Reflecting Shadows discussion

Realm of Shadows > Devil's Castle

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) A dark castle, home to the royal family of the demons.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) Kokoro sat on the roof of the castle watching everything below. It was calm and quite here seeing as the royal family liked to keep their matters private and inside the castle. It was no fun if no one ever did anything interesting.

message 3: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Oct 12, 2012 10:22PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 58 comments "Ahhhhh!" A breath was taken, "AAAAAAAAAh!" the little voice was hurtled atop ever growing lungs like a bike horn attaining the ambulance siren scholarship.

The royals couldn't possibly ignore an animal cry like that one. This one that came from so near.

Deep beneath the castle foot, nearly under the brush with the dead leaves and acid flowers. Acid flowers...

message 4: by ▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa (last edited Oct 12, 2012 10:48PM) (new)

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) Kokoro looked down at the scene below and she felt a sharp pain in her chest and her eyes changed. After a few moments of pain, she smirked and jumped down from the top of the castle and landed in an acid bush. She ignored the flowers and they really didn't do much. "Here, little creature, come to Koko." she said and waited.

message 5: by Ash (last edited Oct 12, 2012 10:38PM) (new)

Ash (ashyboy) Henley never really paid much attention to things, lost as she was in her own little world, preferring dreams over the hell she traveled through. Her pellucid blue eyes flitted between the growling sky and the parched mourning ground as she tread with care past the devil's castle. She tugged the hood of her black cloak quickly over her short luminous hair as she passed by. With out the safety of her cloak, all would be lost, fore her white hair a shinning beacon for demons surrounding her.

Suddenly cry pieced the erie silence that surround the dismal grounds, rising to an unbearable scream. Henley's heart broke as she heard the pleading wails and dashed off to find the source, pulled along by her heart strings.

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) Koko heard footsteps and turned to see Henley. Her hair stood out bright against the dark atmosphere of the castle grounds. Koko ran after the Angel.

message 7: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Oct 12, 2012 11:08PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 58 comments That ora was as wonky as a bag of cats! The change, through her pain, was like seeing Arabian Nights meets Sesame Street, the sequel.

Dilk dug her teeth into her bottom lip as she tugged to unwind herself. The flowers seemed to have teeth of their own, fortunately less sharp then the little Dilk's milk ones. Those were like a hyena's. Once they latched on, all you had to do was wait until they fell out.

She reached into her hood and scraped a hunting knife across the flower vine, sawing it down with a chubby, scrunched up face. Her hands weren't free.

Falling out of the brush when her balance was lost, the girl fell back first before rolling onto her soft stomach. The knife now in her round fist, she pointed it up like the index.

"Back off Houyhnhnms!
I need to get up..."

Blood Bone and Muscle | 58 comments ((Semper nuper [Always late], c'est moi. :/))

▕ ▋ ♛ ▍Marisa  (VergeOfInsanity) Koko quickly became bored with this and left the castle grounds.

message 10: by Ash (last edited Oct 12, 2012 11:15PM) (new)

Ash (ashyboy) Henley's heart skipped about like a rabbit in her chest when she felt the presence of a demon draw near. She reached up to her head quickly as she ran, slender fingers fluttering over the spot where her hood was supposed to be and her eyes widened in shock. It wasn't there! It must of slipped off her hair in her haste and now she ran faster now lugs pumping like pistons in panic.

Suddenly the presence was gone and Henley had arrived at the source of the wails. She peeked over her shoulder and tugged her hood back up again. Safe, for now...

Henley then plowed through the acid flowers, not minding their sting too much and found in their midst a small girl struggling to free herself from the flowers grasp, her soft round face contorted with concentration. Henley's full pink lips formed a soft "O" and she rushed forward to help the poor creature.

Blood Bone and Muscle | 58 comments "Leave me alone!" The 'Poor Creature' fumed getting up on crackling leaves.

Now, dark as it was under this blood red sky, the soft shape of her bald spot and braid tipped out. She was as tiny as the bush with almond black eyes. Shinning like beetle shells and hide of deer in and over her arms.

Dilk.

Dilk tipped her chin to her collar, finally understanding the morn and contortion on the angel's face.

"The trees tell me of your people. The wolves leave each other for it. Houyhnhnms and Laputans should never ever find each other so why are you in their realm?" She pouted. When and angels met demons, the demons scattered. The same happened to work with the reverse, each waited with bated breath for war. Who would initiate complete fire? Families scattered, spreading the sparks in their wake, times brought some to the mortal world. Whatever these 'trees' were telling her, they were scratching from the right surface.

message 12: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashyboy) Henley was silent for a moment, regarding the child before her with curiosity at her strange manner of speak and insistence on solitude. The child was human, that much she could tell. What would a child such as this be doing in such a dangerous realm, she wondered.

Henley crouched down before Dilk, offering her a gentle smile. "My apologies, I really do not know how I've arrived here... If I may ask a question or two... Do you have a name small one? Also, what are Houyhnhnms and Laputans?"

Blood Bone and Muscle | 58 comments "Dilk and this," she initiated attention to a fat, grubby looking pony, "Is Derma my pack mule," she rubbed it's ugly little ears lovingly, compassionately. "You are a Houyhnhnms," she pointed her mitten at Henley, "You're rational thinking but don't have the horse form your supposed to. Derma came from your race."

((This is what she's taking from. If she doesn't understand something, she associates it into the story of her religion (I'm still iffy about this story): http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/gullive... ))

message 14: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashyboy) "Dilk - that's a peculiar name, I rather like it. And I am no Houyhnhnms, I am an angel." Henley spoke with care, suddenly recalling a tale of old, one of fancy that used strange names as Dilk did. It was a story she had once heard as a child and she was sure it was naught but a fairytale and yet Dilk spoke the names with an almost religious reverence. She would take care to tread carefully on the subject of her reality. "Though I'm not sure of our own origins," she continued, "I'm sure that none of my race have ever given birth to a mule. Perhaps it is another creature you have mistaken me for." She said gently.