Bookworms discussion

Trivia!! > What your sleep position says about you?

Comments (showing 1-37 of 37) (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Neena (last edited Oct 06, 2012 01:40PM) (new)

Neena (I-am-addicted-to-reading) | 9758 comments Mod
Starfish? Soldier? Yearner? How do you sleep? Sleep scientists believe the position in which a person sleeps offers important clues about their personality. Director of the Sleep Assessment and Advisory Service, Professor Chris Idzikowski, analyzed six common sleeping positions and found that each is associated with particular personality traits

The Fetus

This is the most common sleeping position. More than twice as many women as men tend to adopt this position. Those who curl up in the fetus position are described as tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax.

The Log

Lying on your side with both arms down by your side is the sleep position favored by 14 percent of the people in the study. These sleepers are easy going, social people who like being part of the in-crowd, and who are trusting of strangers. However, they may be gullible.

The Yearner

13 percent of people sleep in the pose of the yearner–on their side with both arms out in front are said to have an open nature, but can be suspicious and cynical. They are slow to make up their minds, but once they have taken a decision, they are unlikely to change it

Soldier

Are you one of the 8 percent who sleep lying on your back with both arms pinned to your sides? Well hello, soldier. People who sleep in this position are generally quiet and reserved. They don’t like a fuss, but set high standards for themselves and others. The soldier style is more likely to lead to snoring and a bad night’s sleep.

The Freefaller

If you sleep on your stomach with your hands around the pillow and your head turned to one side, you sleep in the freefall position. You are probably often gregarious and brash, but can be nervy and thin-skinned underneath, and don’t like criticism or extreme situations. Seven percent of sleepers assume this posture, which happens to be good for digestion.

The Starfish

About 5 percent choose to lay on their back with both arms up around the pillow. These sleepers make good friends because they are always ready to listen to others, and offer help when needed. They generally don’t like to be the center of attention. The starfish position is more likely to lead to snoring and a bad night’s sleep

So see for yourself what your sleep position says about you and remember this is just for fun:)

message 2: by Smitha (new)

Smitha a variation of fetus :D

message 3: by Neena (last edited Oct 07, 2012 09:41AM) (new)

@Smitha tell me what it says about fetus and personality, do you agree or no?

I sleep in fetus 95% of the time and 5% frefaller. I agree what they say about both. I don't like critisism much especialy by strangers who don't know me enough but mostly because I'm my own biggest critic and really I feel I should not be too hard on myself. So being a biggest critic myself I don't always take other people's criticism very well.:P

message 4: by Smitha (new)

Smitha reg. my personality, being shy and introvert is true, but I never come across as a tough person, its the other way round - people think I am soft and sensitive, but I feel I really am tough in the inside.

message 5: by Neena (new)

Well I see you as soft and sensitive too:)

message 6: by Smitha (new)

Smitha :) appearances are deceptive (atleast in my case)

message 7: by Neena (new)

:D I know I know.in everyone's case to a very large extent....

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Variations with extreme positions of the broad category called the Fetus.

message 9: by Awesome (new)

Awesome (Awesomme) | 40 comments Fetus and the yerner

message 10: by Sohini (new)

Sohini Banerjee (banerjeesohini) | 36 comments a combination of the Fetus, Freefaller and the Starfish (nd I have 100% assurance that I DON'T snore ... and I sleep extremely well 99.99% of the days)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Sohini wrote: "a combination of the Fetus, Freefaller and the Starfish (nd I have 100% assurance that I DON'T snore ... and I sleep extremely well 99.99% of the days)"

Someone's SNORE can be BLISSFUL MUSIC to someone else's ear :D

message 12: by Neena (new)

Well I agree with you Anirban... I'm so used to my husband's snoring now, simply can't fall asleep if he is not snoring:D

message 13: by Sohini (new)

Sohini Banerjee (banerjeesohini) | 36 comments Neena... u amuse me... nice to see that people can surprise each other with such trivia ... my mom snores, and till date whenever I am home and mom snores, I actually wake her up coz i cannot sleep OR i simply go to another room!

message 14: by Neena (new)

well because you are a perfectionist:)

message 15: by Dyuti (new)

Dyuti (dyuti_c) Anirban wrote: "Sohini wrote: "a combination of the Fetus, Freefaller and the Starfish (nd I have 100% assurance that I DON'T snore ... and I sleep extremely well 99.99% of the days)"

Someone's SNORE can be BLISS..."

Ish! Having to hear someone snore during sleeping can be so irritating. I'm a combination of fetus, freefaler, and log.

i could more or less agree with most of the points, (in a relaxed way)except that I do not think I'm that I'm harsh and brash... :(

message 16: by Sohini (new)

Sohini Banerjee (banerjeesohini) | 36 comments Dyuti... u r my girl!!! SNORING can never ever be music to my ears!!!

message 17: by Neena (last edited Oct 25, 2012 11:34AM) (new)

only females responding to this thread......when I started this thread I knew it would interest us girls:)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Start a thread describing various types of SNORING, we men will answer in thousands and lakhs!!! :P :D

message 19: by Sohini (new)

Sohini Banerjee (banerjeesohini) | 36 comments Neena wrote: "only females responding to this thread......when I started this thread I knew it would interest us girls:)"

OR - only women have the taste in the finer things in life!

message 20: by Neena (new)

Sohini wrote: "Neena wrote: "only females responding to this thread......when I started this thread I knew it would interest us girls:)"

OR - only women have the taste in the finer things in life!"

Absolutely...Guys' things are so boring...sometimes I do wonder how do they enjoy all that crap:P

message 21: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 25, 2012 11:41AM) (new)

Neena wrote: "Sohini wrote: "Neena wrote: "only females responding to this thread......when I started this thread I knew it would interest us girls:)"

OR - only women have the taste in the finer things in life!..."

What is this??? Guy bashing thread??? :D :P

We have better things to do than sleeping!!! Huh :P :D :D

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (BerryNumey) The Freefaller and Starfish!! And btw, not just one pillow stays in my arms ;) I have 4 XD Oh and teddies too!! :D

message 23: by Neena (new)

✮ Ї'м Йот Шєїґd, Ї'м Gїfтєd ღ ~ Йцмєу ☮ wrote: "The Freefaller and Starfish!! And btw, not just one pillow stays in my arms ;) I have 4 XD Oh and teddies too!! :D"

I keep two:)

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (BerryNumey) More of them...more my dreams somehow :o

message 25: by Rahul Nath (new)

Rahul Nath (cultofpersonality) | 2406 comments I adopt all positions but only fall asleep once I shift to The Freefaller, so that's that :D

message 26: by Abhay (new)

Abhay Kulkarni | 11327 comments Mod
Same here. Off late i get sleep only in the FREEFALLER mode. Nice word FREEFALLER. Its also interesting to know whether usually people have a fixed 'sleep inducing' position or if it changes with time & mental changes.

message 27: by Rahul Nath (new)

Rahul Nath (cultofpersonality) | 2406 comments Yes, I can vouch for that. In my college days, I used to get sleep only when I lied down on my sides, like THE LOG or THE YEARNER. Of late, FREEFALLER suits me best.

message 28: by Abhay (new)

Yea. Gotta read Sigmund Freud dude's Dream Pschology or other books on analysis of dreams.

"Good guys sleep better but bad guys enjoy the waking hours much more":-)

message 29: by Harshini (new)

Harshini  Ramanujam (watchmeread) | 38 comments I am a log, wow :)

message 30: by Anwesha (new)

Anwesha Freefaller and starfish :D

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Anwesha wrote: "Freefaller and starfish :D"

No doubt you are a STARFISH!! :D

message 32: by Eunice Catherine (new)

Eunice Catherine | 2578 comments Fetus and occasional Starfish...:)

message 33: by Sharan (new)

Sharan (SharanMangalore) | 162 comments Fetus and Log :)

message 34: by Anwesha (new)

Anwesha Anirban wrote: "Anwesha wrote: "Freefaller and starfish :D"

No doubt you are a STARFISH!! :D"

Even I do snore sometimes!! :P :D

Zana!!! Wings of Pages♥ BookishAngel (bookangel610) | 8 comments Log and Freefaller for me ♥

message 36: by Meera (new)

Meera | 8305 comments Freefaller!

message 37: by Abhay (new)

Same Pinch :-P

Stay calm and FREEFALL!!! \m/