Richard III discussion

Book Discussions > Last Plantagenet

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ishita (new)

Ishita | 25 comments Just read the book Desire the Kingdom by Paula Zabka! Bought it from an used book site and liked it too! Looking for more novels on RIII. I am afraid I have gone through most of them........ Would love ny suggestion!

message 2: by Joan (new)

Joan Szechtman | 401 comments
Looking for more novels on RIII. I am afraid I have gone through most of them........ Would love ny suggestion!

Hi Ishita. I'm a little behind on the posts here, so I wish to extend my belated welcome to the group. Since I don't know which Richard III novels you have already read, I'm going to suggest you check out what this group's authors have written (not all about Richard, but hey, we're here and can respond to questions). They are, in no particular order and my apologies up front if I've missed anyone: Sharon Kay Penman, Susan Higginbotham, Brian Wainwright, Anne Easter Smith, Sandra Worth, and me--Joan Szechtman. I'll add to the list as I remember authors.

I had not heard of Desire the Kingdom so I'm going to check into it now.

Beware, as one Ricardian (Jeremy Potter, I believe) said that Richard III launched a 1000 books.

message 3: by Ishita (new)

Ishita | 25 comments Haha!!! Isn't it funny that the person they wanted to obliterate has resurfaced as the most pitied and intriguing figure in the modern times?!!I just read the novel by Josephine Fey called Daughter of Time and loved it!!!This book also reestablishes Richard as the king maligned for no other reason than political motivation of the Tudor regime!What's the name of your book Joan? I have read the Sharon Penman, Sandra Worth, Susan H's book. I will add the others to my to-read list!

message 4: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 1139 comments Mod
Ishita wrote: "Just read the book Desire the Kingdom by Paula Zabka! Bought it from an used book site and liked it too! Looking for more novels on RIII. I am afraid I have gone through most of them........ Would ..."

I haven't heard of that one. The members here have done an awesome job of uploading RIII books to the group book shelves. Browse to your heart's content.

And welcome, it gets quiet on occasion around here. I'm not the best mod at keeping the discussions active :/

message 5: by Ishita (new)

Ishita | 25 comments Lol. I am new enthusiast and I am sure you guys will hear a lot from me now:)

message 6: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 1139 comments Mod
Ishita wrote: "Lol. I am new enthusiast and I am sure you guys will hear a lot from me now:)"

Jump in any time :)

message 7: by Ishita (new)

Ishita | 25 comments Lol. How can I jump to the list?

message 8: by Joan (new)

Joan Szechtman | 401 comments Ishita wrote: "...What's the name of your book Joan?..."

I have two published books about Richard III in the 21st-century: This Time and Loyalty Binds Me. They are available in print and digitally from the usual suspects.

I have to get the details so that I can publicize the event, but on Wednesday, October 17th, the Waterbury Barnes & Noble is having a book signing, 6 to 8 pm, for about 8 local authors. I'll be there, pen in hand.

message 9: by Ishita (new)

Ishita | 25 comments I would love to go! If I can get off early, I would love to meet you. I am a painter and it mystifies me that authors can paint such amazing tapestries by using words! I can never do that!

message 10: by Joan (new)

Joan Szechtman | 401 comments I'd love to meet you too. I don't know what hours you work, but the book signing event at the Waterbury B&N, 235 Union St. (Brass Mill Commons), Waterbury, CT 06706, is scheduled for Oct. 17th from 6 pm to 8 pm, and you can arrive at anytime up to 8. The store hours are 9 am to 10 pm.

Here is the blurb B&N sent to me for this event, which is part of a larger educational event:
Local authors and Barnes & Noble have joined forces to provide an evening to celebrate area literary talent from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, October 17, at Barnes & Noble, 235 Union Street, Waterbury. A variety of local authors will sign books that are available for purchase at Barnes & Noble the day of the event, as well as available for pre-order. The authors are available for autographs and photo opportunities.

Our Fall Evening with Local Authors event will take place during Barnes & Noble’s Educator Appreciation Week -- October 13-21, 2012. The Educator Appreciation Reception will be Friday October 19, 2012 from 3-7 p.m. Educators receive extra discounts on personal and professional purchases and on select Nook products during this time. Educators for grades K-12 are eligible for discounts with a valid Educator Discount Card from Barnes & Noble; normal restrictions apply.