Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Buddy Read Genres

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments This is a post to make buddy reads easier and more enjoyable. In this post you will post your favorite genre and you keep checking back and eventually someone will probably post the same answer as you. If you like, you can send them a message (if you both have the same favorite genre or even if you just like that genre) and you can create a buddy read with them. This makes buddy reads more enjoyable because both people are interested in the genre they are reading!

My favorite genre is Dystopia.

message 2: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments My favorite is either Dystopia or mystery or thriller or contemporary romance of the YA type.

Sorry, can't pick just one. LOL

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (shellsea) | 84 comments My favorite genreS are epic fantasy books (like LOTR), dystopia (divergent, thg,...) , books with mythical creatures AND romance of the YA type (mortal instruments, iron fey, ...) and thats it, hehe xD

message 4: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments I read anything that has words on :P Seriously though, I am not picky when it comes to genre, but I love YA contemporary romance :)

message 5: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 1648 comments My favorite is like thriller suspense

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments I'm with Gisbelle! I'll read just about anything with words :)

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Me too, except I don't care to read erotica. Romance is fine, steamy is okay, but hard core erotica...no thank you!

message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Vicki wrote: "Me too, except I don't care to read erotica. Romance is fine, steamy is okay, but hard core erotica...no thank you!"

I am with you :)

message 9: by Alice (new)

Alice Obermeier  (espritouvert) Probably Apolcalyptic

★RavenclawReader★ (stargazer101) | 299 comments Fantasy!

message 11: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean | 675 comments paranormal, fantasy, urban fantasy, historical fiction, vampires- all these genres are in regards to y.a. books

message 12: by Harshini (new)

Harshini  Ramanujam (watchmeread) | 672 comments Any fantasy, sci-fi, manga, chick-lit, anything with words as long as it's YA, children, middle grade, or all ages :)

message 13: by Sami (new)

Sami | 889 comments In terms of YA - Dystopia, Paranormal and anything by Tamora Pierce :D

message 14: by ZaraS (last edited May 04, 2013 06:27AM) (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer At the moment I like:

Christian fiction/non-fiction/history/romance;
Historical fiction;
Some fantasy/sci-fi.

message 15: by Stacie (new)

Stacie | 37 comments I like dystopia/ya

message 16: by Grace (new)

Grace (gracenherondale) | 27 comments My favorite genre is Dystopia.

message 17: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments I'm into New Adult right now. So drop me a line if anyone wants to read this genre :)