Bookaholic Anonymous discussion

Hope's Daughter (The Ambrosia Sequence, #1)
This topic is about Hope's Daughter
Group Reads > Hope's Daughter - What Do You Think of the Cover?

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Nitzan Schwarz (NitzanAfterwords) | 671 comments Mod
Just as the title says; tell us here what you think of the cover; hate? like? okay? can be better? would be better if...?

Share your opinions!

message 2: by Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ (last edited Oct 11, 2012 05:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ A lot of Indie books dont have great covers, but this one is at least pretty, although very simple.

message 3: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

As someone who's read it, does it fit the story, or would you have chosen a completely different cover if it was up to you?

Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ Hmm, well, the way that the earth is in her eye makes sense, since Cassie and Balik were born on the space station and have never seen earth and are always wondering what it was like, and what their lives would have been like if they had lived there.

But at the same time, the cover seems rather peaceful, while the book is not. It is full of action and mystery and danger. The emotions that the book stirs are not displayed in the cover.

message 5: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Rebecca ♥ Ash, Four, Peeta ♥ wrote: "Hmm, well, the way that the earth is in her eye makes sense, since Cassie and Balik were born on the space station and have never seen earth and are always wondering what it was like, and what thei..."
Say you needed to design the cover, what would you have put on it? (sorry for the weird questions, I just think it's really interesting xD)

message 6: by Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ (last edited Oct 11, 2012 10:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ Yeah, it is interesting. Maybe something like Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2) by Beth Revis. It shows the romance and space. But maybe instead of being peaceful they would be running on the cover, looking over their shoulder like this The Vespertine (The Vespertine, #1) by Saundra Mitchell Perception (Clarity, #2) by Kim Harrington.

message 7: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Ohh! Those are nice ideas!

Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ Nitzan wrote: "Ohh! Those are nice ideas!"

Thanks. :)

message 9: by Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ (last edited Oct 13, 2012 10:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ I have another idea! :P What if the two covers were combined. You could keep the eye, but have it less of a focus, something like this The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa, and then have stars and space in the back and maybe still the ppl running, but just smaller, like this Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2) by Shannon Delany.

message 10: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Ohh! That's a cool idea! :O I think that'll be a really good cover!

message 11: by Melanie (new) - added it

Melanie Cusick-Jones (MelC-J) | 1 comments Thanks for featuring Hope's Daughter in your group reads this month - it was a nice surprise to see it when I came on Goodreads.

Rebecca - I love your cover ideas, you should do it as a job! :)

It's really interesting for me to see what people would have liked to have as covers as I'm just working on Outlanders at the moment - some of the ideas you had were in the original covers, but dropped out as other ideas were tried.

I've recently done a blog post about how 'Hope's Daughter' cover came together, if people are interested:

http://melcj.wordpress.com/2012/10/11...

message 12: by Nitzan, A Certified Bookaholic (new)

Melanie wrote: "Thanks for featuring Hope's Daughter in your group reads this month - it was a nice surprise to see it when I came on Goodreads.

Rebecca - I love your cover ideas, you should do it as a job! :)
..."

Oh, wow, to have the actual author comment for us! We're honored! :D
Rebecca is great, isn't she? I agree she should be doing it as a job!

message 13: by Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ (last edited Oct 16, 2012 12:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca ♥ Warner, Kishan, Magnus ♥ Thanks. :P I never did anything like that before, but once Nitzan asked me, I realized it was rather fun.