Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Just released recommendations

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by pbj (new)

pbj | 30 comments I don't know if this feature exists on GR and I've just overlooked it, but I'd love a "New for You" recommendations list. Instead of the same old books based on my shelves, I'd love a recommendation list made up of only newly released titles but based on my prior reading habits.
If this already exists somewhere, please point me in the right direction, I find that I often miss features on this site.

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 2227 comments you should get every month an email that has new books released by authors on your shelves

message 3: by pbj (new)

pbj | 30 comments I know GR sends one out, but I would find it more useful if it were a section of recommendations instead of an email. As it is, my recommendations don't change often enough to make it an interesting feature to visit and I thought this might be an intuitive place to find that kind of information.

Elizabeth (Alaska) The October New Releases email just came out. There is a setting on your profile, email tab, toward the bottom, just above the Group Email Preferences section.

message 5: by Lena (new)

Lena Horn (lenahorn) | 9 comments E-mail is nice, but I don't like signing up for so many e-mails (I get too many in the first place). I'd rather have a place on the Goodreads site. It'd be another great way of finding new books and new authors.

Elizabeth (Alaska) You can get there. Same place I said in #4, then click on your options for the email, and in the upper right of that page is a link "new releases".

message 7: by pbj (new)

pbj | 30 comments Thanks Elizabeth - that works.
Under Edit Profile - My Account - Emails - Newsletters and Other Mail - Send me the monthly New Releases email Then click the little (preview) and the New Releases page pops up with out having to deal with the email/junk mail issue.
I'll be honest, I probably won't drill that far down for this information on any regular basis, but it's nice to know I can get to it without having to receive email.

message 8: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Oct 03, 2012 05:35PM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) pbj wrote: "I'll be honest, I probably won't drill that far down for this information on any regular basis, but it's nice to know I can get to it without having to receive email. "

Yep, it probably ought to be easier to get to, but since it's customized just for you .... It's updated only once a month, by the way.

message 9: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 1462 comments You can use this link:

http://www.goodreads.com/new_releases

To go straight to the current month. It goes one month into the future for the authors list, but only through the current month for the genre page. You can also page into the past for the ones you missed.

message 10: by Carol (new)

Carol (Carole888) | 50 comments Thank you Deborah! This is great!

message 11: by Robin (new)

Robin (ukamerican) | 599 comments pbj wrote: "I don't know if this feature exists on GR and I've just overlooked it, but I'd love a "New for You" recommendations list. Instead of the same old books based on my shelves, I'd love a recommendati..."

Well, you can view new releases by genre. But I agree I wouldn't mind seeing a filter in the recommendations section which would only show new releases among the recommendations.