Hunger games Roleplay discussion

Training...Finally!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 208) (208 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

((training, and training ONLY. do not go outside, do not go to sleep. Only training))

message 2: by Lily (new)

Lily (lovelyisapixie) | 35 comments Melody sat on bench as the tributes were given a break to cool down. She took a sip of her water and watched the other tributes as they talked to each other.

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas  | 79 comments Kierra slashed at the dummy, plunged her knife into it's heart and cut off his head, all in 3 seconds. She would win this, she was determined and good. The only problem was Seth.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I stand at the end of the room, watching the other tributes. A girl is determined to put off the others as she slashes away at a dummy at the far end of the gym. Some people were chatting amongst one another, alliances already made. Others, like her, watched the competition. Slowly, my face set, I walk steadily towards the knives section, towards the other girl. I had been to the net section, which I passed with flying colours thanks to my father. I had looked at most of the survival skills. This is my first time with the weapons. I figure that there is not point hiding what I can do, since I'm a career, and I'll be seen as a threat anyway. I pick up a collection of knives, and begin to flick them at a steady pace; one in the heart, one in the neck, one in each hand, one in each eye, one in the stomach. I don't miss.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I turn my back to the dummy and begin to flick the knives over my shoulder, a trick my brother had taught me just before he had been reaped. I know they will reach their target even before they make contact, even before I turn around. I watch Alice out of the corner of my eye.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I smile to myself and move on to archery.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I lean over to her ear as I walk by. "Years of practising. Pays sometimes to have had a brother in the games." I pick up a bow and play with it in my hands, getting used to the shape. Not my strongest weapon but I'll use it if I have to. I pick a dummy and begin a steady stream at arrows, trying to perfect my aim.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"Zac. Couple of years ago. And my dad. 20 or so years ago. Runs in the family, I guess." I shrug nonchalantly.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I smile at her. "Dad, obviously. Zac made it to the final four. Anyway, it was my father's fault. He volunteered Zac for it." I shake my head. It doesn't bother me as much any more.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well he would have... if I hadn't been reaped anyway." My face is set now. I pull up another arrow and strike it hard in the dummy's chest.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I smile. "I don't want to kill it. I just want it to suffer." I do what she says anyway, watching the plastic crumple. "And if you line your blade up with your wrist, laying the edge down your arm so the tip points at you, and flick, you're more likely to hit your target."

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I wink at her and move on.

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 04, 2012 11:41AM) (new)

Scip walked into the training room, trying to formulate a plan. Would he show off, or learn? He decided to start in the middle. Fire. He was good at that, but could use some practice.

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas  | 79 comments I move from knives to swords. It was the easiest of all and had managed to skewer all the sword-practice dummies. Then I moved onto archery, another weapon that came easy for me. I shoot 3 arrows to a single dummy. I spot two girls talking, one a career, and shot an arrow to the target above their heads.
The guards couldn't stop me, no matter what the girls said if they said anything, becouse i had shot the target.

message 15: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (KateKid) Arrow entered and looked around. Who was the best at what?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't even flinch when the arrow shoots over my head to the target. I know which direction it came from. I flick a knife out from my sleeve, one that I had slipped out of the training area and throw it over my shoulder. It's not meant to hit the person with arrows, just the target which I estimate is by her shoulder. I know it has found purchase as I hear the metal embed itself into the dummy behind her. I smile to myself. Channelling Helena. My insane mentor would be proud.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Scipio laid down at the survival station on his stomach and started a small fire. He burned his fingers a couple times, but was happy with his results. He looked around the room.

message 18: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (KateKid) Arrow eyed Scip starting his fire. She smiled at him. She was getting bored watching people so she decided to show off a bit. She winked at Scip and started scaling a wall. When she was at the top she started climbing on the celing.

message 19: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (KateKid) She hears the girl whisper, she looks down and nods with a smirk.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I follow Alice's gaze and see the girl climbing the ceiling. A career. I have seen her around with another boy. I figure they aren't a pair to cross.

message 21: by Lily (new)

Lily (lovelyisapixie) | 35 comments Melody walks over to the camoflauge section and quietly does what the intructer says.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I pick up some ropes and begin to weave them into the nets and patterns we make back home. I walk over to Alice and Alex, not looking at what I weave, just acting instinctively. "So... what can scaredy boy do?" I ask her, looking Alex up and down.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I laugh to myself and shake my head. "I don't know a better swimmer, combat fighter or archer. Not the person to argue with." I look at Alex and laugh. "What do you think I'm going to do, eat you?" I flick another knife from my sleeve. "Though I have to say," I say with a wink, "I wouldn't like your chances." I give the knife a spin.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yeah, he guessed, though my mentor hasn't." I look at Alex as if deciding something. "Well, as long as he isn't too much of a drip, I'll leave killing him to the final 4." I toss the knife high in the air and catch the blade between my forefinger and thumb.

message 25: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 06, 2012 08:22AM) (new)

"Xander. And probably not." I let go of the blade and catch it at the handle, flicking in back in the air. I close my eyes, my head aching, pushing the hair off of my face with my free hand, the hand that isn't juggling knives.

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas  | 79 comments Kierra shoots an two arrows at a dummie's heart, the second Arrow piercing the first. After that she moved onto swimming, one of the things she had practiced for 3 years. The dived into the water and rejoiced the feeling of coolness. Some could say she was from District 4 becouse she had always liked the water. In fact she wished she was from Distict 4, luxury was so overrated. While some people thought water as drowning, airless and dangerous, Kierra saw water as freedom, life giving and a home.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I nod and thank Alice, but my eyes are now focused on something else. Or someone else. She is swimming. Which occurs to me as odd. Given that she isn't from district 4. I wander over to the swimming area, leaning over the edge of the pool. "Having fun?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas  | 79 comments "Yes actually" Kierra told the girl with knives. Then she went under again and stayed there for 3 whole minutes.

message 30: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 06, 2012 08:43AM) (new)

I laugh. "District 4, hun. I live in water."
I strip down to the costume and dive into the water. Though people can be freaked out by someone holding their breath for that long, it doesn't bother me. I wait for her to surface, floating in the cool water. I still have a knife in my hand.

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas  | 79 comments After another minute, Rierra goes up and takes a deep breath. She sees the knife and knockes it out of the girl's hand.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I laugh. "We're in training. Why do you think I'm going to stick you in here?" I slide under the water and pick up the knife, not bothering to take in a breath. I toss it up to my clothes.

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas  | 79 comments "It's been known"

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I frown at Alice. "I'm District 4, lovie!"

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I float away from them on my back, before slipping underwater. It's like another world. I feel like I'm home. After all, I spend about 8 hours a day swimming in the sea back home.

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas  | 79 comments "Distict 1" I told the other girl.

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas  | 79 comments "Distict 1" I told the other girl.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I slip up to the surface in time to hear the girl say her district. "That figures."

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas  | 79 comments "What's that?"

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas  | 79 comments "Oh no I was talking to you. I mean what's your district item" I told the girl backing away.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I look at Alice's expression and smile. "Don't worry, I'm not gunna kill her. I just came for a swim. And District 7 is lumber, isn't it?"

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas  | 79 comments "Hmmm" Kierra says and dives down, carefull to make the act look rude so they wouldn't talk to her anymore.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I snort with laughter and slip away down under water, just as I say, "Like a true Career, that one."

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I snort with laughter and slip away down under water, just as I say, "Like a true Career, that one."

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't want to leave the water. It's the one thing I know for sure I am good at, and feel natural doing. I spin and dive and swim round and round for about an hour, until a look from Xander gets me out of the pool. I dry myself off and go to the fire building section, intending on warming myself up.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

((Hey))

I stoop beside her and light a piece of cloth with flint. "Here."

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I roll my eyes, seeing her plans in her eyes, and with a shove send her flying into the pool, which is a few metres away. "Don't want my allies burnt before we get there!" I shout, smiling.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

"Me please! Could do with a sugar rush right now," I say, raising my hands to protect myself as Alice splashes me with water.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I laugh and suck the sugar, brushing the water off of my face.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I grin and light one pretty quickly. I try and ignore the odd glances we are getting from other tributes; the whispers that drift by. "The career and the 7 girl"; "those four".

« previous 1 3 4 5