What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. P.G. Wodehouse-not Jeeves and Wooster

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cece (last edited Feb 12, 2009 04:17AM) (new)

Cece (cece18) | 15 comments May be one book, two books, or two short stories in a collection!
It involved a worker who hated his boss. No one knew, and when the boss died, he was forced into driving his own car leading the funeral procession. As he neared the cemetery, he tried to simply drive away. However, the entire procession followed him as he tried to outrun them, eventually leading this huge procession into a dead end.
Another event involved a man in hospital, for a broken leg. A visitor drips ice cream onto the cast. A trail of ants march under and through the length of the cast while the man is helpless to move or get help.

message 2: by Cece (new)

Cece (cece18) | 15 comments That is a possibility. It would make it harder to find, eh?

message 3: by Cece (new)

Cece (cece18) | 15 comments Thanks! That definitely gives us somewhere to start.

message 4: by Cece (new)

Cece (cece18) | 15 comments It wasn't me-it was someone who knows I love Jeeves and Wooster and thought I might know-I offered to "ask Goodreads"!

message 5: by Daniel (last edited Feb 14, 2009 12:01PM) (new)

Daniel (danielt) | 2 comments I can at least rule out one of the books mentioned: I read "Plum Pie" not too long ago, and can report that none of the stories in that book has a plot similar to either of the ones Cece described. Hope that helps a bit.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40166 comments Mod
Cece, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Cece (new)

Cece (cece18) | 15 comments I was asking for a friend who has moved away, so not really.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40166 comments Mod
Ok, thanks. I'll move this to Abandoned.