DC Comics Fans discussion

52 ideas

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Travis (new)

Travis (travisHiltz) | 413 comments Any characters/titles you'd like to see brought into the new 52?

(Yeah, I know the results have been wildly uneven, but the fanboy and writer in me is curious to what a new version would be like)

Here's my list:
Doom Patrol
Adam Strange ( heck, any space heroes besides the Green Lanterns. I'd settle for Space Cabbie)
Rip Hunter ( love to see the Forgotten Heroes, but the 52 Animal man wouldn't fit well)
Black Pirate ( or any of of the non-western DC historical heroes)

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Clough (BrendaClough) | 130 comments I am delighted to see Knight and Squire appearing in BATMAN INCORPORATED, and would love to see another miniseries about them.

message 3: by Travis (new)

Travis (travisHiltz) | 413 comments Batman Inc started strong, but lost me when it got so bogged down in conspiracy, but I did really enjoy the 'Knight and Squire' mini and wished more of the other Batmen had gotten a solo mini.

Would love to see something with more international heroes in the new 52.

message 4: by Annice22 (last edited Oct 08, 2012 04:59PM) (new)

Annice22 | 219 comments Mod
Characters I would like to see brought back are:

Connor Hawke
Mia Dearden
Stephanie Brown
Cassandra Cain
Lady Blackhawk
Kate Spencer
Wally West
Static
Helena Bertinelli
Donna Troy
Vixen

and a few more

Yeah, I'm pretty sure these characters probably will not be making a come back any time soon but I would still like to see them.

message 5: by Dan (new)

Dan Schwent (akaGunslinger) Doom Patrol
Manhunter
Starman (Jack Knight)

message 6: by Travis (new)

Travis (travisHiltz) | 413 comments Been introducing my daughter to the DC universe by loaning her a bunch of back issues of 'Brave and the Bold' and realized that what the new 52 needs is a team up comic series.
I love those: DC Comics Presents, B+B, Marvel Two in one, all of them.

message 7: by Dan (new)

Dan Schwent (akaGunslinger) Travis wrote: "Been introducing my daughter to the DC universe by loaning her a bunch of back issues of 'Brave and the Bold' and realized that what the new 52 needs is a team up comic series.
I love those: DC Com..."

Oh yeah! Back when characters rarely appeared in more than two books a month, it was the only way to see crossovers. One of the first comics I remember owning was an issue of DC Comics Presents.

message 8: by Ardhan (new)

Ardhan Yoga | 10 comments I'd like to see Impulse and Beast Boy again in DC Comics. I loved the old Teen Titans when it's all about friendship, and tottaly "Titans Together". Ravager idea for this new Teen Titans is bad i think, moreover superboy become this brat. And, again, a conspiracy story about goverment undergound organization really disturbing the issue. I love to see an easy going character like Impulse and Beast Boy be included in this "deep serious" Teen Titans to throw jokes and melting the situation. Glad thing DC bringing up old friendship about Hal and Barry in Justice League

message 9: by Travis (new)

Travis (travisHiltz) | 413 comments Ardhan wrote: "I'd like to see Impulse and Beast Boy again in DC Comics. I loved the old Teen Titans when it's all about friendship, and tottaly "Titans Together". Ravager idea for this new Teen Titans is bad i t..."

I agree that a huge dose of 'Hey, you know what would be fun...!' is much needed in the New 52.

message 10: by Bob (new)

Bob Mine did happen with the Legion of Super Heroes and Legion Lost. I just hope that they start doing some crossovers with other books in the DC universe to bring more people into the fold and so that Legion of Super Heroes doesn't meet the same fate as Legion Lost.

message 11: by Jim (new)

Jim Ratkowski | 8 comments Jason Todd to reform and run the Outsiders. I like Red Hood and the Outlaws, but one or two more on the team would be fun to see, maybe Wally West.

message 12: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Clough (BrendaClough) | 130 comments Alas, I dropped LEGION after 30 years. If they cannot hang onto me, they're toast.

message 13: by Grace (new)

Grace (Fives) | 14 comments Brenda wrote: "Alas, I dropped LEGION after 30 years. If they cannot hang onto me, they're toast."

I've been seeing a lot of hate on Legion, why is that?

message 14: by Robert (new)

Robert Wright (RHWright) | 64 comments Legion and Legion Lost were good books. Not great. Good. Adequate. Fun books worth my money.

I think the big problem is that, creatively, they tried to maintain them outside New 52 continuity. They seemingly remembered pre-Flashpoint events. This made any crossovers problematic.

With Legion Lost, even though it was in the present reboot universe, they held themselves mostly aside because the present day heroes couldn't know of them or their time-traveling mission.

In Legion, it just seemed adrift, much like what happened to the book after Crisis on Infinite Earths. Levitz can still crank out a fun Legion story, but it seemed so much like DC was indulging Legion fans and Levitz with a book that only die-hard Legion fans would remotely be interested in.

And when you're just turning out average stories, even some of those core fans start to drift away.

I think I'll start a thread just about it, as Legion talk has crept into several threads I'm in.

message 15: by Luis (new)

Luis Ortiz-martinez | 5 comments Fan Comic:
Zan and Jayna come to earth. The JL belive they are darkseid's followers and there is a battle. They bring gleek in and he is a giant blue gorilla and he takes out green lantern and flash. They nearly beat the wonder twins when they touch. booom! Zan punches aquaman when he turns into ice superman uses his heat vision and he combust to vapor.then he turns to water and says " IMPRESS ME KRYPTONIAN".His hand turns to ice and punches superman. jayna battles wonder woman and beats her when she turns into a lion/ape creature. Trevor arrives and stops the fight. the wonder twins were brought there for a reason: darkseid is attacking their home planet.

message 16: by Luis (new)

Luis Ortiz-martinez | 5 comments I want to see wonder twins

message 17: by Travis (new)

Travis (travisHiltz) | 413 comments While I have my doubts about the Twins being able to take out the JLA, I like the idea of Gleek being a blue alien gorilla.

You probably have a better chance of seeing the Wonder Twins in the new 52 than I have of ever seeing Apache Chief in the comics.