Literary Fiction by People of Color discussion

Literary Obama

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Qiana (last edited Feb 11, 2009 11:16AM) (new)

Qiana | 189 comments Dear Friends & Fellow Readers:

I've started editing a new blog called "Literary Obama." Please take a look and let me know what you think. I'm also looking for guests posts, book reviews, or original creative writing about Obama. (I'm already planning to email Jo to see if I can reprint her great inaugural poem!)

http://literaryobama.wordpress.com

Here's a more detailed description:

Literary Obama is a blog about President Barack Obama and the creative works that he inspires (or that have inspired him). My goal is simply to keep track of original writing by notable authors and everyday citizens as well as book reviews and essays, links, quotes, videos, and photographs that celebrate our 44th President’s love of reading. When possible, I also hope to include literary news about our First Lady Michelle Obama and their daughters, Malia and Sasha.

Thanks!

message 2: by Wilhelmina (new)

Wilhelmina Jenkins | 2049 comments And can you believe that we actually have a president who HAS a literary life to blog about! What a great idea, Qiana! And, jo, I do hope that you post your excellent poem.

message 3: by jo (new)

jo | 1031 comments just saw these two posts. thank you both for your kind consideration. i'm reworking the poem, and taking my time doing it :( but one day soon it will be ready!!!

great idea, qiana. i still feel some meltingness inside when i hear the words president and obama used in combination. and i know know know that my avatar is totally corny, but i'm so incredibly stoked that we have someone smart and compassionate in the white house, i want to celebrate him as much as i can. i am bush-shocked, man.

now let's pray that this stimulus package works...

message 4: by Qiana (new)

Qiana | 189 comments I with you on the meltingnesss! Let's hope the feeling never passes...

message 5: by Jean (new)

Jean | 141 comments Qiana, I love your blog. I bookmarked it so that I can stay in touch. Thank you for your going forth with a great idea.

message 6: by Rona (new)

Rona Fernandez (ronagirl9) | 104 comments Although I'm not one to dwell on the past, I have to admit I rented 'W.' the Oliver Stone pic about George W. Bush, the other night, and I have to say, what a relief and a joy it is to know have a president who can not only string words together beautifully and not butcher the English language the way our former President did but who is also: African-American; a child of an immigrant father. an openly biracial person; a progressive; a literate, learned man; an inspiration to writers and artists all over the world; a brilliant intellectual; a great politician; etc. etc. etc....Ah! Lovin' the age of Obama!

message 7: by jo (new)

jo | 1031 comments and that he, er, cares? about america? and americans? and the rest of the world? what a difference to have a prez who actually f***ing cares!

how is W-the-movie?