urdu lovers discussion

suggest one writer and reason about why u liked him/her........................

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by zain, host (new)

zain ul aabdin (sikka-band) | 7 comments Mod
i personally liked bano qudsia for "raja gidh"........for guiding me the hazards of "illicit" ..........it really told me to listen to Allah's rules if i want to be blessed......

message 2: by Hafsah (new)

Hafsah (HafsahJahangirAwan) | 5 comments asjfaq ahmed,umera ahmed
reason is there novel are informative and true aswell

message 3: by Hafsah (new)

Hafsah (HafsahJahangirAwan) | 5 comments ya i love her
i mean bano qudsia...n raja gidh is a awsome novel.

message 4: by zain, host (new)

zain ul aabdin (sikka-band) | 7 comments Mod
suggestion was to put one writer name
anywayz thanx for ur kind thoughts

message 5: by Hafsah (new)

Hafsah (HafsahJahangirAwan) | 5 comments oh i am sry fa thet i dnt no that:)

message 6: by Shumaila (new)

Shumaila | 3 comments just one writer..difficult...but lets try:) hmmm i like Mukhtar Masood the most.. un ke tehrerun mai jumly boht mukhtasar mger jmay hoty hain, full of wisdom and thought provoking.. aik aik jumly sy sochny ko boht sa mahwad mil jata hai. es k ilawa wo un chand writers mai sy hain jin ki naser mai bhi shahyri ka lutf ata hai.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Well,mene zada writers nai parhay urdu k but the one i like the most is Baba sahib(Ashfaq Ahmed)for his Manchallay ka soda,Ik mohabbat so afsaany.The spirituality i feel after reading him,i wish it can accompany me for the rest of my life<3

message 8: by Sumaiya (new)

Sumaiya Syed (SumaiyaSyed) | 1 comments I like Nasim Hijazi the best!

message 9: by Preeshay (last edited Sep 08, 2014 03:43AM) (new)

Preeshay (goodreadscompreeshay_pari) | 1 comments emmm well the list is long n to say one out ov all.... tough deal....
ok so i think i ll place "talqeen shah means Ashfaq Ahmed" on the top but i m not in much compliance wd his Afsanay.. donno why but.. well hez so true to life in his words n wd such a logical simplicity...i love his every word fr it but as far as his afsanas r concernd i m not in his tempo much...sorry...:(
so to change the top list i place "Umera Ahmed" at the top bcz of her genuin relationing b/w life n love:love n religion: religion n life ... but at timz she hs smthing more than real in her novels which is a bit hard to engulf smtimz...
so the change in the list brings "Nimra Ahmed" at the top bcz ov her so much linkd n true to life relation b/w man n religion... i love her bcz she makes it so much so easier to carry ur religious values in day to day common life...

oopss i think i messed up 3 in one place... can i place them all three in one mod see thay hv the same surname "Ahmed" also...;)

message 10: by Fatima (new)

Fatima tu Zahra (Fukayna_Fatima) | 1 comments mumtaz mufti, may be! I love the way he makes complicated things easy.

message 11: by Jawad (new)

Jawad Khan | 2 comments mushtaq ahmad yousufi, the top satirist and humorist of urdu literature. I like the way he write simple things in a complex and classical fashion.

message 12: by Jawad (new)

Jawad Khan | 2 comments Hafsah wrote: "asjfaq ahmed,umera ahmed
reason is there novel are informative and true aswell"

well, novels are not meant to be true. And if I dare to ask, which novel of umera ahmad you think is informative and true?

message 13: by Salman (new)

Salman Tariq (salmanahmedtariq) | 5 comments zain wrote: "i personally liked bano qudsia for "raja gidh"........for guiding me the hazards of "illicit" ..........it really told me to listen to Allah's rules if i want to be blessed......"
I like Bano Qudsia , because of her unique style especially portrayed in the "Hasil Ghat". It was the best of her.About "Raja Gidh " I sometimes wonder why these people leave unanswerable questions in the novels

message 14: by Salman (new)

Salman Tariq (salmanahmedtariq) | 5 comments Preeshay wrote: "emmm well the list is long n to say one out ov all.... tough deal....
ok so i think i ll place "talqeen shah means Ashfaq Ahmed" on the top but i m not in much compliance wd his Afsanay.. donno why..."

I dislike "umera ahmed" , unki apni batoun me tazaad nazar ata ha aur wo bhot sataee sa likhti ha, logon un ki batoun se zyda kahni par tawajo dety hain

message 15: by Salman (new)

Salman Tariq (salmanahmedtariq) | 5 comments Preeshay wrote: "emmm well the list is long n to say one out ov all.... tough deal....
ok so i think i ll place "talqeen shah means Ashfaq Ahmed" on the top but i m not in much compliance wd his Afsanay.. donno why..."

I dislike "umera ahmed" , unki apni batoun me tazaad nazar ata ha aur wo bhot sataee sa likhti ha, logon un ki batoun se zyda kahni par tawajo dety hain

message 16: by Salman (new)

Salman Tariq (salmanahmedtariq) | 5 comments I recommend to all the group members to read manto, un mein ek he waqat me apko momin aur kafir nazar ata ha....! he is amazing I am out of words

message 17: by Maryam (new)

Maryam | 2 comments mustansar hussain tarar is my most fav writer. un k safarnamay main novel ka maza hota hy aur wo ek aisi dunia main pohnchatay hain jo kamaal ki khoobsurat hy

message 18: by Rural Soul (new)

Rural Soul | 2 comments In my opinion the writer always influences you if he writes in current age where you are living. You can pick one writer if you have read hundreds of book to compare all writers in your library but in my case i didn't read much to mark a strong selection.
You can be obsessed with whatever you found to read. So selecting a writer isn't easy.
If i will have to pick up a writer then i will select Umaira Ahmad.
Why?
Because she wrote in new era where i can see affects of collision of cultures. I firmly admire her Darbar e Dil and Peer e Kamil because It has stories where i can see uncertainty of my youth.
For example in Main character in Peer e Kamil is shown how his approach had been still taking birth to (though so called) Muslim parents and in Muslim country.
Religion is essential.
Similarly Darbar e dil deals with same dilemma of my youth.
I think remaining work of her is very similar as her remaining books always have an Alpha female in it.
Mairi Zaat Zara e Baynishan is different though.
So Umaira Ahmad is writer of current age.

message 19: by Wajeeh (new)

Wajeeh Ul Hassan (goodreadscomwajeehch47) | 1 comments Mustansar Hussain Tarar.. His travelogues are ones of the best and his novels, also are excellent writings.