Basically Books! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Former Group Read Suggestions > December Suggestions - Any Kind of Book (Indie)

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell (tjchocolate) | 1628 comments Mod
This month we are doing something different, there is not a certain theme this month so you can suggest any books that has not been the group read before.

We are looking for any kind of books written by Indie Authors.

Over to you!

message 2: by Michael Cargill (last edited Oct 12, 2012 02:00PM) (new)

Michael Cargill Cargill (MichaelCargill) | 71 comments The only indie author I've read is Frances Lewis. The story is about a young gypsy boy who gets kidnapped, and taken away from his family.

The Dukkering Boy.

The Dukkering Boy by Frances Lewis

message 3: by Victoria (last edited Oct 12, 2012 04:37PM) (new)

Victoria Zigler (Toriz) | 558 comments Are we allowed to suggest our own books? If so, can I suggest mine? 3 of them are short stories, but "Mr. Pumpkin-Head And Other Poems" and "My Friends Of Fur And Feather" are poetry books, and "Witchlet" is a short novel/chapter book (Fairytale/YA Fantasy). All my books are available via Smashwords, so all formats are available.

message 4: by Alan (last edited Oct 17, 2012 04:32PM) (new)

Alan Hardy | 1 comments How about my novel 'Gabriella'? It's a comic, tongue-in-cheek bawdy piece. It's on Amazon, etc., and I've got it on PDF, etc. By the way, hi to everyone.

Alan
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

message 5: by Jay (new)

Jay Howard (jay_howard) | 27 comments Hi everyone, if you're wanting a Christmas / New Year setting then you might like to consider my second novel.

New Beginnings

It's on Smashwords so any format you care to choose is available.

message 6: by S.W. (new)

S.W. (swlothian) Hi, if you are after an action packed middle grade time travel adventure I recommend my book. Maybe it's time to read a genre that you may not normally consider.

The Golden Scarab

message 7: by C.M. (last edited Oct 12, 2012 11:11PM) (new)

C.M. Gray (CMGray) | 17 comments Please consider my book Shadowland. It has 29 reviews on Amazon 4.3 average and 33 reviews here on Googreads with 4.1 average...
Have a look..
Shadowland by C.M. Gray

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess Mountifield | 32 comments I've got a few suggestions I can make of Indie books. Read Imperfect Weapon a while back and thought it was really good, also Millennium's Children: Sanctuary. On top of that, if allowed, I'd like to recommend my latest novel Chains of Freedom

message 9: by Willow (new)

Willow Rose | 1 comments Could I suggest my book Savage (Daughters of the Jaguar#1)?

Savage Savage (Daughters of the Jaguar, #1) by Willow Rose

message 10: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Kollenborn (Kollenborn) | 1 comments I've enjoyed 'The Death of Carthage' by Robin Levin which is about a boy during the Roman Empire who learns what it really means to be a Roman. It's written in first person, a great-fast read, and although it's historical fiction, it has a contemporary feel with tone and language. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleyc29) | 32 comments I would like to suggest:

Hollowland by Amanda Hocking

message 12: by Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥) , The Great & Mighty Mod! :P (new)

Tara-Jayne (♥ I Read, I Love ♥)  Bell (tjchocolate) | 1628 comments Mod
The suggestions are now closed. Polls will be up shortly :).

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.