Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Anyone know what Stephenie Meyers is writing now?

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vidya (new)

Vidya (VidyaSamson) | 78 comments It’s been a while since she released anything. As far as I know, Host was the last book she released. Has there been anything from her since then?

I wonder why she didn’t complete Midnight Sun from Edward’s POV. And why she hasn’t written a book about Jacob and Renesmee as she said she might.

Jessica *The Lovely Books* (Jessybabe) | 30 comments She is continuing the host as a trilogy I believe. I thought the next book was coming out this year but maybe it's next year.

message 3: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Oct 05, 2012 08:35AM) (new)

Ezinwanyi She felt "violated" when the manuscript for Midnight Sun was released without her permission and she abandoned project. She may or may not, according to the letter on her blog.
By the way, She doesn't update her blog very often. I stopped looking. I guess I am at a point where I don't care that much anymore.

I had been waiting and waiting until I decided that there were too many other good authors out there for me to stalk one author.

I did love the Host and I would definitely see the movie when it comes out.

message 4: by Vidya (new)

Vidya (VidyaSamson) | 78 comments I felt the same way about her blog. when I saw she didn’t update it for months, I stopped checking. From what I see I think most popular authors who have blogs update them regularly. Except perhaps for JK Rowling who I don’t think has a blog, or didn’t last time I checked.

I suppose when an author gets as big as Meyers or Rowling, they feel they don’t need to blog to stay in constant touch with readers. I can understand that; blogging takes time away from writing. at the same time I do think even if you’re famous your site or blog should be updated at least every few weeks.

message 5: by Deanne (last edited Oct 05, 2012 03:14AM) (new)

Deanne | 209 comments I think that she has made her fortune and fame, so why write any more....