The Next Best Book Club discussion

Other Novels To Discuss > Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult *SPOILERS*

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan P (new)

Morgan P | 172 comments I loved this. I just read it for a school project and I choose it because I read My Sister's Keeper. I couldn't believe that her mom knew the whole time!

Who else loved Plain Truth?

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments Plain Truth was my first novel by Jodi Picoult and I LOVED it. I saw the Lifetime movie before I read the book so I knew what was coming but Ellie's pregnancy was not in the movie so that definetely threw me for a loop!

message 3: by Morgan P (new)

Morgan P | 172 comments I want to see the movie so much! But is hasn't been on recently.

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1934 comments I too loved this book! I have read all of her books, with the exception of her newest one coming out!

message 5: by Morgan P (new)

Morgan P | 172 comments I just read this book, but I guess I didn't understand the ending like I thought I did. Did Katie's mom kill the baby, or did she just hide it because she was going to come back, but it died on its own?

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments It's been about four years since I have read Plain Truth but I think Katie's mom killed the baby. Even though it was a sin she would rather have done that than destroy her family.

message 7: by Maria (new)

Maria (minks05) | 481 comments this was either the first or 2nd jodi picoult book i read (it was this or salem falls, i don't remember). either way, it's been at least 10 years, so i'm thinking of picking it up to re-read it. i have really liked all of the books i've read of hers, some much more than others, but they've never been disappointing reads.

thanks for making me remember this one!