You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Book Resources & Recommendations > Free and cheap books

Comments (showing 1-35 of 35) (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jaxnsmom (last edited Oct 08, 2012 12:14PM) (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments Here's a place to let us know about books you'd recommend that are free or on sale. If the deal is for a limited time, please include that info.

message 2: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments This post was from Shirley:

This looks like a great Oct book and free

The Hungering Saga Complete

THREE complete - full length - novels for one GREAT PRICE!

Twisted by black magic and driven by soul crushing loss, Lowin Fenly, a young scribe-turned-knight, struggles to hold onto his humanity as he battles to rescue that which he values most in the world. Along the way he will be forced to make friends of his enemies, and enemies of his friends. He will grow from a boy no one has heard of, into a man destined to leave the land forever changed, but how will he be remembered? Will he be Sir Fenly, Hero of the People, or will he be Lowin the Dread, a monster to terrify children?

The Hungering Saga is a sweeping story that begins in familiar fantasy territory, and quickly twists many of the genre staples back upon themselves. These books contain violence and sexual situations.

normal price over $25 FREE

http://www.amazon.com/The-Hungering-S...

message 3: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29906 comments The link above didn't work. But I found it here.

message 4: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29906 comments Please note that this thread is for members to share deals that they have discovered. The rules of the site apply to this thread. Self promotion of books and blogs are not allowed.

message 5: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8146 comments Thanks Janice. I was wondering if it would copy the whole link since I moved the post here from another topic.

message 6: by Anatoliy (new)

Anatoliy Obraztsov (Obraztsov) Nice topic... but it's not so popular.. I even don't know the reasons of it. A lot of people want to read a good book but don't want to spend a lot of money for it. Eh... so I begin. Recommend to read this book http://www.amazon.com/crossing-drops-.... Even if you don't love this topic, this book is very simple and understandable for almost everybody. And the price is very cheap.

message 7: by Pragya (last edited Nov 14, 2012 10:03AM) (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments I have heard good things about these books and they are up for free

Brightest Kind of Darkness
The Deepest Cut

And I really liked this book, it's up for $3.49. See my Review here - http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

I Will Never Forget: A Daughter's Story of Her Mother's Arduous and Humorous Journey through Dementia

message 8: by AmyK (last edited Nov 14, 2012 02:08PM) (new)

AmyK (Yakyma) | 1014 comments For those of you with a nook, Barnes and Noble has a free e-book every Friday (i've heard rumors that Amazon puts up the same book for Kindle but i've never verified it myself) Some are good, some aren't but it's usually worth taking a quick peek. http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t... On Friday the free book is the top post......there are also some deals there throughout the week too.

message 9: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29906 comments I've noticed that iBooks meets the Kindle Deal of the Day prices. Isn't commercial competiveness grand?

message 10: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (Rusalkii) | 13001 comments I honestly stay away from the topic as nothing in this country seem to be free. Maybe free to US and UK but add on the extra XXX for the Antipode.

However thanks John for the reincarnation of the thread for others who can use such functions.

P.S. Welcome Bobby!

message 11: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments Two very popular books for free.

One I loved, the second I have to still read.

Grab your copy.
[image error]

message 12: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29906 comments Thanks for the information, Pragya.

message 13: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 13066 comments Too bad we all live so far from each other. I have hard copy books that I would give away. One of the guys I work with brought back Oil! by Upton Sinclair Oil! to me. I loaned it to him 8 months ago. I told him he could keep it, but he said he would probably never read it.

message 14: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5750 comments Wow! I'd like to read that one, Cherie. I would like to swap you or at least pay for the postage for you to mail it to me. Send me a PM if you are interested, okay?

My Uncle was a drilling superintendent for the Oklahoma-Texas-Kansas oilfields and many family members worked in the oilfield. So, it holds a lot of interest for me. Plus, it can't be as gruesome as his other book, The Jungle which I was unable to finish.

message 15: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 13066 comments I thought the book had a great story, and although there was some violence, it was not gruesome.

I grew up in Southern California and many of the places and names were familiar to me. When I was little - early 50s, my grandfather loved to drive around in his big Buick sedan with me and his dog Sandy on his day off of work. He would drive up and down the hills, especially a place called Signal Hill, just outside of Long Beach. I can still remember seeing the oil rigs pumping up and down all over the place. I remember the smell. Of oil and dirt and asphalt and salt from the ocean all mixed together, as Sandy and I stood on the seat with our heads hanging out of the window.

message 16: by Pragya (last edited Dec 16, 2012 11:07AM) (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments Another freebie that I liked - Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs

message 17: by Pragya (last edited Dec 27, 2012 11:24AM) (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments Some more freebies I have heard good things about -

And this one is for $0.99 [image error]

message 18: by April (new)

April | 970 comments I just downloaded Intrusive Memory Intrusive Memory by Leonardo Noto by Leonardo Noto for free from Kindle. I haven't read it yet, but it does sound very interesting. AND.... it's FREE!

message 20: by Roz (new)

Roz | 2109 comments Just downloaded Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim for free. Are we done with rainbow books??

message 21: by April (new)

April | 970 comments Thanks, Roz! I downloaded it, too!

Pragya, When I pull up your link, I don't have a free option. :(

message 22: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29906 comments Roz wrote: "Just downloaded Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim for free. Are we done with rainbow books??"

YES! Thank goodness. :)

message 23: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 1873 comments April wrote: Pragya, When I pull up your link, I don't have a free option. :("

The 'browse inside' button seems to give you the whole book. Can't download, but you can read it all.

message 24: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments Yup, April. It's only for free read for some time so you can't download. :(

message 25: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (Rusalkii) | 13001 comments I found this today. You may all get addicted.

http://centslessbooks.com/

message 26: by April (new)

April | 970 comments Rusalka wrote: "I found this today. You may all get addicted.

http://centslessbooks.com/"

Cool!

message 27: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3203 comments I found some amazing deals (under $5) at the TBD and it was really difficult to choose just a few.

http://reviewingshelf.wordpress.com/2...

message 28: by Centslessbooks (new)

Centslessbooks | 1 comments Rusalka wrote: "I found this today. You may all get addicted.

Hey! That's my site! :D

message 29: by April (new)

April | 970 comments I just downloaded the following for free through Amazon Kindle.
High Moor High Moor by Graeme Reynolds by Evan-Moor Educational Publishers I noticed that Debra T has this on her TBR List and Kat had read it and gave it a great review.

The Fifth Avenue Series Boxed Set The Fifth Avenue Series Boxed Set by Christopher Smith by Christopher Smith Stephen King recommended this author by stating, "Put me down as an enthusiastic Christopher Smith fan. Smith is a cultural genius."

message 30: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (JaMaSc) | 29906 comments NO SPAM! If you are an author, you MUST be an ACTIVE member of this group to promote your book. That includes having your friends endorse your book.

message 31: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (Rusalkii) | 13001 comments Some of my favourite books are cheap as today here http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html... if you are lucky enough to be in the right geographical part of the world

message 32: by Roz (new)

Roz | 2109 comments I saw that this morning. I'm going to do some damage in a little while.

message 33: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (Rusalkii) | 13001 comments Hah! Good work Roz!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Centslessbooks wrote: "Rusalka wrote: "I found this today. You may all get addicted.

Hey! That's my site! :D"

Love it! Thank you Rusalka!

message 35: by Peggy, Moderator (last edited Aug 27, 2013 05:15AM) (new)

Peggy (Pebbles84) | 9600 comments I just came across www.bookbub.com. You can sign up for daily emails which contain e-bookdeals (either free or very cheap) of genres you're interested in. You can also say on which device you read, so you get only deals that are compatible with your ereader.

Seems like a good website! Although I just found a book which was advertised for $1.99, but apparently that doesn't apply to all retailers, as it is indeed 1.99 at Apple, but over 4 euros at Google, and around €2.50 at Kobo. And another one was even €13 at Kobo! But still, you should be able to find some free or cheap deals, and I hope the emails really show only the deals fitting your ereader.