The Trench discussion

America's Greatest President

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill | 467 comments This is sort of a follow up to a spirited and revealing Axis discussion on a post noting Reagan's birthday. To this day, you discuss Reagan with a liberal and your guaranteed to get mentions of Bonzo and Iran-Contra. Neither of those missives even begins to equate to an informed and rational discussion. Yes, I know, rational discussion with a liberal.

The discussion truly reveals how blind to history and reality liberals are. In fact, to be a liberal practically requires one to be willfully ignorant. Case in point: a recent gallup poll out asking a simple question - Greatest Amderican President Ever?

Results:
Reagan: 24%
Kennedy: 22%
Lincoln: 22%
FDR: 18%
Washington 8%

Moreover, these results continue to be consistent.
Notice - No Carter, no Clinton.

Vindication.

Link to full story:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/114292/Bes...

message 2: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 17 comments Reagan was great but Washington was the best.

Servius  Heiner  | 361 comments Mod
I am not sure if Washington was the best; his Character was something that people could hold on to in a time of uncertainty. His actions DID hold the country together in it's infancy, so I guess we could be thankful for that, but then again looking around and seeing what were doing with that opportunity...

message 4: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments how do you "un-subscribe" to a group? i still get updates on the axis forum.

history is finally catching up to F.D.R. books are being written on the ways he screwed this country. will probably take another 20 years for that to happen to kennedy. carter was a spectacular failure from the word go. and he never cultivated the herd of intelligentsia that acts as flak catchers for other democrats.

washington deserves his spot. almost as much for the things he didn't do. he established precedents of restraint that really served the country well.