Love Unrehearsed (Love, #2) Love Unrehearsed discussion

Homewrecker

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra I am dissapointed that the author used this word to describe Amy in the book. There is no such thing as a home wrecker.

Amy is clearly not a nice person, but why does the woman always get the blame? Gary is the one with the commitment to someone. He is the one who is married. In the book, Pete apparently saw that Amy and Gary had an instant connection when they met, and he told Amy to stay away from him. Shouldn't he have told Gary to stay away from her?

I don't like Amy, but am I completely off base to think that Gary is the one who should take more responsibility? A human is a person who can make choices of their own, not an object who can be stolen.

KarenH Home wrecker is the slang term for a person who engages in an affair with someone knowing that he/she belongs to someone else. Amy is a friend of Tammy's so she knew Gary was married from the start. IMO the term fits her perfectly.

Maybe Pete didn't say anything to Gary because he didn't think it necessary. They are best friends so he knows Gary never cheated on Marie before. They seemed happy enough until Amy came into the picture. Then soon after Amy is half naked answering the door at the house Marie still shares with Gary? You're right, home wrecker is the right term...slut is much better.

Stacey Agree with Karen...Home wrecker is a nice way of describing her. Anyone that starts a relationship with someone when they know they are in a relationship with someone else whould be defined as a home wrecker/relationship wrecker etc. Its not saying Gary gets away with no blame- its just calling it like it is.

message 4: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Yes, I never said Amy was right. She was wrong, she made poor choices. But Gary was the one who was married. I guess it's easier saying that Amy was the evil person who stole Gary away from Marie. It is said in the book that Gary never treated Marie the way he should have, even before Amy came along.

Carole Alexandra wrote: "Yes, I never said Amy was right. She was wrong, she made poor choices. But Gary was the one who was married. I guess it's easier saying that Amy was the evil person who stole Gary away from Marie. ..."

Amy can't steal anyone who is content and happy. They mentioned that Gary didn't treat Marie right, but it could be that also Marie didn't treat Gary right.

message 6: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Carole wrote: "Alexandra wrote: "Yes, I never said Amy was right. She was wrong, she made poor choices. But Gary was the one who was married. I guess it's easier saying that Amy was the evil person who stole Gary..." I agree.

KarenH Carole wrote: "Alexandra wrote: "Yes, I never said Amy was right. She was wrong, she made poor choices. But Gary was the one who was married. I guess it's easier saying that Amy was the evil person who stole Gary..."

They are both equally to blame and that's how it was portrayed in the book. Why did Amy put herself out there in the first place? Why did she get involved with a married man? Regardless if Gary was unhappy in his marriage, he was still off limits. Nobody said that Amy was the "evil person who stole Gary" but there aren't a whole lot of nice adjectives to describe a woman who knowingly has an affair with a married man. Home wrecker works for me. ;)

message 8: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Sorry, but I have to disagree. I don't think they have equal parts in the divorce.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, Amy made wrong choices. I think we all agree on that. But Gary was the one that was married, therefore he should have a larger part of the demise of their marriage.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

KarenH Oh well, it all worked out in the end...the cheaters got each other and Marie found someone 10 times better.

message 10: by Paris (kerbytejas) (last edited Oct 19, 2012 02:59PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Paris        (kerbytejas) Alexandra wrote: "I am dissapointed that the author used this word to describe Amy in the book. There is no such thing as a home wrecker.

Amy is clearly not a nice person, but why does the woman always get the bla..."

I don't really think we got to know Amy much in this story, and I really would have like to have Gary's side of the failed marriage explored better. The long and sort of it is it takes two to tangle - all three Gary, Marie and Amy were responsible for the failed marriage. Although Marie may not have known what was going on, she could have attempted early on to intervene in the marriage sliding to the dark side, if she did then I would take her out of the equation, saying she tried.
I think Gary's behavior was inexcusable, and i'm sure authorities would have allowed her to get her stuff if they had been notified of the situation

message 11: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Paris (kerbytejas) wrote: "Alexandra wrote: "I am dissapointed that the author used this word to describe Amy in the book. There is no such thing as a home wrecker.

Amy is clearly not a nice person, but why does the woman ..."

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. His behavior was completely wrong, he was a horrible man. I found it weird that she didn't call the cops or something. No one is going to lock me out of my own house.

message 12: by P.A. (new) - rated it 4 stars

P.A. Lupton Alexandra wrote: "Yes, I never said Amy was right. She was wrong, she made poor choices. But Gary was the one who was married. I guess it's easier saying that Amy was the evil person who stole Gary away from Marie. ..."

I get the point you are making here, but I don't think applying the term home wrecker to her in any way lessens his responsibility in the situation. Like Karen said, the term fits her perfectly. Just because she's a home wrecker though, doesn't mean he's not a douchebag. LOL

Felicia Alexandra wrote: "Sorry, but I have to disagree. I don't think they have equal parts in the divorce.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, Amy made wrong choices. I think we all agree on that. But Gary was the one ..."

I totally agree with you. Gary was married, therefore he carried the greater responsiblilty/burden and he was more to blame. Amy wasn't blameless, but Gary should receive the lion's share of the blame.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I found it interesting that Amy was portrayed as the primary reason for the demise of Marie and Gary's marriage. Amy is in the wrong for pursuing a relationship with a married man; Gary is wrong for having a relationship with a woman outside his marriage...of this no one is in doubt regardless of the adjectives we use to describe the players.

But what about Marie's part in the demise of her and Gary's marriage?? That is not really discussed at all. Marie is portrayed as an innocent victim in this whole matter. Things weren't good for Marie and Gary long before Amy came into the picture. Throughout both books, I had some serious issues with Marie. She seemed more involved in Taryn's life with Ryan than her own marriage. It seemed that the lux life that Taryn and Ryan were living and how Ryan treated Taryn made Marie look at her own man and relationship as not good enough. Not excusing Gary's actions but I can see how that can break down a marriage and how someone in Gary's position would rather be with someone who didn't compare him to a movie star.

Gary and Marie wrecked their own home.