Dystopia: The Books That Occupy Our Minds... discussion

The Chinese Banker
This topic is about The Chinese Banker
Financial Warfare Dystopia

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Hill | 2 comments Hi:
I'm Dustin Hill, a new member of this group. By day I'm a political and business reporter for a U.S. news organization. On the side, I have written a new political novel, The Chinese Banker.

I began writing it as the financial crisis of 2008 really started to gain steam. It was during that time that I began to realize the manipulation of financial markets and currencies could very easily become the world's new weapons of mass destruction. The Chinese Banker plays off that theme.

Here's the back cover summary of the book:

$10 per gallon gasoline is the norm. Protesters flood the streets. Riots erupt at grocery stores. It's not a nightmare. It's the next generation of warfare.

Foreign forces are working to debauch the U.S. currency, throw the country’s economy into a tailspin, and knock America from its role as the world’s lone superpower. But their actions are subtle and so secret, not one man in a million could recognize them as the world’s newest form of warfare.

Roger Cusak, a columnist for The New York Examiner, is the one man who can. Lonely and middle-aged, Cusak really wants to take a job in his hometown as the editor of its small daily newspaper. There he can reunite with the one woman he's truly cared about. But Cusak and a secretive retired general are the only ones on the trail of a Chinese conspiracy that threatens to scar the American way of life and change the world's balance of power forever.

That's it. That's the last time I'll try to sell you the book. As my publisher can tell you, I'm not a very good marketer.

But even if you don't buy the book, I would be very interested in having a discussion about financial warfare (just such a war is being waged in Iran right now), currency manipulation, our reliance on Chinese bond buyers or any of that sort of stuff.

Plus, I'm always looking for friends here on Goodreads. If you have any interest, please send me a request.

Thanks,
Dustin

message 2: by Kurt (last edited Nov 16, 2012 11:03AM) (new)

Kurt Brindley (kurtbrindley) Hello Dustin. I like the concept. Do you have a website/blog/link? I checked your amazon author's page but couldn't find one.

Also, you give Iran as a real life example of currency warfare. I agree, but, that is openly legislated through the UN and whatnot and executed through international sanctions; however, it seems the premise of your book is that there are secret currency wars going on. Knowing that secrets are, well, secret, I was wondering if you could point to any examples in the news or through bloggers, etc. that is tracking down such secret warfare today.

Again, love the concept and looking forward to checking out your book in the future.

Kurt Brindley

message 3: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Hill | 2 comments If anybody is interested in what confusion, conspiracy and chaos in America may look like, it is now on sale for 99 cents. I'm tweaking the marketing efforts for the e-book version of The Chinese Banker, which is a political novel about the U.S. getting shoved over a steep fiscal cliff by the Chinese. U.S. Amazon link: http://amzn.to/TFPbC9

Also, I've started a new Goodreads group called Political Pages where we get together to talk about political fiction and non-fiction. I hope you check it out.
The Chinese Banker

Dystopia: The Books That Occupy Our Minds...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Chinese Banker (other topics)