Cloud Atlas Cloud Atlas question

Any recommendations?
Julissa Julissa Oct 03, 2012 01:40PM
I want to become immersed in a really good book that will transport me to another place in another time. Im open to any and all recommendations if anyone has any ideas. Its been a while since Ive gotten into a really good book, and would appreciate the help. To narrow it down my preferences are sci-fi, fantasy, spiritual, and some horror (mostly supernatural thrillers). Thanks :)

i've read cloudatlas and black swan green which i both love! he's such a talented writer.

Ilium and Olympos I thought were really good and immersive. It's the story of a professor who has been resurrected by the goddess Athena during the Trojan War to chronicle it.
You might think it's a Fantasy novel, but it actually is SciFi. There are two more story threads that seems unconnected with each other, but it all comes together.

GRRM's ASOIAF

An Instance of the Fingerpost - fractured narrative like cloud atlas, historical murder intrigue story. quite brilliant

A challenging story I just finished is Riddley Walker by Russell Hoban. A post apocalyptic plot in Great Britain that is totally unique.

Affinity by Sara Waters. Totally engrossing. And twisted.

thank you guys I'm going to look into your suggestions. @Matthew no I haven't but I definitely plan to

Matthew McFarland number9dream is probably the most similar to Cloud Atlas, followed by Ghostwritten. Black Swan Green is his most conventional book, and The Thousand A ...more
Oct 09, 2012 03:17AM

Have you read David Mitchell's other books?