The Academy. discussion

Building 4-Music Hall > Guitar Classroom

Comments (showing 1-50 of 69) (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Aiyana, A PotterWhoLockian There are spare guitars hanging along the walls, the walls are the same blue as the other classrooms. It is right next to the piano classroom, across the hall from the song writing classroom.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Caia walked into the room. She observed the empty classroom silently, hoping that no one would pop out and want to talk to her. She breathed a sigh of relief and went to a corner of the room, where a small stood sat, awaiting her return. Pulling out her old, beautiful, rare guitar, she took a seat. Caia's fingers moved gracefully across the strings, sending a gentle melody throughout the room.

message 3: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) Jason walked out into the room, and saw Caia playing guitar. He leaned against the wall to listen for a while before he went to the wall, grabbed his guitar, an old Bashkin that his dad gave him and played along.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Caia blinked, her eyes widening, and stopped playing. She scrambled to pack up her guitar, and rush out of the room.

Tatum walked in a few seconds after Jason, just as Caia was going out the door. She turned to say hello, but Caia was gone. A small frown was on her face as she went over by Jason.

message 5: by Moni (new)

Moni Lily smiled at Caia when she passed .Lily saw Tatum disappearing into the guitar classroom.Lily walked a bit faster than usual,to catch up with Tatum and Jason.Lily entered the guitar classroom.She was very excited to see the guitars on the wall.She loves guitar the only problem is that she doesn't know to play it.she was very eager to listen to Jason.

message 6: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) Jason stopped playing along to Caia's melody as she ran out of the room and he smiled at Lily and Tatum. Then he said "so do you guys want to hear me play something?" Smiling brightly still, he leaned his guitar against the wall near his chair.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Tatum nodded and sat down on a chair near his. "Yes, I'd like that."

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

((ETHAN and HADLEY!!!!!!))

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

((Hi Cat!!!))

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

((Hey Hadley!!!!!!! Do you want to roleplay in this group or the Hogwarts one?))

message 11: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) ((HADLEY AND CAT!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!! I THINK I'M GONNA PASS OUT!!!!))

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

((Hmm? Umm.. Either, I don't know.))

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

((Hi Ethan! :) ))

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

((It is good to know that I am so well liked by the other members of the Academy. "Oh no!" Cat cried, checking Ethan. "Are you okay?"))

message 15: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) Jason gave a little bow, then picked up his guitar and strummed the strings a little to tune them, tweaked the tuners a little, then started playing a smooth melody, picking at the strings, his fingers dancing along the frets, his eyes closed as he swayed along to the music.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

((*Laughs*))

Tatum tilted her head to one side, listening. She smiled a little. They music soothed her, clearing any worried or poisonous thoughts from her head.

message 17: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) Catalina *The Cat Herself* wrote: "((It is good to know that I am so well liked by the other members of the Academy. "Oh no!" Cat cried, checking Ethan. "Are you okay?"))"

((yeah, I'm okay now. *shakes head, blinks and gets up from the floor.))

then Jason started to sing, effortlessly switching from melody to chords to melody again. His voice was high, clear and strong, and the melody, though from a song that he had written, was full of lilts and trills.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

-Enter Chad-

Chad walked in, having heard the music from the hallway outside. He stood by Jason, tapping his foot to the music. He didn't say anything, not wanting to interrupt the music, but it was a really good song. He was positive he'd heard it somewhere.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Tatum nodded her head to the music. Jason's voice was amazing; strong, but not overpowering the guitar.

message 20: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) Jason finished the song, strumming a final chord on the guitar and holding the note, trailing off, then he put the guitar down, and leaned back in his chair. "What'd you think?" He said to Tatum, who he had noticed nodding her head tot he music.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Chad grinned, and then started to back out of the room, not wanting to interrupt the music. From what he could hear, that's what they were majoring in. He could sing well, but he was a klutz around instruments, a point that was proved when he almost tripped over a base guitar that was leaning near the doorway. He couldn't resist staying a few more minutes to at least hear the end of the song though.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"What do I think?" Tatum repeated. "You're incredible! You're majoring in this, correct? Because you definitely can. I thought that I was good, but you... Wow."

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

((I've got to go, but I'll be back in a few minutes.))

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

((Aww but okay if you'll be back soon. Someone needs to hear Chad or something.))

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

((Actually, I'm off for a little while because my internet's going crazy. Sorry!))

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

((Internet does that sometimes, unfortunately. I think Ethan is either off or hasn't been getting the notifications.))

message 27: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) ((sorry, my dad kicked me off, then I had to eat supper. back now, but could disappear though.))

message 28: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) Hadley Star wrote: ""What do I think?" Tatum repeated. "You're incredible! You're majoring in this, correct? Because you definitely can. I thought that I was good, but you... Wow.""

"Yeah, I'm a music major. I'm sure that you're good too though. Here I'll play you a song, and you sing along." JAson said, after thanking her for the compliment.

message 29: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) Just then, Jason turned around to see Chad in the doorway. "you know, you can come in, right?" He said, grinning at him.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

"I didn't want to interrupt," said Chad, also grinning. "You're really good. How long have you been playing?" He walked away from the doorway, a little closer to the two of them.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Tatum turned to face Chad. She didn't speak, but nodded to Jason, answering his suggestion about playing and her singing along.

message 32: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) Catalina *The Cat Herself* wrote: ""I didn't want to interrupt," said Chad, also grinning. "You're really good. How long have you been playing?" He walked away from the doorway, a little closer to the two of them."

"I don't know, maybe ten years? My dad started teaching me when I was really young, so I don't really remember." Jason said, starting to strum the beginning chords to 'hey there delilah' which he assumed that Tatum would know.

message 33: by Moni (last edited Oct 10, 2012 05:41AM) (new)

Moni Lily was fully merged in Jason's music that she didn't hear much of the conversation.She opened her eyes and stopped tapping her legs when she realised the reason behind the long pause.She smiled at chad and "Wow! Jason! that was amazing."She said without realising that a long conversation going on.Lily still hummed the music he played,when jason was talking with chad.

"I don't know, maybe ten years? My dad started teaching me when I was really young, so I don't really remember." Jason said

these words attracted her ears deeply......."10 years?really?.....Wow, you itself play fabulously ......I can't imagine how awesomely your father plays!He must be very talented.Isn't it?" She asked with a wide smile spreading across her face.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Tatum tilted her ear towards the music, trying to recognize the tune. She smiled, knowing all the words. Beginning to sing, she carried the song perfectly and without fault.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Chad, not knowing quite what to do, just faded into the background, listening to the music. It took all of his strength to not join in on the singing (he couldn't play musical instruments) but he resisted the urge.

message 36: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) Jason finished the song, marvellling out loud about Tatum's singing. "Yeah, My dad is really good. He's way better than me, but that's not saying much, because I'm not very good." Jason said humbly. He was a very humble person. He didn't mean it to get attention. He really didn't think much of his guitar playing.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Chad started to sneak out, realizing he wasn't wanted.

-Exit Chad-

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

"Not very good," Tatum repeated, raising her eyebrows. "You don't know how good you are, do you? It's incredible, what you can do with a guitar. I wish that I could do that..."

message 39: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) "I could, I don't know, teach you if you want." Jason said, running a hand through his hair and mumbling the words slightly, almost sheepishly.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Tatum stared at the guitars, deep in thought. "I'd be fine with that," she replied with a smile.

message 41: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) "Well grab a guitar then." Jason said, smiling at her back, not at all sheepish or shy anymore. He always had been terrible at talking to girls.

message 42: by Moni (last edited Oct 12, 2012 06:50PM) (new)

Moni "Go on Tatum ,You can do it"Lily encouraged Tatum.She paused for a minute and then continued"Tatum !You are very lucky, to be taught by such a wonderful Guitarist!"She smiled at Jason...."mmmmmm.....Wait a minute!Can I play my mouth organ according to your tune......May I?"She asked politely.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Tatum took a guitar off of the wall near her. It was beautiful, but she had no idea how to use it. "Okaay..."

message 44: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) "yeah, sure lily. Okay tatum, just hold it like me." Jason said, smiling encouragingly.

message 45: by Moni (new)

Moni Lily took out a blue mouth organ from her bag and wiped it with a clean cloth and blew out the dust inside."Okay!I'm ready"She carefully watched how Jason is holding the guitar.And looked at Tatum.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Tatum shifted her hands to hold the guitar correctly, then looked back up at Jason. "'Kay?"

message 47: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) "yeah, that looks good to me. Now put your fingers lIke this." he said, showing her a c chord.

message 48: by Moni (new)

Moni Lily didn't take her eye of Jason and his guitar.

message 49: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (TheTwelfthDoctor) Off, leaving my wifi zone!!!! See ya!!!

message 50: by Moni (new)

Moni ((Bye))

« previous 1