Steampunk Lit discussion

Greetings!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Niziol (sparrowlight) | 1 comments In light of the fact that discussion and activity in this group has seemed quiet of late, I thought I'd rekindle some discussion.

What has everyone been reading of late? I just finished L'Invention de Hugo Cabret (review to come) which was a steampunk children's story.

message 2: by Zach (new)

Zach | 5 comments I just got here and have to say that everything that I'm seeing is new to me. I'm somewhat surprised that nothing by China Mieville is here. I just finished Iron Council and my oppinion is mixed since he seems to push his political views a bit more than usual but he also explains so much more about his world.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 25 comments I just finished reading The Rise of the Iron Moon, the 3rd installment in Stephen Hunt's loosely connected series. They have all been amazing, if you like Scott Lynch this is a hundred times better. Kinda sorta like Pullman's Dark Materials, but even more souped up. I am in love with this author, the best stuff I've read in a long time. If you want to check out, the first book is The Court of the Air