Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general) > Informal Book Club

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori  (ModeratrixLori) My sister sent me a letter titled "Informal Book Club". The way it works is that you send a paperback or audio book that you already enjoyed to the person named on the back of the letter. It suggests you use a mailing envelope and send it using the media rate which is cheaper. Then you copy the letter and send it to six different people (you do not send them a book) and put the address of the person who sent you the letter on the back (usually they have provided address labels so you just stick them on).

You're supposed to get 36 books but I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the math. So...if anyone wants to participate, I have to forward this letter on to 6 people and I need volunteers! Send me a message if you're interested.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

so u need to send 36 books?

Nichole (DirrtyH) (DirtyH) No, I think you send one book, but then send a letter to six other people who then send books to the person who sent you the letter.
So then when those people send out letters, the people they send them to will send books to you and you'll end up getting 36 books (assuming all six people you sent letters to send them to six people each and all those people send you a book.)

message 4: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) | 407 comments Hmm, why not. I am game. Sign me up!

message 5: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (last edited Feb 11, 2009 01:34PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) This works in theory, if all 6 you send it to, each send to six more people, and all 36 want to take part. I've seen 6 inch square fabric swatches or recipe swaps done the same way. But not everyone who gets one will actually send books, recipes, etc. Most people don't ask before they send out to you, so people who won't or can't participate get sent letters. So doubtful you'll get a full 36 books, but you could still get quite a few for only sending one out. I couldn't sign up as I don't know 6 people who read enough to take part (other than those here). In the fabric one I didn't have time to take part but was sent one. In the recipe one I mailed out but only got 2 recipes back.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments i don't quite understand how it works but I'll join =)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) When you get the letter, it says to mail one book to the person on the back (person A). You mail a simliar letter to 6 people and when you do you put on the back the person that mailed the original letter to you (person B). Those 6 people who you sent a letter to mail a book to person B and send letters out to 6 more people, this time with your name on the back. Those 36 mail a book to you (person C). Clear as mud? lol

message 8: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) | 407 comments Hmm well can we slim the list down to say 3 people then?

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) If you started your own, you could do any number you wanted. The letter Lori's sister sent her had you sending to 6 people, so if she sends the letter on to people here, she'd need to stick to the instructions.

message 10: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) | 407 comments ah righto

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori  (ModeratrixLori) I'll need your address's so I can mail you the letter. Just send me a pm with your address. If I get six people, I'll send them out.

message 12: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) | 407 comments I guess then I need 3 people.. lol Because I only know 3 people to send mine too :P

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments I have pen pals I think would play.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Yes Briansgirl clear as mud, LOL! I will post with any questions I have of course.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

i would be in... but i don't know 6 people to send it to. unless we do it in here.. send it to six people.. or something like that..

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) I don't know 6 people that would do it either Stephanie.

message 17: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3045 comments Sounds great but again I don't know 6 readers who would participate.