Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Octuplet Mom Wants Your Cash...

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Feb 12, 2009 01:54AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments The lady who had all those kids is using the net to solicit funds:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/12/octu...

This story must have some symbolic power to America because it's not going away. What do you think?

I think she has creepy, crazy person eyes.

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I agree on the creepy. It's hard for me to grasp her motivations. Quite bizarre.

message 3: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) She does have the creepy, crazy person eyes. Am I the only one who gets a chuckle out of her going back to school for a degree in counseling?

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I feel sorry for all of her kids. What's the likelihood she'll be able to give them all adequate loving care? Big families are fine when they come along serially and not in parallel. Older kids help take care of the emotional needs of younger.

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments "That was always a dream of mine, to have a large family, a huge family, and I just longed for certain connections and attachments with another person that I really lacked, I believe, growing up," she said. Asked what was lacking, she cited a "feeling of self and identity ... I felt powerless.

that is a quote from the mom. i am def seeing this better now. without feeling loved or connected to people she just created a sphere of individuals who she can feel this with. as for the feeling of being powerless, the fame this has brought her has given her a power in the media.

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Have they outed her plastic surgeon yet? You know, the one who tried to reproduce Angelina on her face?

message 7: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) Have any of the interviews mentioned how she paid for the fertility treatments with no apparent source of income?

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments exactly what i was thinking dan

message 9: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Man, I didn't think of that. Aren't fertility treatments expensive?

Now that you mention it, Dan, this whole circus has to burn some people in the heart...e.g...the couples who can't get pregnant, afford fertility treatments, etc. I hadn't thought of that, either.

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments me neither RA. she has 14 now that she cannot take care of on her own and some people stare into an empty nursery unable to have one

message 11: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments Why can't we be more like the Chinese?

message 12: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
Her eyes don't creep me out as much as the disconnect between her lips and her nose. She's Angelina Jolie's alternate. They share the same face, hair, and random obsession with collecting children.

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments why can't we just have a little more self control and common sense?

and matthew - i am not sure i understand how speaking mandarin would help?

message 14: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Fertility treatments are expensive, and I don't think Medicaid readily pays for a woman to have treatments done.

She's got a lot of balls to solicit financial help. But she knows there are bleeding hearts who'll open up their checkbooks "for the sake of the children." Chances are this crazy twat will pocket the cash for more surgeries or treatments.

Child Welfare Services needs to hire someone full-time to monitor this insane twatwaffle.

message 15: by Sally, la reina (new)

There's something fishy about her all right. I wish we could just fast forward 20 years to the VH1 special "where are they now - multiple birth edition" so we can see how these pups turn out.

message 16: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Pups, she says.

message 17: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments well, she does have them a litter at a time

message 18: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Ding dong!

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

I can't help but think of them that way.

message 20: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I wonder if she licked them all clean after they came out.

message 21: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments Bon mot, Kevin. Bon. Mot.

message 22: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments Larry: I heard she ate the placenta...

message 23: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) All 8 of them, Matthew?

message 24: by Sally, la reina (new)

Stop! Ew!

message 25: by Kevin (last edited Feb 12, 2009 09:05AM) (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments [taking sandwich out of mouth:] nice. bluh

message 26: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Hey. Sally called them pups.

message 27: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments If she ends up on Big Brother or some other reality show, the apocalypse is upon us.

message 28: by Matthieu (last edited Feb 12, 2009 09:26AM) (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments It's already here, my friend. As soon as MTV made Date My Mom, I gave up all hope...

message 29: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments You know, there are all kinds of issues today about protecting women's rights to their own bodies, etc. But this seriously puts it into a new light. What right does she have to have all these kids for her own selfish & neurotic needs? I say they give her a mandatory head-shrinking & tube-tying.

Dan, I didn't so much as chuckle as drop my jaw at the counseling thing. Although, I often see screwed up people who try to go into counseling, and then they use it as their own bizarre therapy couch.

This really pisses me off. My brother & sis-in-law saved up for years to have invitro to have their one kid (who is the cutest little dude on the planet, I might add), and this literal bitch not only has the greasy balls to have multiples of multiples but then asks everyone else to foot the bill? (a little shrieking going on here)

All I can say to someone like this is: Get off my fucking planet.

I'm going to go drink my goddamn coffee now before I strangle someone. (My true bitch comes out in the mornings, can you tell?)

message 30: by RandomAnthony (last edited Feb 12, 2009 09:40AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments backs away slowly, positions the rest of you as human shields between Sherrie and myself

message 31: by Sally, la reina (new)

And with that, I'm going back to work.

message 32: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments need a donut sherrie.....???

message 33: by Matthieu (last edited Feb 12, 2009 10:05AM) (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments Damn, Sherrie. I feel ya, though. This child machine has done a very foolish thing.

However, I doubt that she has greasy balls. That is, unless she's like Mr./Ms. Beatie...

message 34: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Okay, sorry bout that huge blast this morning. I really, truly have a very forgiving spirit about most things, but this one has had me madder than hops since it happened. I guess it gets listed under child abuse & hypocrisy in my mind, and those are my two biggest pet peeves.

I know, I have issues, and I didn't mean to douse everyone with them. Next time I'll just drink my coffee and bite my lip until I can edit. I'll leave this thread alone now.

Yea Kevin, I could use that donut.

message 35: by Lori (new)

Lori Oh no, Sherrie, I agree with you! This pisses me a great deal.

message 36: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments It's not that I'm not still pissed, I just hate it when I blast my emotions all over others that don't deserve it.

Did you guys see the vid her Mom put out? I didn't get to see it cause it was removed, but apparently this chick's Mom blasted her in an interview & said she was on food stamps, that six of the kids got disability payments monthly, and that she "spent a lot of money on toys," but never contributed rent or food money and failed to tell her mother about more than $167,000 that records show she received from worker's compensation claims."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/katheri...

(Ok, apparently I can't let this thread lie, but I promise not to use the F-word again, that was crass... however, I don't take back the greasy balls comment, even if it didn't make sense it felt too good to say it)

message 37: by Lori (last edited Feb 13, 2009 12:35AM) (new)

Lori She also owes $140,000 to the hospital.

I'm thinking that this woman needs to be sterilized!

Do any of you feel like these children should be placed for adoption? I really don't feel they will be well-taken of. She is clearly not responsible, how can she possibly care for 14 young kids?

message 38: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i have three kids that i don't feel i give enough love and individual time to so i can't imagine that you would be able to do that for 14 especially alone

message 39: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Couldn't we just call Angelina Jolie and ask her to adopt some of Octomom's kids?

message 40: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments or Mike and Carol B.

message 41: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) At least Mike and Carol B have a kick-ass maid who makes flapjacks.

message 42: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments LOL "Octomom" - That's awesome.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.