Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Oct 2012: Poison Study > Poison Study Casting

Comments (showing 1-28 of 28) (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashlynn (new)

Ashlynn | 22 comments So maybe it was just me but as soon as I realized Valek was supposed to be attractive not just some old mentor guy I instantly could not stop picturing Richard Armatige!

message 2: by Eliste (new)

Eliste | 111 comments I kept thinking of Richard Gere, especially his hair, but then he started moving and that illusion broke.

message 3: by Tegan (new)

Tegan (joggiwagga) | 276 comments To me Richard Gere's face is wrong, I'm getting someone with more of a Adam Levine feel (minus the tats).

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 32 comments Richard Armitage is a good choice!

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 266 comments I liked Carey Mulligan for Yelena. She can do vulnerable she's small but I think she can kick ass too.

For Valek I think Michael Fassbender (magneto in the reboot). He's sexy and the right age. I think he could pull of stealthy. Plus this story made me think of Jane Eyre a little bit.

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Gillan (samanthagillan) Maybe I've been watching too much Once Upon A Time, but I immediately pictured Yelena as Emilie de Ravin (Belle).

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (LunaKaos) | 165 comments I think Rose Byrne could be great at Yelena
Valek I would think someone like Gerard Butler
James Franco and Orlando Bloom for Ari and Janco
Maybe someone like Ewan McGregor for Rand.
Dominic West as General Brazell and Ed Westwick as his son.
Commander Ambrose is a little harder to cast, Though tilda swinton comes to mind I'm not sure.

message 8: by Dana (new)

Dana I like Richard Armitage as Valek. What a good pick!

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather | 2 comments I imagined Tom Hiddleston as Valek while I was reading.

message 10: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (Wildflowerz) | 74 comments I saw Valek as Daniel Craig. More of a Lord Asriel Daniel Craig, less the beard, rather than Bond, of course. And I saw Yelana as a Jennifer Lawrence.

Picture that in your head. Now picture them together. Doesn't look right, does it? That's how I saw Yelana and Valek in the book. :-\

message 11: by Shila (new)

Shila | 11 comments Samantha wrote: "Maybe I've been watching too much Once Upon A Time, but I immediately pictured Yelena as Emilie de Ravin (Belle)."

I never thought of her while reading but that would be cool. I've loved her since Lost!

message 12: by Shila (new)

Shila | 11 comments I was thinking David Bowie for the Commander.

message 13: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia (Sylviemarie) | 5 comments I kept picturing Goran Visnjic (practical magic bad guy) as Valek, and Charlotte Riley as Yelena...I could totally see Armitage as Valek though :)

message 14: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Mchale | 10 comments The whole time it was Tom Hiddleston as Valek for me. Sarah Bolger (Mary Tudor in The Tudors) as Yelena.

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 20 comments Shila wrote: "I was thinking David Bowie for the Commander."

I never would have thought of that, but Bowie as the Commander sounds amazing! I couldn't picture Valek...not even in the skintight body suit sections.

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 2 comments I was thinking Tilda Swinton for the Commander, and either Richard Armitage or Ian Somerhalder for Valek.

message 17: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Moravec (dazmond) | 6 comments Out of what's been said I definitely like Charlotte Riley for Yelena and Richard Armitage for Valek! In the book Yelena has long dark hair and a darker skin complexion than the Northerners, which is something people seemed to have missed from looking at the suggestions?

Anywho, I saw Ari and Janco as tall and heavy set, not necessarily attractive but more... friend zoney guys with lots of muscle bulk.

Tilda Swinton does have a nice sense of gender fluidity and I think she could play a good transgender male :)

message 18: by April (new)

April (Purple_Reign) | 9 comments Emily wrote: "I liked Carey Mulligan for Yelena. She can do vulnerable she's small but I think she can kick ass too.

For Valek I think Michael Fassbender (magneto in the reboot). He's sexy and the right age. I..."

LOVE the idea of Fassbender as Valek, throughout the book I have been picturing Fassbender as Valek since I do think that that actor has the kind of range/physique/face/vibe for him. I am also thinking of Joesph Gordon Levitt as Rand maybe :)

message 19: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 221 comments Maybe Alex Pettyfer as one of the Power Twins?

message 20: by Ashlynn (new)

Ashlynn | 22 comments Lauren wrote: "I was thinking Tilda Swinton for the Commander, and either Richard Armitage or Ian Somerhalder for Valek."

Am I the only person who pretty much pictures Ian Somerhalder for every romantic male role no matter how he is supposed to look?

message 21: by April (new)

April (Purple_Reign) | 9 comments Lauren wrote: "I was thinking Tilda Swinton for the Commander, and either Richard Armitage or Ian Somerhalder for Valek."

Tilda Swinton as the Commander - Brilliant!

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahrobins) | 65 comments Richard Armitage would be good. I was also thinking of Kit Harington (Jon Snow on Game of Thrones). Not sure who I would cast as Yelena, though.

I love the idea of David Bowie as the commander. That is perfect! Ari and Janco are tougher. In my head Ari was shorter but lean and Janco was tall and more muscular.

To be honest a lot of the people in my head were cast by the actors from Game of Thrones ie: Janco was Ser Jorah, Reyad was Jaime Lannister, Yelena was Daenerys (even though the coloring is all wrong).

message 23: by Jane (new)

Jane Higginson | 180 comments I rarely cast people but I could see someone like Eliza Dushku as yelena

message 24: by Jackie (last edited Oct 21, 2012 04:51PM) (new)

Jackie Correa (jackie_correa) | 16 comments Kristin Kreuk as Yelena.
image: description

message 25: by Brittney (new)

Brittney | 49 comments For Valek I saw Wesley from the Princess Bride.

message 26: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Drew (ljdrew) | 27 comments I saw Daniel Craig as Valek too. I don't usually cast in my head when we read these but he fit the bill and would be good at that too-business-like-to-consider-attractive-oh-look!-those-eyes-are-dreamy...

message 27: by Aimee (new)

Aimee Springer (Minella) | 4 comments I normally have a hard time casting people, but I had Nina Dobrev in my mind for Yelena.

I love both the thought of David Bowie or Tilda Swanson as the Commander. Either would work for me.

message 28: by Romi (new)

Romi Kuda | 1 comments I have met with the author at a book signing before and I asked her about her casting choices. She said for Yelena- Summer Glau; Valek- Ben Barnes :)