated? Unlikely? So you or I might say. But the realities of such massacres as Columbine High School say otherwise, with a far louder and far clearer voice.

As an avid reader and writer, I'v followed the progress of this emerging writer since his publication of Mystery Man and was eager to read and review this new novel, which I now have. And I tell you in all seriousness, I now need to go find a peaceful, dark place, and lie down for a while."

--- Graham Worthington, author of Wake of the Raven and Zorn

http://www.amazon.com/HELL-ebook/dp/B...

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

"Xoe Rose Smith is a high school student whose life becomes much more complicated than she ever intended. With the help of her friends, she embarks on a journey to help get some questions answered. However, they get more than they bargained for when the lives of everyone in Xoe's home town become jeopardized. Can Xoe and her friends figure out how to save everyone before it's too late? More importantly, can Xoe get to the bottom of her troubles before they destroy her?"

Absorb

Available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Absorb-Melissa-...