Bookworms discussion

Discussions > Which fictional world will you visit?

Comments (showing 1-29 of 29) (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I would answer one with one TIME FRAME at a time.

My current favorite is tagging along Poirot, riding on the Orient Express, snowbound in Yugoslavia. Solving the crime, being a part of a group of suspects.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

RV wrote: "I guess there are several worlds I would like to visit, but the first one would be Bertie Wooster's England. Just hang out with the guy, his friends, cousins and aunts ... and Jeeves, of course! An..."

I have heard a lot about Jeeves. Was planning to give a try. Any particular recommendation?

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Sinha | 10 comments Anirban wrote: "RV wrote: "I guess there are several worlds I would like to visit, but the first one would be Bertie Wooster's England. Just hang out with the guy, his friends, cousins and aunts ... and Jeeves, of..."

Any of them ... Right Ho Jeeves was one! Bertie and Jeeves make one hilarious pair.

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Sinha | 10 comments I would love to visit the Faraway Tree from the stories of Enid Blyton. I owe my love for reading and writing to that particular series. Would love to visit the Land of Birthdays!!

message 5: by Neena (last edited Oct 04, 2012 05:22PM) (new)

Neena (I-am-addicted-to-reading) | 9758 comments Mod
I would love to go to St. Mary Mead as Miss Marple's guest, listen to her leisure talk, her psychological analysis of human nature, what particular person do I remind her of, help her in gardening and at the same time unraveling a current mystery of anoynymous letters written to people in Mary Mead and also talking to Megan once a while out on my leisure walks...

On the other hand I would love to visit Green Gables, being a one of 'kindered soul' friend of Anne with e :), we both wondering about how people live who can't think outside the box, listening to Marilla's sensible and to the point talk, exploring lushy green fields of Green Gables

message 6: by Amit (new)

Amit Shetty (amitshetty) | 46 comments Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, not the best work of fiction I have seen but I would have loved to live in that setting.

message 7: by Poornima (new)

Poornima | 84 comments I would love to visit Hogwarts, away from the Muggle world! It would be wonderful to be part of the magical world of spells, charms, magical beasts and quidditch.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Well after reading WINTER OF THE WORLD, I also want to visit the late 1930s, the beginning of WW2.

It was frightening, but fascinating!!

message 9: by Poornima (new)

Poornima | 84 comments RV wrote: "Poornima wrote: "I would love to visit Hogwarts, away from the Muggle world! It would be wonderful to be part of the magical world of spells, charms, magical beasts and quidditch."

Presumably befo..."

oh yes! Won't be Hogwarts without Dumbledore or both the Weasly twins!

message 10: by Neena (last edited Oct 04, 2012 09:28PM) (new)

Neena (I-am-addicted-to-reading) | 9758 comments Mod
There is a series Tori O`Shea by Rett Macpherson. It`s not a great series but very cozy reads. It has a small town setting. I would love to vist that town, St Louise.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Okk TINTIN!!! Love to be with him, traveling all over the world by his side!!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Reading Ian Rankin, cant help but wonder, how it would feel to roam the streets of Glasgow!!!!

message 13: by Aparna (new)

Aparna | 192 comments South Park :P
I know its TV, but hey, it's still fiction right? I would love to be able to talk without being PC.

message 14: by Dheeraj (new)

Dheeraj Mohan | 20 comments It would be interesting to be one of the technicians, in the argument with the "prophet" robot in Asimov's, I,Robot.

message 15: by Jeyaganesh (new)

Jeyaganesh  T S (jeyaganesh) | 6 comments Hogwarts is my choice. I badly wanted to save Doby, the free elf from that knife. Deflecting it by some spell.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

221B Baker Street!

message 18: by Abhay (new)

Abhay Kulkarni | 11327 comments Mod
Good choice :-)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Abhay wrote: "Good choice :-)"

:)

message 20: by Bhavya (new)

Bhavya Mathur | 466 comments Hogwarts for me :)

message 21: by Anirudh (last edited Mar 06, 2014 04:42AM) (new)

Anirudh I would like to go this fantasy world :)

description

message 22: by Anirudh (new)

Anirudh Speaking of fictional worlds to visit. Have any one of you see this? This is Carta Marina, a map of Scandinavia drawn in 1600s I don't know if he really believed this to be true or not! But its spectacular. I would definitely want to visit this world.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia...

message 23: by Srividya (new)

Srividya I would love to be in the Estate with Lord Emsworth and his Pig from the P G Wodehouse world. Also I would love to be with Hercule Poirot as he solves various mysteries :)

message 24: by Sakshi (new)

Sakshi Agarwal | 9 comments the world of shadow-hunters created by Cassandra Clare :)
And probably in the time when Will existed <3

message 25: by Suyash (new)

Suyash Goel | 33 comments Buy second hand novels without any shipping cost + cash on delivery. Just check it out.
BOOKABRY.COM is now in Delhi / NCR.
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/bookabry
Site: www.Bookabry.com

message 26: by Prachi (new)

Prachi | 3 comments Simple, I would go to the Wood Between the Worlds (from Narnia 1) :) :)

message 27: by Mohamed (new)

Mohamed | 10 comments The Shire of Tolkien

message 28: by Kartheek (new)

Kartheek | 5 comments I want to visit Harry Potters world
magic all around us
want to join HOGWARTS-GRYFFINDOR

message 29: by Sucharita (new)

Sucharita Paul | 14 comments I would love to visit Shire and take a look at where my favourite Frodo and Sam live! I think i would also want to travel to Neverland..