The Seven Kingdoms discussion

Information > ***MUST READ*** RP Rules ***MUST READ***

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (last edited Oct 25, 2012 03:08PM) (new)

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) 1. This is a PG-13 group...so please keep that in mind.

2. Don't take over other people's characters.

3. Pay attention to the story/plot.

4. Don't just jump in unless your character has a valid reason to be there.

5. No taking over the RP (i.e. godmodding.)

6. Only make characters that you're going to use. If that means making only a few...then so be it.

7. LISTEN to the mods!!! They know how they want this thing run and honestly they did start the group.

8. Villains....try to be human...have some weaknesses and don't totally take over the RP. They can be vulnerable.
And heroes...same thing. Can't always win.

9. And finally...have fun!!! And remember...this is ADVANCED RP...so don't just pitter around...this is a story XD

W.I.T (writer in traning) (ShadowLeader) | 4 comments ((oooh, vulnerable villains!!!! this is going to be FUN!))

message 3: by Lucyfir (new)

Lucyfir | 11 comments hmm... Does a character have to have a specific moral allignment?

message 4: by Sage of Souls, General of Bellurn, King of Tamor (new)

Sage of Souls (SageofSouls) | 366 comments Mod
Not necessarily.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) A character can be whatever you choose them to be...on whatever side you think they would choose. :)

message 6: by Lucyfir (new)

Lucyfir | 11 comments Tabi (Sherlockian; My Middle Name Is Eccentric) wrote: "A character can be whatever you choose them to be...on whatever side you think they would choose. :)"

As every character I make in any situation is an extention of some aspects of my own personality, Varg will not be neutral and will not support any political party or any other set moral standpoint other than his own. He hates politics and any body of power that has control or influence over the decisions over any mass of people. I'm sure this is acceptable because it is simply who he is.

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) That's fine! A character is a character....but please don't have too many like that, because otherwise that would be boring and honestly unrealistic.

message 8: by Sage of Souls, General of Bellurn, King of Tamor (new)

Considering there's been a problem already (and I'm not going to point out who or where, as it's not important), I'm going to post my own set of rules that I (and a lot of my friends) use in the groups that I own or am a moderator in. However, keep in mind that the Head Moderator's rules come first and the Head Moderator is allowed to overrule my rules. However, until such a notion is made, these rules are set in place and must be obeyed just as the Head Moderator's rules must be. (And no, they're not massive changes, just some extra things to clarify and specify what can and cannot be done or what should and should not be done--I'm not adding in rules to make me or any of my characters completely in power or untouchable or whatever.)

message 9: by Sage of Souls, General of Bellurn, King of Tamor (new)

GENERAL RULES
1: When you are talking out of RP text, use "(( ))" to indicate such
2: When you are talking with only one character in the same area, you should not skip any lines; if you are talking with more than on character area, then you must separate them by skipping a line after the action and text of the first character, then starting the same thing for the next character [Note: this only applies if both characters are interacting with the same character(s); if they are in the same topic, but different areas of the topic, they must be posted in different comments.]
3: Any speech MUST be indicated with quotation marks

GLOBAL RULES
1: You cannot skip between different RP storylines
2: You cannot skip between different time frames
3: You cannot declare your character(s) to know someone without permission from the other person(s)
4: You cannot declare your character(s) to share history or a background with another character(s) without permission from the other person(s)
5. You cannot abandon a person(s) or refuse them their turn when progressing in a session or exiting an area or session (ie: progressing through and/or finishing a long conversation between characters that the other person(s)'s character(s)'s involved in without giving them a chance to respond)

ENTRY RULES
1: You cannot make another person(s) notice something; you have to let them notice it themselves
2: You cannot appear in-between or near other characters unless approved by the other person(s) and allowed to do so (usually for battles or something)
3: You cannot be dramatic, it MUST be a subtle entry (ie: no big flashes into the area, bothering other characters; no screaming; no making other objects fly around when you entry, bothering other characters, etc.) [Note: exceptions are allowed if approved by the other person(s) if you are in a battle or something, but it must still be kept in moderation.]
4: You cannot move or come into contact with another character(s) when you enter

SOCIAL RULES
1: You cannot control the conversation or be the center of attention
2: You cannot interrupt someone else's conversations (unless permitted by the other person(s))
3: You cannot make person say something, nor may you tell them to say something outside of RP chat (your character may tell them to say something in RP chat, but they are allowed to refuse)
4: You cannot relate to someone else's background or history without the consent of the other person(s)

BATTLE RULES
1: No godmodding (ie: being invincible, overpowered, etc.)
2: No controlling other people
3: You CANNOT kill another person(s)'s character without their permission
4: You MUST allow the other person to CHOOSE to accept or avoid an attack [Note: there are some exceptions to this rule once you are familiar with the rules and the feel of RP battles, but you must still keep it in moderation; it cannot be a big attack (ie: cutting someone's head off, stabbing their heart or lungs, etc.) and you must allow the other person(s) to do the same.]
5: You CANNOT say where a character(s) got hit, nor how they took damage (ie: you cannot say that their armor came off, they became crippled, they lost a limb, etc.) [Note: again, there are exceptions to this rule, as well; following the same exceptions as rules #4 and #6]
6: You may ONLY make ONE attack at a time, still following rule #4 [Note: again, there are exceptions to this rule once you are familiar with the rules and the feel of RP battles, but you must still keep it in moderation; you cannot go into a frenzy (usually a chain of attacks that number in a count greater than 5) and you must allow the other person(s) to do the same.]
7: You may not make any moves without giving the other person(s) a chance to do something (this includes running away, taking a person's weapon away from them, killing a pet, companion, or mount (horse, camel, etc.), etc., and it must be approved by the person(s))
8: You MUST take damage at some point

♠️ TABI = 타비 ♠️ (Tabi_Card) Thanks for doing that Sage XD It pretty much clarifies what the original rules kinda briefly outline.

message 11: by Sage of Souls, General of Bellurn, King of Tamor (new)

No problem.