City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) City of Lost Souls discussion

Team Mortal Instruments Or Team Infernal Devices

Comments (showing 1-39 of 39) (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Which are you Team Mortal Instruments or Infernal Devices?
Haha I'm making you choose...you can't pick both.
So what team are you on?
0_0 serious face

message 2: by Shweta (new) - added it

Shweta I'd say the mortal instruments because they are the first series i read from cassandra clare book.

Avani There are no teams >.<

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Avani wrote: "There are no teams >.<"

I know... I'm just interested in which you like better?

message 5: by Jac (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jac Team Infernal Devices. I like Clare's writing much better in this series than in the Mortal Instruments series. Plus, the Tessa is more relatable.

Anjali I love the Infernal Devices!! I mean, TMI is really good, but the love triangle is much better in TID.

message 7: by Ashley (last edited Oct 06, 2012 05:25PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ashley Anjali wrote: "I love the Infernal Devices!! I mean, TMI is really good, but the love triangle is much better in TID."

I totally agree! I read TMI first and I thought that series was amazing and then I started to read TDI and I wasn't able to put it down and couldn't stop talking about it! In TMI Clary is a great character but a bit clingy but Tessa is way more independent. I'm TEAM THE INFERNAL DEVICES!!!!

Gabby ARRRG! This is so hard to decide! I like the Mortal Instruments series because it is set in the modern day, and the characters are younger, but I love the Infernal Devices, because of the love triangle. I mean, seriously, how can you choose between those guys!

diana Undoubtedly, Team The Infernal Devices!! :)

Anjali Ashley wrote: "Anjali wrote: "I love the Infernal Devices!! I mean, TMI is really good, but the love triangle is much better in TID."

I totally agree! I read TMI first and I thought that series was amazing and t..."

Definitely!!

Jazmin TID!!!!!!!!!!! no competition :D

message 12: by Jackie (last edited Oct 09, 2012 06:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jackie The Infernal Devices :)
I love the 19th century, the fashion and how they talk, as in formal manners e.g. Miss Gray, etc.
I find historical fiction more interesting.
And plus, the characters in TID are better and more interesting, especially the protagonists. Like for example, Clary can be a bit stupid (in CoLS) (view spoiler)

Gabby SHould we have a scoreboard?

Fiona The infernal devices all the way, i hate clary plus Will's in the infernal devices that wins the argument straight away

Ashley Gabby wrote: "SHould we have a scoreboard?"

We totally should

Gabby Awesome. Will Post one now :)

Gabby Current Scoreboard:

TID-7
TMI-1

Ashley Awesome! GO TID!!!

Gabby (Sorry TMI :)

Vote for TMI, looks like they need the support :)

Anjali They have 6 books for support. TID onlt has three so far.

message 21: by Jackie (last edited Oct 12, 2012 03:37PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jackie Anjali wrote: "They have 6 books for support. TID onlt has three so far."

Yes true but TID was better written in terms of plot, romance and etc. In fact, i think Clockwork Prince was the best book written by Clare. However in TMI, books 1-3 were great, 4th book was crap, 5th book was ok (some pros and cons). I honestly think TMI was good as a trilogy. But i can understand why Clare extended the series because of TID (to link).

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm starting to dislike TMI the more I think about it, so TID

Alexandra Team INFERNAL DEVICES!!! The characters are so complex (as is the plot), the writing is simply GORGEOUS, and it is just heartbreakingly beautiful, tragic and HYSTERICAL all at the same time. I have a great appreciation for TMI since it brought me into the Shadowhunter books over four years ago, but the writing isn't quite as good as TID, and I'm so much more attatched to the ID characters than the MI ones. LOVE these books!

Ashley TMI does have several books but you don't get as hooked on it as you do with TID

Phuong I luv Infernal Device for the love triangle. It was so romantic and heartbreaking. But I luv Mortal Instrument for the plot and conflicts.

TID-10
TMI-2

Kristen Quigley Infernal Devices! So much more attached to the characters with half as many books! Plus Magnus is in them and that's basically a huge deciding factor.

Tricia Honestly, Im peeved by this whole Tessa + Jem thing...so out of spite...Im gonna say TMI. lol

Plus, I really love Simon + Izzy, Clary + Jace, Magnus + Alec...talk about your DRAMA. lol IJS...

Brianna The Infernal Devices.
I like anything Victorian, so when I first read Clockwork Angel I was instently hooked. I also like the steampunk creatures. I also think Jem (whom I love) and his situation is so hearbreaking. And the love triangle! And Will! And...
So yeah. I like the Infernal Devices better.

Ashley Gabby wrote: "Current Scoreboard:

TID-10
TMI-2"

Even though this score makes it sound like TMI is bad I just want to point out that it is good too and that TID is just better written. Also, I probably wouldn't have read TID if I hadn't read TMI and liked it. Just saying

Nurlely Team?

I love TMI because I love the characters in the series. Jace (definitely), Clary, Isabelle, Magnus, Alec, Simon (after he opens his eyes) and others. Even the evil Seelie Queen and her fairies. I like Sebastian as the evil character but I wish Lily didn't meet her death that soon. But I love TMI most because of Jace and his relationship with Clary. No Jace + Clary means no love.

I love ID because of Will. I also love Tessa and will read more only if Will is with Tessa. I think Jem is a boring character with all his kindness and dying thingy. I am glad when CC decided to make him selfish by rushing his proposal to Tessa. I am so happy with Cecily character. She will help revealing the truth about Will. I am looking forward to read more about her.

Team?
Characters? TMI
Storyline? ID ( I love all about Victorian era)

I will say I am Team Jace & Will.

Jessica Mortal Instruments! They started my love of paranormal Young-adult books.

Tricia Ashley wrote: "Gabby wrote: "Current Scoreboard:

TID-10
TMI-2"

Even though this score makes it sound like TMI is bad I just want to point out that it is good too and that TID is just better written. Also, I pro..."

You didnt count me for TMI... :(

Amanda (BookMuffins) I personally like TID series better.
But TMI is totally awesome as well!

They are, technically, both unique and like-able in their own way.

Gabby Ashley wrote: "Gabby wrote: "Current Scoreboard:

TID-10
TMI-2"

Even though this score makes it sound like TMI is bad I just want to point out that it is good too and that TID is just better written. Also, I pro..."

Yeah. I know because they're both great!

Gabby Tricia wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Gabby wrote: "Current Scoreboard:

TID-10
TMI-2"

Even though this score makes it sound like TMI is bad I just want to point out that it is good too and that TID is just better writt..."

Okay. I'll get to it as soon as i can. Promise.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

TID has better writing, better plot better era better charactera better EVERYTHING. Thats just what i think. TMI was just meh

TID-10 +5
TMI-2 +6

----
TID- 15
TMI- 8