Bookworm Buddies discussion

Buddy Reads > Lost Boy, Lost Girl by Peter Straub

Comments (showing 1-26 of 26) (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2970 comments I have no idea when we would get to this one, but I thought I'd post it now to see if anyone would be interested in reading it with me.

message 2: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Janie Johnson | 13469 comments Mod
I will read it with you Holly. I have not read any books solely written by Peter straub, although I have a couple. I do not have this one yet, but I will look for it.

message 3: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2970 comments I've read one by him, Dark Matter, and I really enjoyed it.
Ok, sounds good. There's a sequel to it, called In the Night Room. I'll post that one once we get this one under way.

message 4: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

ok sounds good!

message 5: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2970 comments Awesome!

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (NoisyReading) | 327 comments I have read a few of Straub's books and have a couple more on my TBR list. I am not familiar with this title but enjoy his books so I would like to join you in this read. :)

message 7: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2970 comments Awesome Tracy! Welcome aboard!

message 8: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Awesome Tracy! The more the merrier!

message 9: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2970 comments Hey guys, maybe sometime in December for this one? If not, we can hold it off until the new year.

message 10: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (last edited Oct 05, 2012 12:19PM) (new)

December would be the best for me I think because I possibly have the Dark Tower reads starting in January.

message 11: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 794 comments I could go for a buddy-read of this, I've had it on my TBR for awhile now, along with a few others by Straub. My only experience reading him was with SK in The Talisman, lol.

message 12: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2970 comments Janie wrote: "December would be the best for me I think because I possibly have the Dark Tower reads starting in January."

Ok, cool. We'll figure out a start date soon then.

message 13: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (last edited Oct 05, 2012 03:11PM) (new)

Same here Kit and welcome aboard, I have heard a lot of good reviews on Straub books, so that is a plus.

message 14: by Chuck (new)

Chuck (GeneralTHC) Count me in... I have a bunch of Straub books just waiting to be read and this is one of them.

message 15: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2970 comments Great Chuck!

message 16: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 2695 comments I haven't read much of Straub's work (The Talisman, Black House, and The Hellfire Club,) but I'd definitely like to read more of him. Years ago, I tried Lost Boy, Lost Girl, though I couldn't really get into it. I'd certainly give it another go, though!

message 17: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (last edited Oct 06, 2012 01:42PM) (new)

This is so cool guys, and so totally random, but I got this app for my phone called Color Note. You can make lists and such, so now I have several lists with the book titles I want to get. Normally I have index cards and I take them with me when we go to the UBS. And I just added this book lol. This is so much easier. Just wanted to share.

message 18: by Dustin (new)

Dustin | 2695 comments Hey, that's awesome news, Janie! Thank you for sharing.

message 19: by Tim (new)

Tim | 139 comments Janie wrote: "This is so cool guys, and so totally random, but I got this app for my phone called Color Note. You can make lists and such, so now I have several lists with the book titles I want to get. Normally..."

That sounds cool, but I can always access goodreads on my smartphone. Why would you use color note when you can use goodreads? I'm just asking to see if there's more utility to the app as opposed to GR

message 20: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (last edited Oct 06, 2012 03:15PM) (new)

Color notes work best for me because I like to use my wi fi so i dont use my data up by accessing internet, and I cant get wifi from our UBS. So color notes is a blessing. we have 4 on our plan.

message 21: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (NoisyReading) | 327 comments Janie wrote: "This is so cool guys, and so totally random, but I got this app for my phone called Color Note. You can make lists and such, so now I have several lists with the book titles I want to get. Normally..."

I have a "dumb" phone but love the idea of an index card. Duh, I can't believe I never thought of that myself. Thanks Janie!

message 22: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

LOL Tracy you made me chuckle at the "dumb" phone comment. Yea the index cards are a nice idea too. I usually write the Authors name on the top and then books below it.

message 23: by Tim (last edited Oct 06, 2012 04:12PM) (new)

Tim | 139 comments I wish we had a real UBS in town. The closest we have is a Hastings . They sell used books, but they're only 20% off retail, not exactly a great deal.

message 24: by Lee (new)

Lee (LeeShirk) | 556 comments Janie wrote: "LOL Tracy you made me chuckle at the "dumb" phone comment. Yea the index cards are a nice idea too. I usually write the Authors name on the top and then books below it."

I use Evernote on my phone because it works both online and offline, plus I can make notes on my phone, my computer, or my tablet and then it all syncs together. I think it is the best program ever made. I even pay for the yearly subscription so I can encrypt my business data in case I ever lose my phone.

message 25: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (last edited Oct 06, 2012 04:43PM) (new)

Tim wrote: "I wish we had a real UBS in town. The closest we have is a Hastings . They sell used books, but they're only 20% off retail, not exactly a great deal."

Yea Tim our UBS is a life saver since I purchase so many books. And they have just about anything I want except for the newer releases. Just depends on what people take in there.

Chuck wrote: "I've been doing pretty good with 5 gigs and my Five Spot for a while now but it looks like I'll be paying for 7 gigs this month. Youtube will kill ya! Haha"

LOL Yep youtube will do it to ya! We generally dont use the internet while out unless there is wi fi in the area. Like at our coffee shop near the UBS lol.

Lee wrote: "I use Evernote on my phone because it works both online and offline, plus I can make notes on my phone, my computer, or my tablet and then it all syncs together. I think it is the best program ever made. I even pay for the yearly subscription so I can encrypt my business data in case I ever lose my phone."

Yea Lee I saw that app too. Sounds like a good deal for you! :)

message 26: by Bojana (new)

Bojana (bPop) Tim wrote: "Janie wrote: "This is so cool guys, and so totally random, but I got this app for my phone called Color Note. You can make lists and such, so now I have several lists with the book titles I want to..."
I also use the GR app when I am shopping for books. I think that the 'Scan' option is the best. It often helps me pick out a good book when I am shopping ad hoc (no lists, no plans, no intentions).