Webcomic Wonderland discussion

The Phoenix Requiem: Volume One (The Phoenix Requiem #1)
This topic is about The Phoenix Requiem
Webcomic Discussions > October-The Phoenix Requiem***SPOILERS ALLOWED***

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kristen | 1179 comments Discuss The Phoenix Requiem here.

message 2: by Vim (new)

Vim (VimC) | 6 comments Phoenix Requiem is one of the best web comics I've ever read. The illustrations are superb and it's a good thing that I've read this when it was finished since I can't handle the suspense. LOL :)

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Morrigan (LauraMorrigan) | 55 comments Vim wrote: "Phoenix Requiem is one of the best web comics I've ever read. The illustrations are superb and it's a good thing that I've read this when it was finished since I can't handle the suspense. LOL :)"

I know! Me too! I was so glad to be able to read it right through! I love the illustrations, and I utterly lust after her dresses! And the story is soooo good!

message 4: by Vim (new)

Vim (VimC) | 6 comments Laura wrote: "Vim wrote: "Phoenix Requiem is one of the best web comics I've ever read. The illustrations are superb and it's a good thing that I've read this when it was finished since I can't handle the suspen..."

I hope there's a sequel or a webcomic similar to it.

Kayleigh | 195 comments Laura wrote: "Vim wrote: "Phoenix Requiem is one of the best web comics I've ever read. The illustrations are superb and it's a good thing that I've read this when it was finished since I can't handle the suspen..."

I concur on the dress-lust. Such pretty clothes...

And yeah, it's really nice to be able to read it from start to finish without waiting for updates--reading a comic like this one page at a time would be super frustrating, methinks.

message 6: by Vim (last edited Oct 11, 2012 07:25AM) (new)

Vim (VimC) | 6 comments Kayleigh wrote: "Laura wrote: "Vim wrote: "Phoenix Requiem is one of the best web comics I've ever read. The illustrations are superb and it's a good thing that I've read this when it was finished since I can't han..."

What do you guys think of the plot? Was it short or too long and dragging?

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura Morrigan (LauraMorrigan) | 55 comments Vim wrote: "Kayleigh wrote: "Laura wrote: "Vim wrote: "Phoenix Requiem is one of the best web comics I've ever read. The illustrations are superb and it's a good thing that I've read this when it was finished ..."

I thought it was a pretty good length, it had enough twists for the length that it was. I thought all the twists and backstories were great, that's the sort of thing I love!

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura Morrigan (LauraMorrigan) | 55 comments And it allowed for lots of awesome costume changes :P

message 9: by Vim (new)

Vim (VimC) | 6 comments Laura wrote: "And it allowed for lots of awesome costume changes :P"

Costume changes =] I found the length great although, for some reason when I came upon the book divisions in the story (when published) it bothers me. Id rather have the story compiled in 1 book. Something like Craig thompson's habibi or blankets (awfully long graphic novels) Lol

Kayleigh | 195 comments Vim wrote: "Kayleigh wrote: "Laura wrote: "Vim wrote: "Phoenix Requiem is one of the best web comics I've ever read. The illustrations are superb and it's a good thing that I've read this when it was finished ..."

I thought it was just the right length for the story that was being told. The ending felt neither too rushed nor too drawn out, and the way the backstories were interspersed with the present-day storyline was brilliant--rather than one big info-dump, we got the pieces of the puzzle one at a time, as they became relevant.

message 11: by Mike (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mike | 1499 comments Mod
All finished. Got really caught up as things went along. Overall this was fantastic. Great characters and a strong, nuanced story that was allowed to build over time. Agree that the pacing was very good (outside of a somewhat uneven/dragging first volume) and the story was just about as long as it needed to be. The exception for me was the epilogue, which was way too short. Not a big deal though.

The layers of mystery and reveals were well done and logical without being too predictable. That always makes me very happy in any story.

And just in case we haven't said so enough yet between the two threads, once again the art is absolutely incredible. :)