The Sword and Laser discussion

Cloud Atlas
This topic is about Cloud Atlas
Sword and Laser Video Show > S&L Video- #13 Pt. 2- Cloud Atlas Kick-off & Your Feedback!

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becca (new)

Becca (Becca_Canote) | 101 comments With a movie adaptation coming to theatres on October 26th, we kick-off David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas, check in with the folks over on Goodreads, and Tom shows off some pervy pulp fiction covers!

http://youtu.be/CNNydsyjCIQ

Enjoy!

message 2: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris (KVolk) | 797 comments Thanks for the show!

message 3: by Tamahome (new) - added it

Tamahome | 5095 comments But is there any Gangnam Style?

P. Aaron Potter (PAaronPotter) | 585 comments I would pay good money...well, okay, mediocre money...to see Tom go Gangnam Style.

message 5: by Rasnac (new)

Rasnac | 336 comments P. Aaron wrote: "I would pay good money...well, okay, mediocre money...to see Tom go Gangnam Style."

...while Veronica sings the song! :D

message 6: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim | 477 comments Tom has Bodies Are Where You Find Them? My Pulp Fiction book club is reading that this month but it's so hard to find a reasonably priced copy.

Michael (The_Smoking_GNU) | 178 comments Tamahome wrote: "But is there any Gangnam Style?"

Probably pre-recorded too long in advance.

message 8: by Brandon (new) - added it

Brandon Zarzyczny (BigZ7337) | 5 comments Hm, I wonder if it'd be better to read it before seeing the movie, or after. Usually I don't like to spoil movies if I haven't already read the book, but for something as potentially confusing as Cloud Atlas, it might be a boon to have read it before seeing it.

Also, I can't believe that the kindle version is actually 3 dollars more expensive than the paperback version (the only physical option on Amazon). If I do read it, I think I'll be either torrenting it or borrowing it from the library.

Michael (The_Smoking_GNU) | 178 comments Brandon wrote: "Hm, I wonder if it'd be better to read it before seeing the movie, or after. Usually I don't like to spoil movies if I haven't already read the book, but for something as potentially confusing as C..."

Cloud Atlas is not confusing in the way Primer is confusing. It's more like Babel, so no need to read the book beforehand to keep up with the movie.

message 10: by Ezra (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezra Farber | 26 comments I'm here to stick up for Eye in the Sky. Really cool book, and Becca, it totally couldn't be called "pervy pulp fiction." no worries, though. Tom, I love the cover on that edition! And I love that smell of those books.

I also thought it would be cute if one of you read notes off an ipad and the other read off an old-looking scroll!

message 11: by Ronan (last edited Oct 07, 2012 06:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ronan O'Driscoll | 13 comments Great show and great book choice! Here's a funny blog where they just show dodgy sci-fi and fantasy covers: http://www.goodshowsir.co.uk/

Apologies if its been mentioned in another thread.

message 12: by Becca (new)

Becca (Becca_Canote) | 101 comments Ezra wrote: "I'm here to stick up for Eye in the Sky. Really cool book, and Becca, it totally couldn't be called "pervy pulp fiction." no worries, though. Tom, I love the cover on that edition! And I love that ..."

'Eye in the Sky' definitely doesn't fall into the pervy cover category, its a book I really enjoyed when I read it. I was referring to such classics as "Naked on Roller Skates" and "Martian Sexpot."