Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2012 discussion

Level 2: Mt. Vancouver > Julia visits Mt Vancouver... hopefully?

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia (mizzelle) | 23 comments I scaled to the top of Pike's Peak last month, so I decided to keep going. After all there are still books to be read.

13. Late Eclipses by Seanan McGuire. The fourth in the Toby Daye urban fantasy/fae series. I only have one more I can count for this challenge alas. This is what I'd call the "game-changer" of the series, where past headaches come to bear and things McGuire set up earlier in the series are revealed. Lots of conspiracies and machinations. I surprised myself with how much I liked this one a lot more than the previous one.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Good luck, Julia!

message 3: by Esther (new)

Esther (eshchory) Tally Ho!! See you at the top!!

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris I know you can do it Julia.

message 5: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (Hayes13) Yay! Keep going!

message 6: by Julia (new)

Julia (mizzelle) | 23 comments 14. L.A. Noire: Completed Stories: I've had this on my Kindle since it was released but couldn't quite finish it off. This collection of crime stories was published to coincide with the LA Noire videogame set in late 1940s Los Angeles. I loved Megan Abbott and Francine Prose's stories, but was horribly muddled by Joyce Carol Oates' one. If you get her latest collection Black Dahlia and White Rose, that's the lead story. Maybe I'm not big on literary stream of consciousness type of writing?

message 7: by Geevee (new)

Geevee Welcome and I'll wave as you speed past me :)

message 8: by Bev (new)

Bev | 214 comments Mod
Good luck with the new mountain!

message 9: by Faruk (new)

Faruk | 1 comments I am Mt ararat guide turkey