Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

Which faction would you choose?

Comments (showing 1-38 of 38) (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sienna (new) - added it

Sienna I would choose either Dauntless or Abnegation

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 09, 2012 03:53PM) (new)

Dauntless. Definitely. I'm not always honest (far from it), so Candor's out. I'm not entirely selfless and kind, and I do like to enjoy myself, so I wouldn't want to choose Abnegation. Amity...to be honest (haha) I'm not all that nice or friendly even, just reasonably so. Erudite? Not to show off, but I'm really smart. So maybe Erudite, but I wouldn't pick to go there. Dauntless? I'm brave (I think.) I face my fears. If I'm afraid of something, I'll do it. I like challenges, risks, action. I am competitive. I'd love to be a part of Dauntless. That would definitely be my choice. But which am I most like? I think I'd be Divergent between Dauntless, Erudite, and possibly Abnegation. I think most people would be Divergent...people aren't so clearly defined that they can be sorted into strictly uniform groups. Every person has a mixed personality, both good and bad.

message 3: by Avani (last edited Oct 09, 2012 04:22PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Avani Erudite. I have a thirst for knowledge and learning.

If not, I would Diverge (is that the correct verb?) between Erudite and Candor.

If not that either, I would get Candor. :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Amity :D but every time I take online quizzes I'm divergent ;)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, the online quizzes always put me as Divergent, between Erudite and Dauntless, and sometimes also Abnegation.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I dont think i would ever be abnegation :( im too much of a bitch sometimes

Katie Carroll As much as I don't want to sound pretentious, I've gotta say Erudite.

message 8: by Sienna (new) - added it

Sienna Katie wrote: "As much as I don't want to sound pretentious, I've gotta say Erudite."

Well, you just love learning! Me, on the other hand...it depends on what I'm learning.

Tina J Amity.

I'm too selfish for Abnegation.
Not brave enough for Dauntless.
I think lies are sometimes necessary, so Candor's out.
And I'm not that smart enough for Edudite.

And honestly, I think Amity seems to the most appealing out of the factions.
I'm not much of a tree hugger.....but I definitely agree with peace! lol

Ciara Divergent between Erudite and Dauntless

Cassie I don't known I'm kinda torn between dauntless, erudite, candor, and aberration.

message 12: by Sienna (new) - added it

Sienna Shadowgirl wrote: "I don't known I'm kinda torn between dauntless, erudite, candor, and aberration."

I could be Candor. But the clothes they were are SO lame;also true with Abnegation.

message 13: by Mili (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mili Dauntless. I love all the action and stunts. Plus I'm an adrenaline junkie. I'm not all that honest, so Candor out. I'm not selfless (Abnegation), or kind and happy all the time (Amity), I'm not the brightest student out there (Erudite).... SO Dauntless is for me.

Katelyn Wolfe Erudite. Not to brag or anything but I'm smart. I don't like things like rollercoasters so I could never be dauntless. Not abnegation. I can be mean. Candor? Nuh uh. I have way too many secrets I will never tell. And Amity is also out. No offence and all but they sound like hippies.

Jacinta I'd be torn between Amity and Dauntless, however sometimes also Abnegation. I am not incredibly brave or anything, but I think Dauntless would be a great challenge. I'd be Divergent, I guess. I think a lot of us would be Divergent.

Maydelene Divergent. Erudite and Dauntless. as well :]

message 17: by Shae (last edited Oct 27, 2012 07:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shae Abnegation or Amity for me ^^
Amity: Who doesn't like peace?
Abnegation: While some parts of this are unappealing, I'm a nice person and have difficulty being mean. Abnegation sounds like a very welcoming place, where everyone supports one another.
----------------------
Candor: I'm mostly honest, but constantly having to be honest no matter the circumstances? That's too much.
Erudite: Learning, except in certain subjects, is usually boring for me.
Dauntless: I don't consider myself brave enough, but certain aspects about it sound fun.

Perenelle abnegation.
My favourite 'colour' is gray!
Or maybe Candor.
Though i dont really like Peter :/

Breanna Gunderson I would choose dauntless. Definitely. I really don't like Amity-no offense-because they are so peace loving, it can get really annoying, and drugging them so they can stay happy, that's sick. Not Candor because I lie without thinking sometimes. Maybe abnegation, but I wouldn't help someone out constantly. Not Candor, I love to read but other than that it is boring. SO I am dauntless, I love a thrill, and roller coasters are awesome! Getting and adrenaline rush is fun it makes you feel more...well alive! Also, I would LOVE to go through my fear landscape see what I am really afraid of(: SO yeah DAUNTLESS

message 20: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin where did you take the quiz?

Chante Douglas dauntless

Haley I would be completely torn between amity and erudite. I think I am more like the erudite people - I love knowledge and discussing it - but I would more so enjoy being in the amity group. I would want my friends to be the amity people since they are friendly and have pure motives.

message 23: by Tino (last edited Oct 26, 2012 10:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tino Celino If I would pick a faction, I would be completely divided between two choices - whether it is Erudite or Dauntless that I want to be in. At first thought, I would want to just remain to be an Erudite because of their strong pursuit for knowledge and learning. But looking at it, I already have enough of the Erudite thing in real life! In the book, what I really admire the most are the characters of Four and of course the main protagonist Tris who became Dauntless in their own right. Psychologically speaking, becoming a Dauntless is what I really aspire to be if given the chance to be part of the dystopian world they are in. I find their faction rather challenging, courageous and most importantly radical in the Divergent sense!

Jillian Lee Abnegation

message 25: by Tess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tess erudite

message 26: by Rana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rana Dauntless or Erudite..

Windy Teha Amity!
i'm agree with Tina J! ;)

message 28: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Either Amity or Candor. I'm just a bit of everything really, so I'm probably Divergent.

Veronica amity or candor. I'm both frank and peace loving.

Tiffany I would have chose erudite because im a dork and smart and love to learn but i would definitly, honestly be Divergent and would have done the same thing in tha aptitude test as tris.

message 31: by John (new) - rated it 3 stars

John The Totally Awesome None.

message 32: by John (new) - rated it 3 stars

John The Totally Awesome They're all noobs.

message 33: by Sienna (new) - added it

Sienna John wrote: "They're all noobs."

Why are they all noobs?!

Weiting Ciara wrote: "Divergent between Erudite and Dauntless"

So true for me too, couldn't have said it better.

Weiting Hey, did anyone take the test in the back of the book.
I got Erudite.

message 37: by Em (new) - rated it 4 stars

Em I think Id be happiest in Amity, but I fit none of the factions.

message 38: by Jane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane I took the Faction Quiz and my result is Candor. I think it fits me, because I always say whatever in my mind to the person/people even the words hurt them.