Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Becoming a librarian

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Brewer (JohnCBrewer) | 7 comments I would like to become a librarian in order to maintain the books that I write and place on Goodreads. For instance, I recently changed the cover on my novel, "The Silla Project" and would like to update it. I filled out a request to become a librarian several days ago and was wondering how long the process generally takes as I am hoping to begin a new marketing campaign. The new cover is MUCH better than the old one.

message 2: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments Goodreads is only open Monday-Friday, librarian requests are not responded to over the weekend and they can take several days to boot.

Please make sure to read the Librarian Manual if/when you become a librarian. Changing covers on editions that have been published is not our policy, alternate cover editions are created instead. All of this information is in the manual.

message 3: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5524 comments It seems to be true that being a librarian doesn't add much that a Goodreads Author cannot already do with their own books. You mention changing covers but that, as Vicky says, is forbidden.

message 4: by John (new)

John Brewer (JohnCBrewer) | 7 comments Thanks. I will load the alternate cover as you suggest.