Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

Let's compare weather! > Weather - Wed. Feb. 11, 2009 - What's YOUR weather?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Feb 11, 2009 06:24AM) (new)

Joy H. (JoyofGlensFalls) | 16323 comments Glens Falls, NY - Wed. Feb. 11, 2009
Temp at 9:18 AM-ET: 35°F (2°C)

WOW! WE'RE GOING UP TO 46 DEGREES TODAY!
That will seem absolutely balmy!

Today: A chance of showers after noon.
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46.
Southwest wind between 5 and 8 mph.
Chance of precipitation is 40%.
New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tonight: Showers. Low around 37.
South wind between 5 and 7 mph.
Chance of precipitation is 100%.
New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4050 comments It's nice out even now. Ahh, to have a little warm weather is going to be great!

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim (JimMacLachlan) | 5919 comments We're supposed to get blown away today starting in mid afternoon. I hear a town in Oklahoma got hit. Generally the winds aren't that severe here, although they are a lot heavier than we were used to in MD. Last year a whole bunch of tornadoes came through about this time. Was it 37 in the state or something? It was rough. None up our way, thank goodness.

message 4: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (JoyofGlensFalls) | 16323 comments Jim, those tornadoes are deadly. I saw the damage in OK on TV. Terrible.

Jackie, I hope you enjoyed the nice weather today. I'll bet Juneau did!

message 5: by Mike (new)

Mike It's 46 degrees here, though we actually hit 65 today. Terrible windstorm going on at the moment...

message 6: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (JoyofGlensFalls) | 16323 comments Hi Mike. I see that you're in Columbus, OH. It's so unusual to hit 65 at this time of year.

Our current temp is 34°F (1°C) here in Glens Falls, NY. That's so much better than the near zero weather we've been having for so long. No wind atm.

message 7: by Mike (new)

Mike We had a very cold and snowy January, but somehow managed a brief February thaw. The snow and ice finally melted a few days ago. After a few days of abnormal warmth, we'll soon be heading back into winter though...

message 8: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (JoyofGlensFalls) | 16323 comments Mike wrote: "We had a very cold and snowy January, but somehow managed a brief February thaw. The snow and ice finally melted a few days ago. After a few days of abnormal warmth, we'll soon be heading back into..."

Mike, our snow and ice is still melting. But yes, winter isn't over yet!

We don't have much longer to wait until spring though. The days are getting longer.
So we just have to hang on a few months more.