What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > love fantasy with a little romance

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Grant (firefightrix) | 72 comments The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Dragonbones by Patricia Briggs. The Hobs Bargain by Briggs. The Time Travelers Wife

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Aug 28, 2013 12:41PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 6960 comments Mod
any of Andre Norton's books. Also Mercedes Lackey and if you like humour Elizabeth Ann Scarborough does some good fantasy series.

message 4: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 59 comments The Sweetest Spell My sister really liked it.

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim Have you read any Barbara Erskine - bit of romance, bit of history, bit of supernatural.

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (flowerpower21) | 10 comments Have you read The Kane Chronicles?? Less romance more action.. And Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry is a current fav! Romance with mystery trying to find blocked memories about what happened the night her mom tried to kill her... Really good!!! Pushing the Limits

message 7: by Kim (new)

message 8: by Lee Anne (new)

Lee Anne (LadyofRohan2995) | 176 comments My favorite fantasy series is The Thief Series, by Megan Whalen Turner. The first book, The Thief, doesn't have any romance, but later in the series there are some romantic subplots. Some find the first book a little slow, but it is well worth reading (and not that long). Truly my favorite series of all time.
The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1) by Megan Whalen Turner

message 9: by Alex (new)

Alex | 5 comments graceling, by Kristin cashore

message 10: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 35 comments fantasy/romance: Tairen Soul series by C.L Wilson, or the Chronicle of the Warland series by Elizabeth Vaughan:
Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2) by C.L. Wilson King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3) by C.L. Wilson Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul, #4) by C.L. Wilson Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5) by C.L. Wilson Warprize (Chronicles of the Warlands, #1) by Elizabeth Vaughan Warlord (Chronicles of the Warlands, #3) by Elizabeth Vaughan Warsworn (Chronicles of the Warlands, #2) by Elizabeth Vaughan

Otherwise, mainly fantasy, but with a teensy bit of romance, most of Mercedes Lackey's series.
She also has a series of fantasy/fairytale retellings , which have a little more romance (which I prefer:
The Fire Rose (Elemental Masters, #1) by Mercedes Lackey The Serpent's Shadow (Elemental Masters, #2) by Mercedes Lackey The Gates of Sleep (Elemental Masters, #3) by Mercedes Lackey Phoenix and Ashes (Elemental Masters, #4) by Mercedes Lackey

message 11: by Kay Dee (new)

Kay Dee (kdf_333) | 7 comments Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere Chronicles, #2) by Melina Marchetta
Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3) by Melina Marchetta
lovely fantasy trilogy with some complicated romances.

message 12: by Kay Dee (new)

Kay Dee (kdf_333) | 7 comments Lee Anne wrote: "My favorite fantasy series is The Thief Series, by Megan Whalen Turner. The first book, The Thief, doesn't have any romance, but later in the series there are some romantic subplots. Some find th..."

YES!!!!!! and again i say you must read this series. this is fantasy again.

message 13: by Sara ♥ (last edited Sep 11, 2013 01:54AM) (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 141 comments Anything by Maria V. Snyder, especially the Poison Study series!!
Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Fire Study (Study, #3) by Maria V. Snyder

message 14: by Kay Dee (new)

Kay Dee (kdf_333) | 7 comments hmm is it a sign of my book love that i am subscribed to get notifications in case somebody recommends a book i haven't read and want to add to my list?

message 15: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

You mean that's not normal Kimberle? lol, hey, my tbr stack is reaching mountain range proportions. . . And it keeps growing and growing.

message 16: by Kay Dee (new)

Kay Dee (kdf_333) | 7 comments Ann, i stopped even trying to pretend my TBR list was a real goal. it's 95% a wish i could read list and 5% a plan to read list. :-) it's like a pinterest board.

message 17: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy (Backdraft4508) | 41 comments You might try the Iron Butterfly series or An Unfortunate fairytale series both by Chadna Hahn.

message 18: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

The Iron Butterfly for the first suggestion's first book that Chrissy recommended. UnEnchanted is the first book in the second series she talks about too.

message 19: by Lou (last edited Sep 24, 2013 03:22PM) (new)

Lou Rocama | 386 comments Everything by Patricia Briggs has some romantic element.

Bujold's Sharing Knife series Beguilement (The Sharing Knife, #1) by Lois McMaster Bujold

Linnea Sinclair Wintertide by Megan Sybil Baker

or if you want something more like a romance novel:

Enchanted, Inc. (Enchanted, Inc., #1) by Shanna Swendson by Shanna Swendson

message 20: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

I'm going to join Lou with her Briggs suggestion. I love, love, LOVE Briggs.

Oh, and there is another Iron Butterflies book for you. It's not exactly fantasy (more historical) but it's still good.

message 21: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne | 3 comments The luxen series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. About aliens who live on earth