Du Gata Vrangr discussion

Characters > Saphira

Comments (showing 1-29 of 29) (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isabella (new)

Isabella | 154 comments When I think 'dragon,' I think Saphira--or Draco, in the Dragonheart movie.

Yes, she's awesome (and I wish I liked Eragon half as much).

message 2: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments I think the idea of her fascinates me, but she falls short in my opinion to becoming her own character; separate from Eragon. I can almost accept the angle that they are suppose to be so close as to be one person. (gosh I wish I had that with someone, don't you?!)

message 3: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments *joins in the pity fest*

message 4: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments Anyone else?...

I am starting to think that the three of us are the only supporting cast here!

message 5: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments Hey, no need to thank me. I love it! Thank you for talking to me!
Anyway, I am sure us three keep you plenty busy anyway. Hahaha!

message 6: by Isabella (new)

Isabella | 154 comments Yeah, this group rules! I get to talk about dragons and Inheritance all day!

message 7: by Nic (new)

Nic | 2 comments Haha, Hmmm Saphira... well let's face it, she's like quite complex as a character. But I beleive that she kind of was one of those characters who are left in the shadows a bit. I mean everyone gives credit to Eragon and whatnot but most of the times he's his typicall farm boy attitude and mindset and Saphira needs to put him back on the right track. She gets much less credit then she actually deserves.

I also wish I was a dragon at times. Although Saphira is extremely self-disciplined. I mean she kept all of Brom's secrets for so long, that's amazing I'd blurt them out in a 1/2 second :)

On a side note, did you guys think that the way Eragon Dealt with Galby was a great ending or you would of liked to have seen a badass 70 pages of fighting and struggling with some great pump up music in the back. Would of been sick! Like they end up outside of the castle walls and are fighting in the middle with soldiers all around them fighting aswell. Anyways enough rambling! *closes mouth*

message 8: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments Alexis wrote: "*Stares in dumbfounded wonder* What? People like my group? Reeeaaalllly?

*dances happily*

Thank you guys, you're awesome! XOXOXO"

Of course we like it!!!!!!!

message 9: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments Nic wrote: "Haha, Hmmm Saphira... well let's face it, she's like quite complex as a character. But I beleive that she kind of was one of those characters who are left in the shadows a bit. I mean everyone give..."

I think we would all like to be dragons, you are not alone there. I dream about it often.
You are right though, Saphira doesn't get enough credit!

message 10: by Isabella (new)

Isabella | 154 comments I agree! Saphira deserves more recognition, and I'd love to be a dragon! Only, that would make it hard to read books... hmm. Well, it would still be awesome, I think!

message 11: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments Alexis wrote: "Nic wrote: "Haha, Hmmm Saphira... well let's face it, she's like quite complex as a character. But I beleive that she kind of was one of those characters who are left in the shadows a bit. I mean e..."

Anticlimatic ending, huh? I was hoping for a epic battle too. Not that would be easily written though.
Exactly, that is the perfect scene to show that Saphira takes care of Eragons butt.
And wait, don't tell me "the name!" I have some guesses like you did that are probably just as crazy.

message 12: by Nic (new)

Nic | 2 comments Also, Paolini has been my favorie author to write battle scenes. The ending would have been perfect with his craftsmanship! Although I kind of understand. Glabatorix could basicly flick his finger and boom Eragon's arm flys off! In my oppinion maybe Paolini made him a bit too omniopotenced?!

message 13: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments Nic wrote: "Also, Paolini has been my favorie author to write battle scenes. The ending would have been perfect with his craftsmanship! Although I kind of understand. Glabatorix could basicly flick his finger ..."

Seems like it. *nods head in agreement*

message 14: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments Alexis wrote: "Nic wrote: "Also, Paolini has been my favorie author to write battle scenes. The ending would have been perfect with his craftsmanship! Although I kind of understand. Glabatorix could basicly flick..."

It happens a lot.

message 15: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments So, does anyone else think that Saphira is single-minded?

message 16: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments True. That is why I like her too!
I just didn't like how she was so tightly bond to Eragon that it eliminated all other character development.

message 17: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments I know, I am not saying I like them because I of you, I do like them. I just have a couple of things that bug me about them, which is normal.

message 18: by Isabella (last edited Oct 16, 2012 03:18AM) (new)

Isabella | 154 comments A lot of things bug me about Inheritance--to many to count, really--and yet it's still one of my favorite series. Great authors can do that, I guess. We can all agree that he's a great author, yes?

message 19: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments Which make total sense to me! Seriously! Even with all the problems you have to love it!

message 20: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 6 comments I love Saphira! I love all her attitude. But my absolute favourtie part is how much she loves Eragon and how much she loves hims!!!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Saphira is my favorite character from The Inheritance Cycle. She's intelligent, to the point, determined, stubborn, a bit vain, and protective. She's a giant sapphire blue dragon more beautiful than jewels who breathes fire and destroys bad guys. What, may I ask, is not to like? She was brutually honest in her thoughts and she always made perfect sense to me.
I wanted to be bonded to her so badly throughout the series. She's amazing!

message 22: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments I think we like the idea of her; wise, kind, ferocious, prideful, and beautiful. I mean, she is a dragon for Pete's sake (haha! I made a joke) and what person wouldn't want a dragon as bond mate. I mean friggin awesome!!! But as a character I think she was pretty one dimensional. I really wanted to see from her eyes more. She was the whole driving force for me, but I was let down. All she was is a "pet" to Eragon. (OMG! He did not just say that!) Yes, I did. Now before you get upset, listen. I know she is sapient and she has her own personality, right. But she never acted on any of those motivations, at least not without Eragon. She never made any changes in her world. Does that make sense? Maybe I am viewing it wrong and it is more that Eragon and her are joined at the hip and mind. And I should be saying "Aaawwww!" I do say that, I get goose bumps thinking about the possibilities of a bond like that. But I really think this stunted her character growth though. I just wanted to see more of view point, her opinion, her actions, her feelings is all.
That is not to say that anyone shouldn't love her, I do! I guess I am just wondering if anyone else felt like me, a little cheated as far as what you were expecting with her as a character?

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I can see how you would see it that way; don't worry, I don't hate you for it :)
Yes, she didn't do anything notable without Eragon, but Eragon would not have been able to do anything notable without Saphira. I think one of the biggest parts of the whole dragon-bonding thing is that you don't consider yourself as an individual anymore. You are fused with the dragon for life and you do the same things and make the same choices because your bond is so deep that you think so alike its eerie how close you are.
She managed to stay different from Eragon while still fused so tightly in this bond with him. Personally, I didn't feel cheated at all, but each to their own, I suppose. :)

message 24: by Cole (last edited Mar 03, 2013 09:58PM) (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments True, I agree with what you are saying and I understand the concept that they are so bonded that they are one. Believe it or not that sounds dreamy to me, but I guess were I am stuck is every once in a while I wanted her to maybe be in the lead of Eragon a bit. Does that make sense?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, it makes perfect sense, and I do admit that sometimes I wish Saphira would take charge of things.

message 26: by Cole (last edited Mar 06, 2013 03:48PM) (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments Okay, as long as we can understand eachother...!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup.

message 28: by Cole (new)

Cole (Spectyr333) | 458 comments :)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Saphira is awesome. She can be stubborn at times but other than that she's awesome.