Crazy People of the World! discussion

Chatting > Quotes

Comments (showing 1-50 of 69) (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

message 2: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
I am a quote nerd! I love quotes, but I'm not sure what my favorite is. I do love that one about the 10 lies they tell you in highschool. Except, not all of those are lies at my school. They actually do enforce the dress code (and quite strictly, might I add).

message 3: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 4016 comments Mod
Really? My school the dress code is pretty much "if you come in your undies, we probably won't say anything."

message 4: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
Wow! Our shirt sleeves have to be three fingers' width, no sagging pants (thank goodness), no holes, slashes, tears, etc. above the knee in our jeans, shorts and skirts can be no shorter than 3" above the knee. If you break dress code, they send you to what they call the "Control Room" and I believe you get detention. I really don't have to worry about the dress code that much though. (Keep in mind also, this is a public school)

message 5: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

I wish the dress code was like that at my school! (Except that I like sleeveless shirts) Especially for a public school!

I've seen girls with shirts that come to 5 inches above their waste

message 6: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
Ughhh! That's disgusting! Oh, and that's another one (shirts covering the midriff)! Haha, yeah, they're strict, but it's worth not seeing, you know, everything.

message 7: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

I know, it sickens me, every day to see all lovely people without much clothing on. -_-
I also hate when they wear see through clothes.

message 8: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
Yup! It's really gross! You know, I guess they just don't get it, but if a girl wears clothes like that, she's not attracting the decent guys. Instead, she's attracting the weirdos.

message 9: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

Yeah! I don't get it at all. *sigh*

message 10: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
*shakes head*

message 11: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
Sorry I've gotten us waaaaaaaaay off topic. :)

message 12: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

No problem!

SYNCHRONIZED DAAANCE!!!! THE CAKE IS A LIE! (Can anyone guess where that's from?)

message 14: by lafon حمزة, Which comes first: Thought or action? (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 549 comments Mod
It was made popular by Portal the video game. Where it originated, however, you don't particularly want to know...

message 15: by lafon حمزة, Which comes first: Thought or action? (last edited Oct 11, 2012 05:43AM) (new)

This quote by Marcus Garvey which goes: "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots." is pretty good.

message 16: by I am Dangerous (new)

I am Dangerous | 177 comments It's my fav-
"Who are you to judge the life i live,i know i am not perfect and i don't live to be perfect but before pointing fingers at me make sure your fingers are clean"-Bob Marley

SYNCHRONIZED DAAANCE!!!! lafon حمزة wrote: "It was made popular by Portal the video game. Where it originated, however, you don't particularly want to know..."

I kind of want to now...

message 18: by lafon حمزة, Which comes first: Thought or action? (new)

SYNCHRONIZED DAAANCE!!!! wrote: "I kind of want to now..."

In a part of the internet where the sun does not shine, where the worst of the internet sleeps, and where if you step within 1 KM of them your innocence is destroyed. Basically one of the creepier boards on 4Chan. No, I won't be any more specific than that.

SYNCHRONIZED DAAANCE!!!! ...Um...(Can't think of anything to say to that.) O _ o

SYNCHRONIZED DAAANCE!!!! "When you learn how to die, you learn how to live." From Tuesdays With Morrie.

King☚☠☛ℱα₪ℊ ☄ ℒïካ₭ïᾔ ℘αℜⓀ ♬ *Vampires Rule the (K)Night* Linkin Park ~ Castle (VampireKing) | 858 comments "Perfect is no definition, its merely a title"...

message 22: by Abby (new)

Abby (molten_genius) | 79 comments "Try Try try again. then give up, there is no use being a damn fool"

message 23: by l (last edited Oct 16, 2012 12:04AM) (new)

l This is my favourite quote EVER:
"'One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.'" (from Clockwork Angel)

Another favourite book quote is "Always." because it's a big quote in THG Series and Harry Potter, which both have a very large place in my heart.

message 24: by lafon حمزة, Which comes first: Thought or action? (new)

Oh, guys. Just a heads up. Please do not ask me to like your personal quotes. As a super-librarian it's my duty to delete quotes by people not notable by Goodreads standards (which user quotes do not meet). If, however, I don't see them...

message 25: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

Sneaky.

message 26: by Anna (new)

Anna My favorite quote (I love winnie the pooh)

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.”
― A.A. Milne

message 27: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
(I do too!)

I think Piglet said this:

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be one hundred minus one day so I'll never have to live one day without you there." Something to that affect.

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (BerryNumey) | 14879 comments Mod
"You mess with me, you mess with all of us" (Darren Shan, Slawter)

"Roses are red, violets are blue, one deadly prick, can still kill you" (Unknown)

"Good. Better. Best. Never let it rest; until Good becomes Better and Better becomes Best" (Anon)

message 31: by Leah, Proud member of the NFL! :D (new)

Leah | 1285 comments Mod
Spice wrote: ""A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." (Steve Martin)"

I LOVE that one!

message 32: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

O.O

message 33: by Lucy ~Graphite Wizard~, RANDOM DANCE PARTY FOR NO REASON!!!!!!!! (new)

Lucy ~Graphite Wizard~ | 1358 comments Mod
Spice wrote: ""It's 2AM! Do you know where your pants are?" (Dr. Greg Hamilton)"

Prom night?

message 34: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (Steampunk) | 1100 comments What do you mean?

message 35: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (Steampunk) | 1100 comments Ok.

message 36: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (Steampunk) | 1100 comments There is a real Greg Hamilton, you know.

message 37: by Monkeyduels (last edited Oct 22, 2012 06:01PM) (new)

Monkeyduels | 78 comments I love this quote:
Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind it doesn't matter.
- Mark Twain

message 38: by Badgerlord (last edited Nov 03, 2012 10:25PM) (new)

Badgerlord | 200 comments "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

That's the quote I would like to say I live by. Really, what I live by is more like;

If there's anything around here more important than my ego, I want it caught and shot now!
-Zaphod, Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

message 39: by Amy (new)

Amy (Amy96) | 142 comments I cant decide what my favourite quote is but it would be one from Katie Piper because she is so inspirational and encourages you to take control of your life and make the most of what you have. xx

message 40: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (Steampunk) | 1100 comments Badgerlord wrote: ""He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and E..."

:)

message 41: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, BOW DOWN MINION! (Head mod) (new)

Badgerlord wrote: ""He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and E..."

That first quote is literally my all time favorite quote!!

And the second one is so funny :)

message 43: by Hixale (new)

Hixale | 2 comments I have some favorites, quite hard to choose a certain one or a small amount though D:

"Though I am not proud of who I am right now, I hope people do not judge me tomorrow for who I am today."

"You can't get angry just because you can't control the world as you please." - Cho Kyuhyun

"My dream isn't to become the 'best', it's to become someone I am not ashamed to be." - Kim Kibum

Those are currently my top three. OTL

message 44: by Badgerlord (new)

Badgerlord | 200 comments Spice wrote: "iiiiii like pancakes (dun dun dun dun)
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii like pancakes"

*Facepalm*

Spice, you can't quote yourself.

message 45: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (Steampunk) | 1100 comments OTL?

message 46: by Laszlo (new)

Laszlo (Steampunk) | 1100 comments What does OTL mean?

message 47: by Tab (new)

Tab Defarge | 1183 comments "On the list" maybe?

message 48: by Jane (new)

Jane (SmallinaBigWorld) My absolutely favorite quote would be from Brom(Eragon): "It is better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission."

message 49: by Jane (new)

Jane (SmallinaBigWorld) My other favorite quote would be from Clary to Jace (Mortal Instruments): “Sarcasm is the last refuge of the imaginatively bankrupt.”

message 50: by Jane (new)

Jane (SmallinaBigWorld) well, I just found one other that I like even more by Brandon Mull(Fablehaven): "All boys belong in Insane Asylums."

« previous 1