Audiobooks discussion

Sceldrant's Comet (The Rostical Users #1)
This topic is about Sceldrant's Comet
Archives > Check out the prologue! :D

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (last edited Oct 08, 2012 05:29AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michael Rogers | 7 comments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjXvcb...

It wasn't rehersed and done on the spot, but it was so fun we had to upload it!
It follows the ebook word by word. Hopefully we'll get to do it in a serious-like manner with more people to play each character!

If you think you can do better, prove it :].

- Mike

message 2: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie | 3412 comments OMG, that sounds funny/terrible. It makes me value narrators' abilities even more than I did before.

Michael Rogers | 7 comments :).
It was hard not to laugh, it wasn't that terrible was it aha :')?

message 4: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie | 3412 comments :0))))

Lady of the Lake | 61 comments Michael wrote: ":).
It was hard not to laugh, it wasn't that terrible was it aha :')?"

Are you kidding? That was fantastic! I have tried to narrate/record things even with MUCH practice it still comes out awkward and odd. For unrehearsed narration between the few of you I thought it was fantastic! Good for you!
I also went and looked at the manga you had worked on. My daughter illustrates and does manga work as well so I know what it looks like yours is AMAZING! Keep up the great work! And it's fantastic (JUST for for the mere fact that you didn't laugh! )

Michael Rogers | 7 comments Haha, thank you very much for your kind words :D.
We've got a few people who are genuinely interested in doing a few characters by reading the books. We're all excited.

I showed them your comment and they wanted to send their appreciation to you :).

Good luck on your narrations! :)

- mike

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rae | 28 comments For not practicing at all, I think you guys did a really good job. Once it's polished and what not, it could be really good. Keep up the good work:)

Michael Rogers | 7 comments Thank you, Nicole :].
We'll definitely post it here once it's done.
I'm focusing on completing the series before we do the audiobook adaptation.

- Mike

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rae | 28 comments Mike,

That's a good idea. Were you the main reader?

message 11: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie | 3412 comments Oh Mike, I did not know that was YOU! It was wonderful, ;0) Look practice makes perfect and you had had none! If I were to try it would be unspeakably terrible. So by comparison.... Nevertheless it is amazing what the narrators offer us.

message 12: by Alana (new)

Alana (alanasbooks) | 399 comments Haha, Chrissie, that made me smile to read, because it's exactly something I would say! To be fair, he's the one that put it out there anonymously, so fair game. Don't feel bad! (I haven't listened to the clip, so I have no constructive comments to add in that regard).

Michael Rogers | 7 comments Nicole, yeah, I was the narrator, but when we do it for real, I want someone else to do it (don't like the sound of my voice haha).

Yeah, Chrissie, it's all good, seriously haha. I appreciate the honest feedback anyways, like I said, it was unrehearsed, but the feedback has been very positive.

And glad you smiled, Alana.. :).

message 14: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie | 3412 comments I hope I am forgiven.....

message 15: by Michael (last edited Oct 12, 2012 09:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michael Rogers | 7 comments Haha, seriously. There's nothing to forgive :).
It was unrehearsed and one the voice actors was so incredibly shy, didn't want to do it, it's fine. :).
When we've rehearsed and have ALL voice actors who are keen/experienced, I'll repost a link and see what you think then :).

message 16: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie | 3412 comments Do that!

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rae | 28 comments I'm sure it will be great