Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVES > General Recommendations

Comments (showing 1-37 of 37) (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Don't know what to read next. Why not ask others to pick for you?

In this topic, you can post what books you want to read, example books with pink cover, books about bullying... and wait for others to recommend the books to you.

message 2: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32353 comments I need a GOOD book that has a character who is a celebrity, musician, movie star, etc. I prefer fiction.

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Here are some:
Actor/Actress
Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) by Tammara Webber Where You Are (Between the Lines, #2) by Tammara Webber Good For You (Between the Lines, #3) by Tammara Webber Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James Vamparazzi (Esther Diamond, #4) by Laura Resnick

Musician
Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1) by S.C. Stephens Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison

Dancer
Bunheads by Sophie Flack

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32353 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Here are some:
Actor/Actress
Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) by Tammara WebberWhere You Are (Between the Lines, #2) by Tammara WebberGood For You (Between the Lines, #3) by Tammara WebberJust the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James[bookcover:Vampar..."

VERY very cool! Thanks!

Now, what is YOUR number ONE recommendation? I am going to go with that!

message 5: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments I like Sing Me to Sleep and Just the Sexiest Man Alive :)

But Between the Lines series is also good, especially book 1 & 2

message 6: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Some book about cowboys/farmer (rec for Trisha)

From Spikes & Spurs series:
Love Drunk Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs, #1) by Carolyn Brown Red's Hot Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs, #2) by Carolyn Brown Darn Good Cowboy Christmas (Spikes & Spurs, #3) by Carolyn Brown One Hot Cowboy Wedding (Spikes & Spurs, #4) by Carolyn Brown Mistletoe Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs, #5) by Carolyn Brown

MacKade Brothers Series
The Return of Rafe MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #1) by Nora Roberts The Heart of Devin MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #3) by Nora Roberts The Pride of Jared MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #2) by Nora Roberts The Fall of Shane MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #4) by Nora Roberts

And a few others:
Jenna's Cowboy A Novel (The Callahans of Texas, #1) by Sharon Gillenwater Dangerous Boy by Mandy Hubbard (the girl lives in a farm)

message 7: by Pang (new)

Pang | 167 comments OMG! For Julie James Book! I recommend ' FBI/U.S. Attorney Series ' I just finished book 1 and I love it! Her characters are smart and witty! Oh.. I want FBI Boyfriend! xD

Something About You (FBI / US Attorney, #1) by Julie James A Lot Like Love (FBI / US Attorney, #2) by Julie James About That Night (FBI / US Attorney, #3) by Julie James Love Irresistibly (FBI / US Attorney, #4) by Julie James--> OMG! I love all covers!

message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Pang wrote: "OMG! For Julie James Book! I recommend ' FBI/U.S. Attorney Series ' I just finished book 1 and I love it! Her characters are smart and witty! Oh.. I want FBI Boyfriend! xD

[bookcover:Something A..."

I know right??? I love her books. I am going to read more soon

message 9: by Ying (new)

Ying Yuvejwattana (yingjj) | 2 comments Hi Pang. If you like Julie James. I also recommend Just The Sexiest Man Alive. I love it!!!!! It's fun and romantic and the hero is swoon-worthy. Well, you can guarantee from the title!!

message 10: by Pang (new)

Pang | 167 comments Ying wrote: "Hi Pang. If you like Julie James. I also recommend Just The Sexiest Man Alive. I love it!!!!! It's fun and romantic and the hero is swoon-worthy. Well, you can guarantee from the title!!"

Thx Ying! Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James --> All of her books r interesting! and all the covers r gorgeous! <333

message 11: by K.C. (new)

K.C. Steward (kcsteward) | 7 comments Would love for group members to read Nik's List and review it. Support new authors.

Nik's List by K.C. Steward

message 12: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26505 comments K.C. wrote: "Would love for group members to read Nik's List and review it. Support new authors.

Nik's List by K.C. Steward"

Sounds like a fun book, will there be a normal book coming out? Or is it only for those who have an ereader?

message 13: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments K.C. wrote: "Would love for group members to read Nik's List and review it. Support new authors.

Nik's List by K.C. Steward"

I've always loved new authors :) I'll try to get one and read if I could :)

message 14: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (amp5482yahoocom) | 54 comments I also love books that deal with cancer so any recommendations let me know

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments One Last Wish series is so good and suitable for your age.
Please Don't Die (One Last Wish, #8) by Lurlene McDaniel Reach for Tomorrow (One Last Wish, #12) by Lurlene McDaniel Let Him Live (One Last Wish, #6) by Lurlene McDaniel Mourning Song (One Last Wish, #2) by Lurlene McDaniel A Time to Die (One Last Wish, #1) by Lurlene McDaniel Someone Dies, Someone Lives (One Last Wish, #4) by Lurlene McDaniel A Season for Goodbye (One Last Wish, #11) by Lurlene McDaniel Mother, Help Me Live (One Last Wish, #3) by Lurlene McDaniel She Died Too Young (One Last Wish, #9) by Lurlene McDaniel The Legacy Making Wishes Come True (One Last Wish, #7) by Lurlene McDaniel All the Days of Her Life (One Last Wish, #10) by Lurlene McDaniel
I think there are 12 books in the series. I have read only one so far, but it was so good. I cried so hard. I have bought 10 books from the series, but still need to find time to read them :)

Here are a few more... all about cancer :)
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Don't Die, My Love by Lurlene McDaniel Breathless by Lurlene McDaniel Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison

message 16: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (amp5482yahoocom) | 54 comments Thank you very much

message 17: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments No biggie :) Hope it help :D

message 18: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 1240 comments Abigail wrote: "I also love books that deal with cancer so any recommendations let me know"

the books that I know about that are A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

message 19: by Len (new)

Len (ellencantillan) Pang wrote: "OMG! For Julie James Book! I recommend ' FBI/U.S. Attorney Series ' I just finished book 1 and I love it! Her characters are smart and witty! Oh.. I want FBI Boyfriend! xD

[bookcover:Something A..."

hi Pang, i want to check this FBI series too,

message 21: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (last edited Dec 24, 2012 10:22AM) (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I think for one of the earlier months (probably February or March) I am going to have a standalone month for myself. I will only read standalones that month! I need some really good recs!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper
Seriously, so worth it!

message 23: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Jess- Thanks! I read that during the summer and really enjoyed it! Does anybody have a book that is like Out Of My Mind?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Does anyone have any REALLY good books that they have read that they think I will like? I am going to the bookstore tomorrow and I have a few books in mind but I was hoping for someone to give me a few recommendations. (I don't like fantasy books)

message 25: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments So you want contemporary? I have read a lot of those lately.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah absolutely :) I love contemporary books.

message 27: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments I'll check and get back to you ASAP :)

message 28: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments From Ashes by Molly McAdams The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay Scribbler of Dreams by Mary E. Pearson Dizzy by Nyrae Dawn If I Lie by Corrine Jackson 34 Pieces of You by Carmen Rodrigues 52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody Guitar Notes by Mary Amato Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer The International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson Just Flirt by Laura Bowers What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor Almost by Anne Eliot When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle Crush Control by Jennifer Jabaley Her Best Friend's Brother  by T.J. Dell

I love contemporary also :) All above are the ones I really like. Hope you find some you like :D

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG thanks Gisbelle!! I will definitely check out some of these books!! :)

message 30: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments You're welcome. I hope you like them :D

message 31: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments I'm going to spoil myself with lots of books (with the gift cards I've received) Any recommendations?

message 32: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments Gisbelle wrote: "From Ashes by Molly McAdamsThe Sea of Tranquility by Katja MillayScribbler of Dreams by Mary E. PearsonDizzy by Nyrae DawnIf I Lie by Corrine Jackson[bookcover:34 Pieces of You|13..."

Do you have 34 pieces for you on nook.

message 33: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments ?*

message 34: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments I don't use nook dear.

message 35: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments I feel odd D:
I have a kindle app on my laptop but idk how to lend books on that lol

message 36: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Not sure either. I never lend anyone my books. Besides, I get most of my book from ibook store since I use ipad to read. I don't think they are lendable :)

message 37: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Potter  | 205 comments Does anyone know of any books about anxiety or depression? Thanks in advance!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.