Goodreads Feedback discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Suggestions & Questions > Standalone books & prequels

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (Lee723) | 7 comments I wasn't really sure what the rules are on this or how to go about fixing this issue, but an author on twitter had a question and I may as well post it here:

Question from Elizabeth Fama:
Question for GR librarians: is it correct for my standalone to say "MB #1" just because there's a companion Tor short story (Book 0.5) or does it incorrectly imply there will be a MONSTROUS BEAUTY series?

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 1928 comments In the case of series numbering, current policy is to stick to the author's preferred numbering where known and where compatible with the fields available on GR. In a case like this, I'd suggest having the novel unnumbered and having the short story 'numbered' with the text "short story". That way they are linked as companion works. Additionally (or alternatively, if you happen to like the #1/#0.5 numbering), there is a description field for series which could say something like "Monstrous Beauty is a standalone novel with a companion short story."

Of course, how readers will interpret this is something only readers can answer.... :)

Series can't be edited by authors; if there's a change you'd like, just start a thread in the librarians group to get the series edited by a librarian.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (Lee723) | 7 comments Thanks Cait!

I can edit it but I didn't want to go ahead and do it w/o get some sort of feedback before I did so.

message 4: by Experiment BL626 (last edited Oct 09, 2012 02:13PM) (new)

Experiment BL626 | 423 comments I added the companion story and the novel as a series again. Please do not delete it. GR series are not always "official" series. It just mean the books took place in the same universe. Look at Tolkien's "series": http://www.goodreads.com/series/list?...

Moreover, this type of question belongs to the Goodreads Librarian group not the Feedback group. Thanks.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.